Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Getting static randomly when gaming at 4k
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
Destrto
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by briank View Post
Normally I'd say this is a cable or TV issue. Perhaps you can try different inputs on the TV and outputs on the GPU.

Your temperature is interesting though. Anyway to down tune the card to get temps under control? Anything up with you case that your GPU is not getting any fresh air?
I did try every input on the TV, with no difference. I believe it is a heat issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post
You have manually changed the GPU to output 4k @ 60Hz? Are you sure that your TV supports HDMI 2.0? Are you sure that your GPU supports HDMI 2.0?
HDMI 1.4 will support 4k at 30hz only.
If you can get it running at 4k 30hz and not 60 i assume this is your issue.
I cannot find the actual specs for this tv online?

EDIT: If you are using the 290 X which is in your sig it does not support HDMI 2.0. I owned this card, you can however run 60Hz with Display Port.
Tv Supports HDMI 2.0, it has a setting that allows me to switch between 1.4 and 2.0. https://www.sceptre.com/overview-365.html
I have to change the monitor options within Windows back to 60Hz whenever I change the resolution. (Display adapter properties>Monitor tab)
It runs at [email protected]

I am not using a 290X, I used to , which is why I have that in my Sig. I am now using a PowerColor RX 580 Red Devil.

EK Club XCrossXFire ClubX
-OCN Water Cooling Club-
Destrto
(13 items)
CPU
AMD FX-8370
Motherboard
MSI 990FXA-Gaming
GPU
AMD PowerColor RX 580
RAM
G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16Gb