Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Forbes] Microsoft Confirms Update Warning For Windows 10, Windows 8.1 And Windows 7 Users

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 06:58 AM
JackCY
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Yeah I was wondering why Windows borked itself again with black screen, not responding to anything other than hard reset and in event log only showing some undescribed issue with user profile. Well now I know, it was that damn security update I rushed it to do. Needless to say it went back to maximum deferred updates right after anyway.

It certainly is a security issue if their updates are of open source backyard quality and every time they happen something else breaks. People will not want to install updates and go to extra lengths to prevent Windows updates even more than they already do because of these endless issues.

I do use VB/VBA in one of my spreadsheets, don't tell me it's broken now! As lazy as M$ is with installing updates on my older hardware there really is nowhere to rush in recent years with their endless bork ups each update.