Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - 1440p monitor options

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:04 AM
Leopardi
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post
What do you all think the best move to do is. At some point it would be nice to get off these old monitors and move up. It's been nearly 5 years of looking for something worth my time that didn't come packed with QC flaws. But nothing seems to be improving.

Should I wait until the PG279QE comes out and see if QC improves any? Get something currently out now? I'm so lost because of the panel lottery issues makes me want to avoid these monitors all together.
QE will be the same old bezel so it won't improve QC, but QR has the zeroframe, would be interesting to see how it does.

If you're ready to lock yourself to nvidia, the Viewsonic XG2703 is still sold at retailers and has potentially good QC as well. I wouldn't recommend XB271HU without gamma controls, it can look really washed out with no way to fix.

There are also 75Hz alternatives at a decent price, if you want to go with a stop-gap solution while waiting for the OLED screens for example.