Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Philips Momentum 328M1R 31.5" 4k 120Hz

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:08 AM
Malinkadink
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 108 (Unique: 84)
Quote: Originally Posted by shilka View Post
Because many disliked curved and dont want it

As for G Sync its way overpriced and is slowly on the way out being replaced by AMD Freesync and that other new adaptive sync stardard i cant recall the name of
Why paid for the G Sync gimmick when there is something just as good you can use for free so G Sync just adds extra costs to the monitor for no reason thats why many new monitors dont have it
Gsync does still hold a few advantages but i agree its on the way out as the advantages gsync holds mainly a consistently wide VRR range + variable overdrive can be implemented in a freesync display with the right scaler its just that that effort is left to the manufacturer and most manufacturers won't go out of their ways to implement those things. That's why the Spectrum monitor is being developed.

I want to know what the panel type of these displays will be, probably VA in which case im just not interested. I'd also be hard pressed to want to invest a good chunk of money into a DP 1.4/HDMI 2.0 monitor when HDMI 2.1 is already available in TVs and we'll have GPUs soon for that too and i dont expect DP 2.0 displays until late next year, yet LG launches their TVs around march of every year and if they introduce a 49" C10 model i'll be going that route and not looking back.