Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Weirdest cooler I've ever seen in my life

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:28 AM
doyll
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
'No Fan' has been around for long, long time.

Honestly it's a waste of money because a good cooler like Thermalright Macho 140 or Scythe Mugen with fan at low speed will cool better .. and unless you put your ear so close to fan it mght get hit by fan blades you won't be able to hear it anyway.

Or get Macho 0 and a shroud to rear exhaust vent. If case does not have any case fans it will get progressively hotter and hotter, so we have to have case fans anyway, so what is the deal with having no fan on cooler? Case fans move cool air in case. Obviously the same amount of heated air has to be leaving case (simple physics principle of amount in must equal amount out).

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base