Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread
View Single Post
post #9368 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:18 PM
mtrai
Stuck in the past

Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post
Here are modified bioses for Crosshair VII boards, which include the new SMU 46.49.0 release that improves boost behavior / margin on 3000-series CPUs.

Do note that these are totally untested, rebuilt bioses. Despite I fully expect them to work, there is no guarantee what so ever that they actually do.

Also since the bioses have been rebuilt, their original signatures allowing them to be flashed using official software (e.g. EzFlash) tools are invalid. Because of that, they can be only flashed in using the Flashback feature.

In case they do not work or introduce some kind of an issue, you can revert to original bios by using Flashback function.

Also note that these bioses ARE NOT based AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA code revision, as the whole code base has not been upgraded (only the SMU firmwares).
Therefore the behavior might not be identical to true 1.0.0.3ABBA bios builds.

Naming: Official bios build, M = Modification, FI = 4649 (ASCII)

Crosshair VII Hero 0002M-FI

Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi 0002M-FI

Please let me know if they work or not, so that I can take them down if they're not working.
Thanks will test the wifi version after I get done with my dog walks and report back.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.