Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+)
View Single Post
post #677 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter
SweetLow
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by 1ms_hand2eye View Post
Thanks for that! For optical switch latency, I was talking about keyboards, not mice... Same situation as mice? Should I switch my mechanical keyboard switches for optimal ones?

After a bit more research, it seems like: if we used the lowest latency components, then 90+% of the latency will actually come from the display itself. Would you agree?
CRTs don't seem to have this problem, so should we be able to demonstrate <5ms of latency from hand to display using a CRT? It is unfortunate that so much latency was introduced in the obsoletion of CRTs!

Finding VA and IPS displays that run at 250hz and look good enough to be worth it are still hard to find.
>For optical switch latency, I was talking about keyboards, not mice
And i was talking about input devices as whole.

>if we used the lowest latency components, then 90+% of the latency will actually come from the display itself
I can clarify - all important latency came from display (if you exclude network latencies in some cases). But not display itself only but display subsystem.

>CRTs don't seem to have this problem,
Of course they have some latency. It usually is less than LCD on equal rate but non zero in any case.

>so should we be able to demonstrate <5ms of latency from hand to display using a CRT?
No (except allowing tearing in some cases).

P.S. Display latencies are definitely off topic for this thread, IMHO.