Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [AT] NVIDIA & ASUS Unveil 360Hz 1080p G-Sync Monitor: ROG Swift 360
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 11:36 AM
DNMock
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 173 (Unique: 127)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
absolutely would run into limitations causing you to do stuff like 4:2:0 or 4:0:0

it really doesn't make sense to me. Yes, 100% RICER type stuff.

there's gotta be some form of market collusion preventing OLED below 55 inches from coming to market? I, and many others would pay the tax for it... i don't get it.
LG is supposed to be adding 48" models to their OLED line-up this year.

Still a little bigger than I want, but it's close enough to definitely leave me intrigued.

Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
No, not right now. Animations in games arent made for really high frame rates so even if you could display 360fps on a 360hz monitor, there just isnt any animation frame data there to display extra. It is pretty rare to see a company make animations in high fps. So outside of situations like twitch gaming where you make use of responsiveness, it wont really help right now.
The push to high refresh rate is still good though, as it would be great if we could hit 2000hz eventually. As we push higher, game studios and hopefully movie studios will also begin to push animations at higher frame rate as well.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking