Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Toms] Acer Predator X32 Mini-LED Gaming Monitor Hits a Radiant 1,400 Nits Brightness With HDR
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 02:17 AM
kbk_75
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
This monitor sounds like exactly what I’ve been waiting for since 2015. That price, though...I guess the high-end monitor market is now a flat-out rip-off and anyone looking for a good 4K monitor for gaming at a decent (32” and up) size will probably look at TVs instead. I’ve had a 30” Dell 2560x1600 screen since 2011 and absolutely love it. It’s not the best gaming monitor in the world, by far, but it is a very good screen and I’ve been very happy with it.

I very nearly bought an Acer XB321HK several times over the past few years but the many issues I read about these monitors prevented me from doing so. Being in India, I don’t have the luxury of buying and returning a monitor, plus our customs duty, at around 80%, makes importing things an expensive proposition, so rock-solid quality is an absolute prerequisite.

Having gone the OLED route with the LG 65C7 back when the Xbox One X came out, I can attest that these are fantastic screens. If they had a 42” version I’d have it wall mounted above my PC already. I guess 48” is a step in that direction but I can’t help but wonder why they didn’t make one at 42-45” instead of 48”, when they already have a 55” in the product stack. Oh well...maybe 2021!