Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Help setting up all the RGB wiring on new build with MSI x570 Unify
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM
smilinjohn
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by RomeSC View Post
The case did not come with a hub. My motherboard has 2 addressable 3pin RGB headers, and 2 more 4pin RGB headers.

The picture I linked of the "RGB fan cables" are the cables coming off just one fan. I assume one is power, one is RGB and one is to chain other RGB fans together?

If the case cables "provide" an extra addressable RGB header, as I am guessing from please see picture, then could I plug the case RGB into an adressable RGB header on the motherboard, and then plug the AIO RGB cable into the case 3 pin header, and plug RGB fan1 into the AIO male cable, and then plug RGB fan2 into RGB fan1 male cable, etc, so that the only one plugged into the motherboard ueader is the case, and this would allow the case buttons to control the entire RGB color system?

If so I would probably just do that, but I don't know if that's how it works.

And that's just the led cables ... Does each fan also need to plug into a motherboard header to get power? Bah I'm confused. This is what happens when I don't build a PC in 7 years ...

You must have posted that last post when I was typing my last post...

Down load the manual if your case was missing it. It has the wiring schematics in it.

http://www.lian-li.com/lancool-ii/

Your AIO and fans should all have the wiring schematics you can find on the Deepcool website if they didn't come in the packages.

http://www.deepcool.com/download/pdf/RF120_3IN1_EN.pdf

Open Air Build
(13 items)
CPU
i9
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
GPU
MSI GEFORCE GTX1080 TI GAMING X 11G
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA
Cooling
All PrimoChill parts (Rad 360, Pumps D5, Fittings, and Acrylic Tubing), Byskey CPU&GPU Blocks
Case
Praxis Wet Bench
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus Predrator
Other
Thermaltake Commander F6 Fan Controller
Other
DIY Sleeved Cables
▲ hide details ▲