GPU Team: Wu-Tang (Team Disbanded) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GPU Team: Wu-Tang (Team Disbanded)

post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 740 (Unique: 540)
So I wake up this morning and my computer had crashed. I wonder if my clocks on the card aren't stable and made my computer crash. There goes a couple of hours of folding. I'm trying to get [email protected] to automatically start up when the computer turns on, but I can't figure it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
So I wake up this morning and my computer had crashed. I wonder if my clocks on the card aren't stable and made my computer crash. There goes a couple of hours of folding. I'm trying to get [email protected] to automatically start up when the computer turns on, but I can't figure it out.
put a shortcut in a folder called 'startup' that is already in your program files menu. it automatically executes that shortcut on log in
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

I think I might have a good idea why my rig crashed. Since then, it has crashed a few more times. I have noticed that it only does it when working on the 768pt wu's. I also have noticed that they stress the gpu more since temp increases when working on them.

Going from an 1888 to a 768, temp immediately went from a constant 40°c to 44°c and slowly climbed upto 45°c. I'm thinking that it has to do with gpu temp and possibly the shaders become unstable at a little higher temp. I know 44°c isn't a lot, but everyone says that the shaders are very sensible to temp. Since I have them overclocked fairly high, the increase in temp might make them unstable?

This could be a result of having a 80°F ambient temp in my room. When I did all of my preliminary testing, it was around 68°F in my room. Just a few minutes ago I turned the AC on in my house and gpu temp dropped to 40°c in a matter of minutes.

I'm probably going to drop the core and memory clocks a bit to reduce heat if this continues to occur. There really is no need to have them clocked that high 24/7, but it makes me feel good knowing that I can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 AM

Yeah my GPU is super tempremental with temperatures

Ive crashed several times lately with the GPU OC'd and my room getting to 35*C already (GOD DAMN DESERT ITS GETTING HOT ALREADY!!!!!) and we don't have the AC on yet since my parents are liek *omg is so nice outside*

Anyhow the GPU is at stock and has been going great for the past few days
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Mine crashes when I'm away from it. It ran fine over night and I go to school for 2hrs and it had crashed while I was gone. I lowered the clocks on the card and just left the shader up. I don't think it's temperature since it's 72°F in my room and the card is at 40°c.

Besides the random crashes it's doing pretty well. It gets over 8k on the 768's and around 7800 on the 1888. Unfortunately I have been getting a few 511's recently and they kill my ppd. They drop my ppd to the 6k range.

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM

Yeah those 511 units drop me to 5500 ppd

everything else, im 6,800 to 8,000 PPD which is nice, most of them have been right around 7k (the 1880 i think)
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Are most productive day yet, 18 wu's for 14,430 pts.

Check it out, I have a little spreadsheet for our team. I also have one for the other team but I didn't include the amount of wu's. I made them in office 07 and it wouldn't let me upload that type of file so I had to convert to the older format. I haven't even looked at it.

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Uh-oh, we might be dropping to 4th place very soon

Any problems or did you just need to get your game on?

post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Yeha my rig froze up three times in the past week... every 4th day or so it seems to just stop working... not sure why but I think core 0 has stability problems because I removed all folding off core 0 (originally core 0-1 would do GPU and core 1-2 would do SMP, core 3 would be open for music/other stuff) and i shifted it so core 0 is the open core and its improved a lot lately.

time will tell.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Mine still crashes randomly. I'm pretty sure it's because of my shader clocks. It only seems to happen when it's really hot. Today the AC was off and someone decide to close the door in my room. You can imagine how hot it gets with two pc's in one room both folding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in