Team Folding Fury (No members needed) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team Folding Fury (No members needed)

post #21 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 20)
Thanks man!

Welcome to Cwell!

Dr. Hiba, B.S., M.S., Ph.D, CSCS, ACSM---If you have a question, PM me and I will get to it as soon as I can!
And to answer the question I hear most...My avatar pics are of my wife.
Picking the Right Training Program: https://www.overclock.net/off-topic/1...-each-you.html
New thread about structural balance
Fat loss help: https://www.overclock.net/off-topic/1...ml#post1786403
Postural Help:https://www.overclock.net/off-topic/1...ure-tight.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 185 (Unique: 144)
Thanks! Up and Folding as we speak! Let's go team!

post #23 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 577 (Unique: 296)
I've got a 3700+ sitting in a box and an ASUS A8N-E. This processor makes ~3GHz so I'm going to use it for folding too since I can have three processors. I'll have it up and running tomorrow.

Am I allowed to run two instances on a single processor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 898 (Unique: 371)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropey View Post
I've got a 3700+ sitting in a box and an ASUS A8N-E. This processor makes ~3GHz so I'm going to use it for folding too since I can have three processors. I'll have it up and running tomorrow.

Am I allowed to run two instances on a single processor?
If you use 3 then the other team members will have to sit a core.

It's better for you to run 2 cores on your C2D along with Hiba and paul.

FOLD FOR OCN - TEAM 37726
OC Settings: 4800mhz 100x48, 1.4500 vcore, 1600mhz Mem 9-9-9-24, 1200/1600 GPU @ 1.26v.
post #25 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

I PM'd Taeric to ask pretty much the same question Ropey an hour ago lol. Basically you can only fold under the name you are using for this team on 2 cores, since we each have 2 cores (that makes a total of 8 cores which is the limit per team). Any other additional cores you want to fold on need a different username configured to them in the [email protected] client.

For example, I used "CWell1337" for both cores on my X2 which I am contributing to the team on. On my Sempron 3400+ and my moms XP2200+ I am running the client under the name "CWell1337_2".

AS far as running two instances of the program on a single core machine, would there really be that much of a benefit to it? Instead of working faster on 1 WU, you are working much slower on 2 WUs. Not sure I see the point in it either.

post #26 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Some of the true die hards run multiple instances per core. The only advantage to that is that it helps to even out the "bumps" caused by WU assignments of various production rates. This method is not a good idea for the team competition as each instance that submits WUs counts against the team total.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #27 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 577 (Unique: 296)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeric View Post
Some of the true die hards run multiple instances per core. The only advantage to that is that it helps to even out the "bumps" caused by WU assignments of various production rates. This method is not a good idea for the team competition as each instance that submits WUs counts against the team total.
Very informative. The team structure is based on total work units and not points then? Or an amalgamation of the two? I have seen that more points ~10% are produced on a 3GHz A64 when using dual instances. I did not take into account the possibility of (team <--> work units) the total work units though. Thank you. I will not run the 3700+ then. Time to dismantle it I guess.
post #28 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

How long before we get our team name in our postbits?

post #29 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 923 (Unique: 529)
The postbit function is currently down because of forum upgrades.

post #30 of 555 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 20)
woot woot...big points today!

Dr. Hiba, B.S., M.S., Ph.D, CSCS, ACSM---If you have a question, PM me and I will get to it as soon as I can!
And to answer the question I hear most...My avatar pics are of my wife.
Picking the Right Training Program: https://www.overclock.net/off-topic/1...-each-you.html
New thread about structural balance
Fat loss help: https://www.overclock.net/off-topic/1...ml#post1786403
Postural Help:https://www.overclock.net/off-topic/1...ure-tight.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in