Team Smirnoff FTW (Team disbanded) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team Smirnoff FTW (Team disbanded)

Closed Thread

post #11 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 155 (Unique: 138)
that's weird... check in cpu-z to make sure the cpu multiplier is still up at 8.... sometimes the power saving function that turns don the multiplier keeps it down while folding. try clearing the cmos, re-doing your OC with c1e disabled

if that doesnt fix it i dont know what will

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLeNAn9eL go_quote.gif
Are you kidding? That's a given. Soloz can win the million while he feeds his puppy some puppy chow, write a review for an amp, watch tv, cook with headphones on and save Superman from a psycho madman that shoots kryptonite chickens from a compressed air powered bazooka on all before you can find the stray itch on your back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 196 (Unique: 152)
I'll screw with it later, the UPS dude just showed up with all my crap from xoxide, so tonight will be watercooling install night. Now I just have to go to the post office and retrieve another package. w00t

EDIT: I did redo my overclock, I'm back to under 20 minutes to complete a %.

skull.gifTHE CHEVY Owners CLUB!!! skull.gif
skull.gifWashington State Overclockers skull.gif

ø¨°º¤ø„¸Fold For¸„ø¤º°¨ø
ø 37726 ø
ø¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø„¸ø

post #13 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 315 (Unique: 243)
OK...I'm up on Air, ATM, 24/7 stable loads @ 54 stock everything until water arrives... no SMP, for me but i want 4 instances running... can anyone tell me what command lines i need to use?

CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, CCENT, Cyber Security Analyst+, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, LPIC-1
Working on: CCNA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

why no smp... it will get you many times more points and you only need to have 1 client open

Quote:
Are you kidding? That's a given. Soloz can win the million while he feeds his puppy some puppy chow, write a review for an amp, watch tv, cook with headphones on and save Superman from a psycho madman that shoots kryptonite chickens from a compressed air powered bazooka on all before you can find the stray itch on your back.
post #15 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3||scr3am
OK...I'm up on Air, ATM, 24/7 stable loads @ 54 stock everything until water arrives... no SMP, for me but i want 4 instances running... can anyone tell me what command lines i need to use?
SMP on a quad core won't work for the competition as it would have four active cores, more than the 3 allowable.

To set up multiple consoles, set up four separate directories. Copy the .exe into each of them. When you run it for the first time, be sure to change the machine ID for each directory. Other than that, there's not much to do.

You are doing yourself a disservice not using SMP on your system even if it disqualifies you from the team competition. A reasonably OCed quad can pull 4000-5000 points per day on SMP. Depending on WU selection, a quad may do below 1000 ppd if the WUs are bad enough.

Another option that would be a good trade off would be to run Linux SMP through VMWare. That will occupy two of your CPU cores (VMWare does can only handle 2 CPUs at a time) and should yield 2000-2500 points that you could dedicate to the folding team. You could run two consoles (or possibly a second instance of VMWare if that can be done) to harness the rest of the CPU's power, and those points could go to a generic folding name to keep you eligible for the team competition.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #16 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

sounds like a good idea for him, would'nt want to lose such a powerful machine... once he gets up and folding could you add us to the team scoreboard

Quote:
post #17 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 315 (Unique: 243)
4WUs completed, running 4 instances of the clent right now, DLed VMware, and need to go out and get a dvd or 2 for SUSE, will SMP on VMware and 2 clients on windows...so i can dedicate 3 towards the team but no more?

CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, CCENT, Cyber Security Analyst+, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, LPIC-1
Working on: CCNA

post #18 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Yup, 8 CPUs total per team with no more than 3 per member. It's up to each team to divvy up those 8 as fits them best.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #19 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

hellscream, you should only do two cores for the team so that he canall have 2 also... you can download linux, no nead to go out and get it somewhere. i used ubuntu when i did the vmware thing because it is alot smaller and faster to download

Quote:
post #20 of 1239 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 196 (Unique: 152)
So do we have everyone going? What does it take to be 'registered' as a team?

skull.gifTHE CHEVY Owners CLUB!!! skull.gif
skull.gifWashington State Overclockers skull.gif

ø¨°º¤ø„¸Fold For¸„ø¤º°¨ø
ø 37726 ø
ø¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø„¸ø

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in