Team Victorious Secret (No members needed) - Page 133 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team Victorious Secret (No members needed)

post #1321 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 84 (Unique: 72)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicketyRickety View Post
Ok up and runnin smooth
Good news, I'll pm lemans about the change. Good luck...I see SlickR is having some trouble now...?

GPU-Z / CPU-Z / Do You Fold?

Fav Quotes - My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.The Ya-Ya Sisters - I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. JD Salinger - The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 260 (Unique: 196)
i7 RAM and motherboard here this week hopefully, going to have to wait a bit for the processor. Then I'll switch to CPU client for the Original Team competition.

My Subzero Runs Thread
^^ Updated 11/04/10

post #1323 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 85 (Unique: 65)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Byte View Post
Good news, I'll pm lemans about the change. Good luck...I see SlickR is having some trouble now...?
That was just a duh moment on my part

Gr33nMachine
-=I Fold for 37726=-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1324 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 14)
Back home and up and running again. Came home to my comp turned off. Power must have gone on and off quickly, but still long enough to shut down.

post #1325 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I am going to be picking up a lower end UPS later on today. This duplex that we got was turned into a quadplex some time ago. Unfortunately when the did the wiring for the power it was quick and dirty. The power to my room and the room below me, which is the lower suite's kitchen, are on the same switch. So with my two pc's going all it takes is an extra load and the breaker flips. It seems to work ok with on appliance running, like a toaster, coffee pot or a micowave, but not two of them.

And the new neighbors are a really odd bunch and don't seem to care that the breaker broke. Whereas I do and I have to go and reset it. So with a 350-550VA UPC I can at least plug in my pc's, my lcd and the modem/switch. It only takes me somewhere about 30sec to reset the breaker so it is no big deal. I had thought that I would be able to get a tx750 corsair or a open box k9a2 but that will have to wait. The power has gone off like this too many time since I moved in and it is a BIG problem.
I got to restart both systems, get my gpu oc's working right, then start the folders on the 2ndary system and then do the same on my sigrig. All in all it take about 10 minutes to do it. And when I get a k9a2 running four gpu's it will be even more of a hassle and more power so I'll be looking at a higher volt/watt ups come spring time. I do have a good thing coming, when I get off my a$$ and do it. I have some back pay for GTS which might come into the $900 range. I don't know how much I will have after getting a 24' Sammy and a BB Curve but the rest I want to put into folding.

Fav Quotes - My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.The Ya-Ya Sisters - I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. JD Salinger - The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. Mark Twain

post #1326 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Tell us when you get that UPS! I wanted to get one but they're far overpriced here and the power doesn't go down that much. Why not spend the GTS money on rewiring the duplex? Should save you future hassles.

My Subzero Runs Thread
^^ Updated 11/04/10

post #1327 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well we are renting so I don't think paying them money would be a good idea. And I don't think that the little I will get, even though it is a nice big chunk of change, would cover 1/4 of the rewiring cost.

post #1328 of 1348 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 06:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Byte View Post
Well we are renting so I don't think paying them money would be a good idea. And I don't think that the little I will get, even though it is a nice big chunk of change, would cover 1/4 of the rewiring cost.
Ah ok didn't know you were renting! So what are you thinking on getting for extra [email protected] gear?

My Subzero Runs Thread
^^ Updated 11/04/10

post #1329 of 1348 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

This month is ours!

My Subzero Runs Thread
^^ Updated 11/04/10

post #1330 of 1348 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolonger View Post
Ah ok didn't know you were renting! So what are you thinking on getting for extra [email protected] gear?
I don't know for sure what I'll be adding to my small farm. It depends on what I get back. I think it will be in the range of $750-900 but there are a few things that will be bought first. I want to upgrade my BB Pearl to a Curve for sure and then upgrade from my 22" to another Sammy 24". After that I owe my step mom a few buck. What's leftover can be added to my monthly "free" cash.

1st up will be either a Corsair tx750 to put into my sigrig and use the tx650 for my 2ndary mobo. Then a k9a2 for 4 folding gpus. If I can get either some 98gt's or gtx+/250's that would be great but they will have to be the single 6pin versions. The gts250 that I got now is pushing 6k on a 787 point wu so x that by 4 and plus my Phenom and two MaxCores which do about 20k and it comes to a pretty hefty ppd so I should average 40k I think. And that will be, I think, the most I am willing to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolonger View Post
This month is ours!
I don't think so. We'd have to get at least 2 people folding on cpu's oc'd to at least 3.7 to get past 3rd spot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in