Quad teams? - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Quad teams?

post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonnova74 View Post
I'm not sure if you're going to be able to run dual in the compition, Taeric stated that you can only show 1 CPU running. If you run dual, Stanford will show 2 CPU's running. Stanford counts every instance you run as a CPU. For example, I run my 11 quads dual, so thats 22 instances. Stanford shows that I run 22 CPU's. So, I believe you would have to run a single instance of the FAH program. If I understand correctly.
Exactly. For Stanford 1 instance = 1 CPU. The only catch with this is that if you need to reinstall, it will count the new installation as a "new" CPU, which will take 7 days to drop off the stats. Allowances will be made for routine maintenance since that goes hand in hand with overclocking, but there will be zero tolerance for people who willingly choose to flaunt the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMiner View Post
Just my 2 cents worth. I think 2300 - 2400 would be a better figure because that equals about 17,000 points per week; which is what a decent dual core scores.
It's true that a nicely OCed C2D can produce more than 2k ppd, but looking back over many months of the team folding competition, no one has managed to keep up that pace for an entire month (presumably due to downtime, dropped WUs, etc.) The absolute highest score I saw in the months I checked (including Team owners 250k month) was right around 70k on a 31 day month. You would think that sooner or later someone would break through with a killer month on a C2D, but the realities of folding on the beta SMP client has not yet allowed that to happen.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 393 (Unique: 296)
So, in a nutshell, there is NO chance of using dual instances for quads?

~Gooda~

Start folding HERE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgheseger go_quote.gif
Wow...

I never thought i'd have to say this, but any penis pictures will net you a hefty infraction mmkay?
Engineering Sample CPUs: Q6600 B0 - Xeon E3110 (E8400) E0 - E5400 (possibly) - E8400 (possibly)
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
So, in a nutshell, there is NO chance of using dual instances for quads?

~Gooda~
In a nutshell, no. I'm already stretching the intention of the team competition, and dual instances on a quad yields way too many points to be considered a "little guy".

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Yields too much even if it's throttled?

~Gooda~

Start folding HERE!
Quote:
Wow...

I never thought i'd have to say this, but any penis pictures will net you a hefty infraction mmkay?
Engineering Sample CPUs: Q6600 B0 - Xeon E3110 (E8400) E0 - E5400 (possibly) - E8400 (possibly)
post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
The absolute highest score I saw in the months I checked (including Team owners 250k month) was right around 70k on a 31 day month.
I need to fix that

Although I just bought a case
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Senior Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeric View Post
It's true that a nicely OCed C2D can produce more than 2k ppd, but looking back over many months of the team folding competition, no one has managed to keep up that pace for an entire month (presumably due to downtime, dropped WUs, etc.) The absolute highest score I saw in the months I checked (including Team owners 250k month) was right around 70k on a 31 day month. You would think that sooner or later someone would break through with a killer month on a C2D, but the realities of folding on the beta SMP client has not yet allowed that to happen.
JadeMiner has already passed the 70K mark with his C2D this month and there is still ~2 days left

Quote:
The man never feels the want of what it never occurs to him to ask for. - Arthur Schopenhauer

post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yea, but he's got some kinda NOS system going I think

~Gooda~

Start folding HERE!
Quote:
Wow...

post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 154 (Unique: 109)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
JadeMiner has already passed the 70K mark with his C2D this month and there is still ~2 days left
My goal was 80K for the month. It's gonna be close. Just hoping I can get 2 more in. My own teammate XFreeRollerX is now faster than me. *forces a smile*

And you can see a few other teams really gearing up for June. Like Team Replacements with Lemans and Ranger and 2 E8400's and rx7racer with an [email protected] And many others running Ubuntu and VMWare.

I think June is definitely going to be the most competitive, high scoring, and exciting month yet!

post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 AM

Yeah, I can probably pull great work next month if
1: My new Ballistix get here
2: I don't get too much downtime from my case
3: My new Ballistix don't fry
4: Jade doesn't clock is E8400 higher than mine thus resulting in me trying to do the same and effectivly resulting in my epic fail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in