Team The Folding Duffmen (No members needed) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team The Folding Duffmen (No members needed)

Closed Thread

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

If you fold on two cores your uncapped. Quads and gpu's are capped but its at 2350 and starting next month it will raise to 2500. If you look at the team comp you can see beside the top 2 teams, most are gpu and its a very close race. We are hoping a small cap increase will make it more competitive without making it out of reach for lower cpu's.

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I
-Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Can i join? i fold 10 hours or so on my 4850. Weekends i can run 24/7 while im at home. I might start folding while i sleep if i can find a better way to cool my gpu. The stock fan is LOUD and keeps me up.

Edit:I just started folding so im not in the top 1000 yet. Still working my way there. My score is like 7200 or something like that.

Project:Code Red

Wanna Do remote Races on GT5? add my psn and let me know who you are. Ill gladly let you use one of my drivers. PSN: Smoochee

My GT5 Photo Gallery
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 182 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochee View Post
Can i join? i fold 10 hours or so on my 4850. Weekends i can run 24/7 while im at home. I might start folding while i sleep if i can find a better way to cool my gpu. The stock fan is LOUD and keeps me up.

Edit:I just started folding so im not in the top 1000 yet. Still working my way there. My score is like 7200 or something like that.
If youll do smp folding with your cpu you can, the ati cards dont produce many points for counting as 2 cores. Also have to get on the list of top 1000 for me to add you I think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

ok well i actually just started cpu folding ill see how it works. ill be sure to check back in once i get in the top 1000.

Wanna Do remote Races on GT5? add my psn and let me know who you are. Ill gladly let you use one of my drivers. PSN: Smoochee

My GT5 Photo Gallery
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderators

You can still have him on the team

He just needs to make it into the top 1000 for his points to start counting towards the team.

Quote:
The man never feels the want of what it never occurs to him to ask for. - Arthur Schopenhauer

post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Ok well i tryed cpu folding and it all seems fine but how accurate is speed fan when it reports the cpu temp? After folding for a while it says my cpu is at 88C. But up until that point its only at about 29-31C.

My GT5 Photo Gallery
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderators

I would use Core Temp with the TJ.Max set to 90*C

Quote:
The man never feels the want of what it never occurs to him to ask for. - Arthur Schopenhauer

post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

ok what will give me more points. Folding smp with my cpu and using gpu2 for my videocard at the same time or just using my cpu?

My GT5 Photo Gallery
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 182 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochee View Post
ok what will give me more points. Folding smp with my cpu and using gpu2 for my videocard at the same time or just using my cpu?
youll get around the same I think, and with the 2 cores instead of the gpu counting the same, but not having a ppd cap.

post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Senior Moderators

Try it out and use fahmon to check what kind of PPD you get

Quote:

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in