Team The Folding Duffmen (No members needed) - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team The Folding Duffmen (No members needed)

Closed Thread

post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 182 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
It's not that hard, every member has the option of using 1 gpu client or a dual core cpu. If they wan't to use a quad core, they can either run smp on only 2 cores. All remaining cores that you previously had must have their names changed to something else. Either another user name, or the fictitious team name.

Gpu's pretty much guarantee that you hit the 2350 pt cap every day, unless you have a low model. The thing is that they won't be very competitive with the teams who use smp with high clocked dual cores or quads. My quad averages about 13-14 hrs to finish the common 1920pt wu. Meaning that some days I only complete 1 wu, but several days I complete 2 wu's.

Doing the math saying one day you complete 2 wu's and the other day 1 wu. THis is with out accounting for those bothersome larger wu's that take an entire day. I haven't been doing this team thing long enough, only a few days, but as of now I'm averaging out like this. I did how ever, spend one day trying to oc my chip more and didn't fold. I think it would really be more of a 2:1 ratio on days where one can complete 2 wu's.

1920 x 15 days = 28,800
3840 x 15 days = 57,600
Total for month = 86,400

1920 x 10 days = 19,200
3840 x 20 days = 76,800
Total for month = 96,000

GPU folding

2350 x 30 = 70,500
2500 x 30 = 75,000 (with raised cap, beginning next month)
Yea but It just puts a team of gpu folders out of it so all the people asking me to join up have the gpu client or a quad. It wastes cores and puts you out of being competitive. I just didnt realize what I was getting into. Id rather just fold for ocn, as I will never compete with the high clocked duals.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

You have to remember that cpu's don't always kick as much butt as you would think. I am currently in 3rd place overall and am less than 8,000 points ahead. You can't judge greatness vs jademiner he is an exception to the rule, no one can catch him. Its up to you what you do, but as for the rules they are in black and white and have been for almost a year now.

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I
-Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge

post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yea im not complaining thats what you guys wanted. I just dont feel like doing it now as I can see its not going to work. Delete the thread or close it, whatever you do in this section.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduffy123 View Post
Yea im not complaining thats what you guys wanted. I just dont feel like doing it now as I can see its not going to work. Delete the thread or close it, whatever you do in this section.
You should pm gibs or markt

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I
-Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge

post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans81 View Post
You should pm gibs or markt
Ok will do.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in