Overclock.net folding team competition - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net folding team competition

post #21 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
I'd almost be willing to ditch my current team for such a venture.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 497 (Unique: 343)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeric
I'd almost be willing to ditch my current team for such a venture.
Oh, I got my eye on you now T...

Fold For Team 37726!! Get Started Here
Upgrades---> T7200 Core 2 Duo
Guide---> What Core 2 Duo Motherboard is right for me?
Projects---> Waterchiller Build
Rig 2---> P4 640 @ 4GHz, Asus P5P800-SE, 512MB crap, Sunbeam NUUO 550w
My Old Rig --->2.4AE @ 4.15GHz , semi Stable, yes 1.75GHz OC ...
post #23 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowza
Oh, I got my eye on you now T...
Oh come on, he has a cool banner, and people mistake his town for the town I grew up in all the time.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

I updated the first post with an example of how a team with more than 8 CPUs should be broken down for the competition.

post #25 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Guys,

I am interested in forming or joining a team. I have 3 pentium 3.0 GHZ's to work with, one is at work behind a firewall, but i can get around that i just need to know the settings..

one is overclocked to 3.82 stable, socket 775 w/ 2gb ram ddr400 (2x1gb kingston single channel) and will work 90% (it's the PC I use so sometimes I will nede to switch it off, but i work full time & sleep..so)

the other, a 3.61 overclocked 478 w/ 2 GB ram ddr400 (4x512 dual channel)

The third is a stock 3.0 ghz w/ 1gb ram (dont know the config, never opened it up or checked, i assumed 2x512 single channel) ddr400, this is my work pc and i am very tempted to overclock it

anyway pm me if your interested, and you will have 2.95 pentium 3.4~'s, and 5 GB ram at your mercy!!

(ps I have a farm too which i created this week, a p3 733 w/ 384 mb sd ram & amd athlon xp 1000 w/ 512 mb sd ram, but they work in a seperate team)

Any takers?

post #26 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 97 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhireX
Guys,

I am interested in forming or joining a team. I have 3 pentium 3.0 GHZ's to work with, one is at work behind a firewall, but i can get around that i just need to know the settings..

one is overclocked to 3.82 stable, socket 775 w/ 2gb ram ddr400 (2x1gb kingston single channel) and will work 90% (it's the PC I use so sometimes I will nede to switch it off, but i work full time & sleep..so)

the other, a 3.61 overclocked 478 w/ 2 GB ram ddr400 (4x512 dual channel)

The third is a stock 3.0 ghz w/ 1gb ram (dont know the config, never opened it up or checked, i assumed 2x512 single channel) ddr400, this is my work pc and i am very tempted to overclock it

anyway pm me if your interested, and you will have 2.95 pentium 3.4~'s, and 5 GB ram at your mercy!!

(ps I have a farm too which i created this week, a p3 733 w/ 384 mb sd ram & amd athlon xp 1000 w/ 512 mb sd ram, but they work in a seperate team)

Any takers?
You can join our team, Overclock Foldowzers
https://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...-need-one.html

With your 3 CPU's we will have the maximum 8 allowed in the comp.

I have sent you a pm, just send me one back if you are interested. (you may need to pm a mod and ask him to forward it to me.

thanks
manutdfan

post #27 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 6)
ill join just downloaded the programe. does a duel core count as two cpus? i think it should be the actual chip it self. how many pieces did you put on the motherboard. you know. check stats

ERROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrac
Upgrades I Plan to Mooch Off My Dad:
post #28 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Your P-D 840 has two physical cores on one chip, so you installed just one component on the motherboard. In order to harness the full power of that CPU, you need to run two copies of the console version of the program. To do that, download the console into two separate directories. When you run the program for the first time, it will ask you for a machine ID. Make sure the ID is different for each copy of the program. You may also need to set the CPU affinity (Task Manager/Process/Right click on appropriate process/Set affinity), but I'll leave that for one of the other dual core guys to confirm or deny.

This will count as two CPUs for the competition because you are able to process two WUs at the same time. With 2 GB of RAM, even the most intensive WUs shouldn't slow you down at all.

post #29 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 02:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 311 (Unique: 210)
Hey there.

Just to let you know that team ArMaDa is now complete again with the return of tuchan.

cheers

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif...and be happy not mad !

Major changes in the 'Dungeon of Doom' on now
3700+Sandiego KACAE @ 2.85GHz(285x10) 203MHz 2-3-2-5 1Tpost-flame-small.gif3700+Sandiego CCBWE @ 2.42GHz(220x11) 220MHz 2-3-3-6post-flame-small.gif3000+Barton @ inactive for now

post #30 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 376 (Unique: 220)
I could use a team. I have a few cpus folding including my 2200+ xp-m @ 2.3

post-flame-small.gifFold for Overclock.net Go 37726! post-flame-small.gif

Tuner- HP Branded Adaptec AVC-3610 USB w/Dual Tuners | Microsoft MCE Remote

HTPC- Dell Inspiron 700M

P4 560 [email protected] 4.4|P4 [email protected] 4.017|[email protected] 1.4v

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in