Overclock.net folding team competition - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net folding team competition

post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
In order to permit folders who contribute regularly but do not have the resources to compete with the "big boys" and to enjoy the competitive aspects of folding and to have some fun, we are starting a team competition within Overclock.net. The team competition will have the following rules:
  • Each team is required to have exactly 4 members.
  • Each individual must fold under their own folding name and team 37726. We will tally the team scores and post updates on a regular basis.
  • The members of the winning team each month will have bragging rights, and their choice of prizes from Here

** When choosing a team name, please keep in mind that it needs to be done in good taste. If you are not sure if your new team name is acceptable, please ask before posting it.**
What you need to do
  • Each team should have a thread in the folding forum for their team. In the first post of the thread, each team member should be identified by their Overclock.net name and their folding name if it is different. The number of CPU cores contributed by each member should be identified as well.
  • If you have a partial team, create a thread for your team to recruit additional members. If you'd like to be more proactive in your recruitment, you can find members looking for a team here.
  • If you are looking to join a team, post your info here or respond directly to team threads that indicate the teams are looking for members. Include the number of CPU cores you are planning on contributing to the team.
  • One member of your team should be designated as team captain. The captain will receive any necessary PMs related to the competition.
  • Remember to fold for team 37726! Only points for our team will be counted in this competition (and for any other prizes on our site).
Please feel free to PM Blue_Devil or Lemans81, or post in this thread if you have any questions.

Ways to join/start a folding team:
  • Each folding team has a team thread with the number of team members, if any, they're looking for. Check these threads if you want to join a team.
  • Members looking for a team can also post in this thread.
  • Create a new thread in the folding forum, titled "Team <your team name> (3 members needed)". As you find team members, change the thread title to reflect your team's needs. PM me once your team is set up, so I can add you to the list.
Current teams

For a list of current teams, please view the folding teams forum and the team competition scoring thread.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 09:57 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 520 (Unique: 309)
I have 2 folding right now. Come on guys, let's generate some interest!

My CNC Mill Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
Burn + Electricty + Water =
But the man has the patience of a saint...
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
--Randy Pausch
Current Best Benchmark

post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 01:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 10)
I'm up for it.....

MSTRCRZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 01:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Im in, I got 4 CPUs folding right now. So with this new competition I guess I'll just make a new user name under team 37726 and let my 4th CPU fold there.

post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 01:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 173 (Unique: 120)
Im up for it too. one cpu folding

Rivatuner 2.0 RC 16
CoolBits 2.0
Ati Tool
Source : Guru3d

Quote:
If you really hate Sony, Go Buy a PSThWii
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 311 (Unique: 210)
Well I have now reverted back to a 2 rig setup (see pic) and have it all up and running after a 4 day layoff over christmas. I am good for these rigs 24/7 to promote to a team.

cheers..and be happy not mad !

edit: lets's see if we can get an AMD AUSTRALIAN thing going on here tuchan hehehehe even an AMD ATI AUSTRALIAN team 'AAA'...LOL

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif...and be happy not mad !

Major changes in the 'Dungeon of Doom' on now
3700+Sandiego KACAE @ 2.85GHz(285x10) 203MHz 2-3-2-5 1Tpost-flame-small.gif3700+Sandiego CCBWE @ 2.42GHz(220x11) 220MHz 2-3-3-6post-flame-small.gif3000+Barton @ inactive for now

post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 173 (Unique: 136)
Team Work Guys Keep Up The Good Work.

post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 04:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 311 (Unique: 210)
bumpin up we go ^ hi ho hi ho.

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif...and be happy not mad !

Major changes in the 'Dungeon of Doom' on now
3700+Sandiego KACAE @ 2.85GHz(285x10) 203MHz 2-3-2-5 1Tpost-flame-small.gif3700+Sandiego CCBWE @ 2.42GHz(220x11) 220MHz 2-3-3-6post-flame-small.gif3000+Barton @ inactive for now

post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 79 (Unique: 69)
i have 2 computers that are able to fold: my computer (check profile) and a intel 3.2ghz pc i built for my parents.

post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 108 (Unique: 91)
Does HT count as 2 CPUS?

My Signature was getting old. Its changed now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in