New Folding Team - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Folding Team

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

OK we need a crew to start folding, post what youve got and we will hopefully get enough cpu's (max 8 per team and 4 members) and get this worthwhile competition happening soon enough
I will pm you with our little team updates, we will also need a name at some stage so get a thinkin.......

Ive got 2 cpu's available, 3000+ @ close to 3000mhz and another 3000+ @ 2250 24\\7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 57)
I'm on for the ride. I have what you see and I'm sure I can talk to me son about his computer too. His is a 2.8 intel. Not sure how to set all this up

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone136
I'm on for the ride. I have what you see and I'm sure I can talk to me son about his computer too. His is a 2.8 intel. Not sure how to set all this up
perfect, download the software and install it and get folding, I run the console as it seems to be better for me and doesnt interfere with anything im doing, the programs starts when you turn the rig on
and gets folding..easy. http://folding.stanford.edu/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Well, it seems I'm folding right now, but I don't know where it's at on the PC Not sure how to set this up right I guess. What do I do so I can that it's working right?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, it seems I'm folding right now, but I don't know where it's at on the PC Not sure how to set this up right I guess. What do I do so I can that it's working right?
just check ya cpu usage, should be at 100%
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
It looks like you're folding from a temporary directory. To be sure, open up your task manager and go to the processes tab. Sort by CPU usage. The first item should be something like FAHCore_XX.exe. Do a search on your system for that file, and it'll tell you where your files are stored. I suggest making a new directory in a convenient location (desktop or otherwise) and moving all of the folding files into it. Make sure you don't have the application running when you move the files, of course.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

maybe if Taeric+ puts us down with the others that are looking for a team this could work out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchan
maybe if Taeric+ puts us down with the others that are looking for a team this could work out.
If people PMed me with their interest, I would be happy to do so. (there's a list in the original competition thread, linked in my sig)

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Well, it's not at 100% and I can't find the [email protected] program on my PC. I feel like ass right now.It has to be some where. It's not in my program files any where

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Well, it's not at 100% and I can't find the [email protected] program on my PC. I feel like ass right now.It has to be some where. It's not in my program files any where
Read post #6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in