Overclock.net folding team competition starts in one week! Get your teams ready now. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net folding team competition starts in one week! Get your teams ready now.

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
The start of the folding team competition is February 1, one week from today. We currently have four teams registered and several in the works. No folder is too small for this competition; we encourage everyone who is able to participate.

All team captains must submit the number of CPUs each team member will contribute to the team prior to the start of the competition. We will verify this on a regular basis through Stanford's folding site. Remember that dual core and HT CPUs that run two instances of folding count as two CPUs. If any team members have "extra" CPUs, please do not discontinue folding on those computers. Instead, change the folding user name on those computers to match your team's name, e.g. Team_MHz_Masters or Team_Armada (sorry, guys, the bold won't carry over to Stanford's site ). By February 7, the active number of CPUs reported in the last 7 days on Stanford's folding site should match the number of CPUs assigned to each team member.

For those teams that are currently in the works, please finalize your team. For anyone else who is interested, check out the various team threads as several teams are looking for members. Also, see the competition thread; there is a list of members who are looking for teams.

Good luck to all of the teams! Support Overclock.net's folding effort and the overall research effort.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
I've posted this on the other thread, but I am really looking for a team (And time is running out)

I wish to donate preferably 2 PC's but I can donate 3, they are all p4 3.0's, 2x478 & 1x775, they are @ 3.82, 3.61 & 3.0 (work pc, not overclocked..YET) all w/ 2gb RAM

I can donate work pc IF NEED BE but it may only work 90% during the day..please PM me to join a team, or if you want to join mine .. i dont know if that will be enough power to win but I think the key to this wil be consistency and not necessarily power..

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:53 AM

I have had to pull out due to a moving of house and the net not being connected for anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks!!! BUT it will be ADSL 2 + at 24000 down and 1000 up so its worth the wait, I will still be folding as much as I can with what units I get before hand but what can you do. My folding has come to an almost stand-still lately due to the moving but will be back in force soon, I wish all teams good luck and remember this is all for a very good cause and hopefully will promote the whole idea of the folding concept and encourage more people do the "right" thing and do their bit. GOOD LUCK AND GO TEAM OVERCLOCK.NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in