Looking for some help - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for some help

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just wondering who could take over doing the scores for the team comp.

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I
-Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 111 (Unique: 82)
Sent you a PM, reread my PM and I think I confused myself. Anyways, just was an offer to lend a hand.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 60)
as I told lemans in a pm I agree with him that this task should be given to some one who can do it on a daily basis. When I was first given this task i was able to, but then things got out of control with my time. And I am sorry to the teams for that. I think a lot of what drew my time to other things besides school obviously was the fact that my folding rig went down. I am sure aqualoon would do great.

drunken.gifWe Are Gr33n Machinedrunken.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

This is pretty basic right? For example Team X has four members, just add up the four member's scores for a time frame (we'll say a week in this example) and that's the team score for the week and then just do that for every team. And just update the total scores?

If that's it then wouldn't just creating a work book in excel that auto updates when entering in daily numbers be the best way to go? Granted, would take a little leg work getting it setup but after that it would be easy.

If that's all there is to it and there isn't someone who is taking this over yet let me know and I'll start to create the work book so it's ready to go for April.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 740 (Unique: 540)
That's the with everything being ideal. You have to account for a gpu cap for those who fold with a gpu. Then there is always a team that has a substitute or some other strange thing. You would need to account for any changes mid competition.

I use excel to total up the scores for me in the gpu competetion, but Hometoast wrote a script that does all the work for me.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
That's the with everything being ideal. You have to account for a gpu cap for those who fold with a gpu. Then there is always a team that has a substitute or some other strange thing. You would need to account for any changes mid competition.

I use excel to total up the scores for me in the gpu competetion, but Hometoast wrote a script that does all the work for me.
That's why I was thinking to make it so you would have to put in the daily values, that way you could adjust for caps or any other odd happenings?

But once the daily values were inputted it would then adjust weekly and monthly automatically.

Please let me know if this sounds right - I don't want to volunteer for a job not fully understanding it and then messing things up

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Ok Whoever wants to step up to finish last month and pick up this month, I would really appreciate it.

By the color of his skin

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 111 (Unique: 96)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualoon View Post
That's why I was thinking to make it so you would have to put in the daily values, that way you could adjust for caps or any other odd happenings?

But once the daily values were inputted it would then adjust weekly and monthly automatically.

Please let me know if this sounds right - I don't want to volunteer for a job not fully understanding it and then messing things up
Yea I was thinking of volunteering but it sounds really complicated when you get down to it, how lemans did it for so long, I have no idea.

Team Explosm!
Rest in Peace, Syrillian, you will be missed by us all.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It takes math skills, thats really all you need. You look to see who is uncapped and you add their points up verbatim, then you take whoever is capped and give them up to 3K per day and add that up....poof. It used to take me about 20 minutes to do.

By the color of his skin

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Are there only two caps? GPU cap of 3k PPD and Quad Core cap of 2750 PPD?

If so, how do you know what some people are folding on to determine their correct cap?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in