Team Zang! (Team disbanded) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team Zang! (Team disbanded)

Closed Thread

post #11 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Ok, you guys are officially in. Please feel free to use this thread to discuss things within your team.

Noxious and Zizzy - Please be sure to post in the check in thread once you complete your first WU so your postbit can be updated.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 135 (Unique: 110)
Ok Taeric...

Bad news guy... just tryed running 2 consoles to utilise my HyperThreading... And basically the console got pissed, deleted my WU, then gave me the finger.
Maybe i should have gave it some cookies?

I've gone back to using the graphical client as it haasnt given me any problems. justm got start a whole new WU now :'(

PS. its 2500 frames long and its been running 15+ minutes and not completed a single frame. Im screwed, this WU will be going on till next year... Its not even finished 1 frame yet.

Althought in the [email protected] window it estimates it will take 21 minutes.... EDIT: THATS FOR THE FRAME!!!!! ITS 52 DAYS FOR THIS WU!

How do i get a different WU? It's gonna take me too long to finish this, it will hold back research. And i want to finish a dam WU!

EDIT:
As soon as i get a bit of money coming in, i will be FULLY upgrading my PC. This will effectively leave me with a full set or parts to build a second PC. This will then be folding as often as possible. Although it will probably take me a month or two before i am able to do this.

My 50th EDIT...

IT shows about 30 Mins per frame, but if i close down [email protected] and open it up again, its done an extra 3+ frames. Well surely going by its estimate that should have taken 1.5hours, not 20 minutes!

If i leave it to itself it doesnt update to show its done any frames, only when i force it to by reloading it. help

EVGA Affiliate Code OH4YLO5J2P
post #13 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Retired Staff

Give the WU a half hour or so, and the time estimate will be much more realistic. A 650 will chew through the WUs. You're better off not running two instances on a HT CPU (see the FAQ in my sig for more details). By no means should you try to cancel a WU. Even though you want to get through things, the whole reason we're doing this is to help the research. I have a real junker of a WU on my 630 (averaging like 60 points/day instead of the 150-200 it should be), but it's one of those things you just grin and bear. WUs and points add up quickly.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

I've put this in another post to make it look cleaner considering all the edits on my last post.

It seems [email protected] have finally got its ass in gear. Its now showing 48s/frame and 1 day to complete the WU. Me happy now

You were right oh almighty master of folderingness

What happens to the work unit i was doing before? The one that messed up and my PC deleted? Will it be given to someone else? It seems stupid that it could just disappear and never get processed. It could be the one WU that cures caner!

post #15 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Retired Staff

The software always starts off assuming 30 min/frame, so it's not uncommon to see an estimate of years (or decades) on large WUs until it gets a couple of percent complete.

post #16 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Decades? LMAO, whoever got that must have had a nasty fright!

It's all going smoothly now. Should be done by the weekend. Yay!

EDIT: decided to get the old celly folding. Its got a clock speed of 800Mhz with a FSB of 100Mhz, LMAO. It has 127Mb RAM, and uses 120Mb just running Windows ME and Norton Internet security. Lets see if it can finish a frame within an hour ^^

post #17 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Retired Staff

An 800 MHz Celly will be competent but fairly slow. I have a P3 550 MHz and a Celly 1 GHz, and they both produce some points. My P2 based Celly 466 was a total waste, though.

post #18 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Lol, let it run for about an hour, didnt complete any frames. The damn thing barely runs so i dont know what i was expecting. It does what my mum and dad need it for though. Playing cards, and using MS Word.

Had it opened up a couple of weeks ago... NEVER TRUST PC WORLD. Its a Packard bell, and the damn thing has a NB HS stuck on to the CPU, with a 40mm fan screwed onto the HS by forcing the screws inbetween the fins. Its such a bodged PC, it should never have been created. I want my parents to buy this PC from me so i can build a better one. And also so i can ride my bike over the celly ^^

post #19 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 AM

How do you get these under your name???
Must you first complete a WU before this will show or what???

Folding Team Rank :
Folding Team Name :
post #20 of 637 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 01:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

You have to finish a WU, then post in a specific folding forum thread.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in