Attention: Folding team competition participants - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Attention: Folding team competition participants

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
With all of the recent changes and additions to our folding teams, I want to double check that I have all of the teams listed properly. If you are participating in the team competition, please check the pdf attached to this thread and verify that your team has the correct members listed. I've listed the teams below, and the teams that are verified are marked. If your team is not yet marked, please post here or PM me if the members on your team are good or if changed need to be made. Thanks for helping me keep everything straight and for participating in this competition and in the larger cause.

Team ArMaDa (verified)
Team Average Joes (verified)
Team CPU Burners (verified)
Team Folders Inc. (change made)
Team Just Be Cause
Team MHz Masters (verified)
Team Mixers (verified)
Team The 939's
Team Overclock Foldowzers (change made)
Team owners (looking for 2 members)
Team Part Timers (verified)
Team Performance Preslers (verified)
Team PFFT
Team Slow-'n-Low (verified)
Team TOFTOF (verified)
Team X-Treme (verified)
Team Zang! (looking for new member)

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 29)
i have been reading up on all this folding and i have been wanting to know how to join a team can you inform me?

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 281 (Unique: 233)
Hmmm, Hellgy hasn't done any WUs this month. I wonder if he's still folding. He hasn't been responding to the PMs 455Buick and I have sent him. Has anybody seen him recently?

I'm a graduate student, and I develop HPC codes in Fortran and Matlab to make the world better.
My user name too long or weird for you? Feel free to call me LBN. FYI, it's French for "the black box."
Official OCN Camera Thread | Flickr | Camera Stuff: Nikon D7000,Tokina 12-24 f/4 AT-X Pro, Sigma 30 f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR
Film Gear: Pentacon Praktica LLC, Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 50 f/1.8 | Nikon N2020, Nikkor 50 f/1.4 AI-S
There's really nothing remarkable about it. All you do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself. - J.S. Bach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 531 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve!!
i have been reading up on all this folding and i have been wanting to know how to join a team can you inform me?
You can fold for our team (37726) simply by downloading the software and using the team number. To participate in our site's team competition, the best way to join a team is to browse the folding forum, looking for teams that have openings. Each team maintains a thread, and each thread's title includes (X members needed). Many teams are full, but at least one currently needs members right now.

You can also create a new team and recruit members. Just post a new thread, similar to the other team threads. Title it "Team <your team name> (3 members needed)" and then count down the team members until your team is full. Currently about one third of our site's active folders participate in the team competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboitenoire
Hmmm, Hellgy hasn't done any WUs this month. I wonder if he's still folding. He hasn't been responding to the PMs 455Buick and I have sent him. Has anybody seen him recently?
His last log on time was yesterday.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 67)
team Slow-'n-low has the correct members listed.

OCN BF2 server 8.9.11.189:16567

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 48)
yup yup yup all is well with team mixers. all names are correct.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 48)
bump for the cause, people please sign in too confirm all teams are right
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 214 (Unique: 148)
Team Performance Preslers is correct. we can't catch a break though, first 2 months we got disqualified from too many CPUs (honest mistake on advance options on console sending results to wrong name) and this month we start out with my system severly handicapped.

Tried to get some better cooling until I get the water done, moved system to a new case that SHOULD have cooled better, and now I can't run both cores at even stock speeds because it's too hot. So I am down to 1 core at 100%, 1 core at 40% useage and stuck at 2.8Ghz.

I'll be fixing it this weekend, but it's gonna hurt our results.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 311 (Unique: 210)
Hey there Taeric.

Team ArMaDa is all present and accounted for. We have however had some major issues with new rigs comming online (stability/corruption issues and reformats).

Bys0n having to downsize his effort for a couple of months due to a residence change.
xie67 having to reformat the new rig again...grrr
tuchan is changing another one of his rigs also this week....drunk online ordering components..
dazed_and_confused is the only one whom has been running sweet with his 2 active CPU's for the month

The long and short of it all is that all 4 members have 2 active CPU's running.

Thanx

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif...and be happy not mad !

Major changes in the 'Dungeon of Doom' on now
3700+Sandiego KACAE @ 2.85GHz(285x10) 203MHz 2-3-2-5 1Tpost-flame-small.gif3700+Sandiego CCBWE @ 2.42GHz(220x11) 220MHz 2-3-3-6post-flame-small.gif3000+Barton @ inactive for now

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 600 (Unique: 430)
Bump, get verified teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
catmmm: my rack would love to play with your rack...
lhowatt: does it fit well on your desk?
catmmm: lhowatt: yeah it fits
catmmm: lhowatt: I kinda have a big desk though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in