Asus: 30 Years Together, Giveaway April 29 - June 10 2019 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus: 30 Years Together, Giveaway April 29 - June 10 2019

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Asus: 30 Years Together, Giveaway April 29 - June 10 2019

Hey all,

Time sure does fly! To think that we have now had Asus with us for 30 years. I think a good many of us here have owned an Asus product at one time or another. I personally have owned a few of their motherboards and routers over the years. Asus have decided to celebrate their 30th milestone with a giveaway, see below on how you can get in on the celebrations.

Quote:
ASUS today announced 30 Years Together, a global campaign to celebrate the company's 30th anniversary with fans worldwide. Over the past three decades, user feedback has inspired ASUS to develop products that raise the bar for innovation and performance. During this anniversary celebration, ASUS is taking the opportunity to express a heartfelt “thank you” to loyal fans for their continued support and is also asking users to share some of their product experiences.

The campaign encourages fans to share a product story and/or to take a fun PC DIY quiz for a chance to win one of many exciting prizes. ASUS will be awarding prizes to 30 winners, including a modded, high-end rig, limited-edition motherboards with Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE processors, ROG Maximus XI Formula motherboards with Intel Core i9-9900K processors, ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC Edition graphics cards, an ROG Swift PG27UQ monitor and more. The campaign runs from April 29–June 10, 2019. Enter now for a chance to win!
Source

You can get a chance at those prizes by clicking HERE

OCN'ers, be sure to get in that prize draw

Share your stories with OCN

In the spirit of this event, I think it would be good time to share some stories and images revolving around your favorite Asus products ! It would be fantastic if we could get participants or passers by to share :

1. What was/is your favorite Asus product you have owned and why ?
2. Build images, do you have builds featuring your favored Asus hardware ? If so then please share with all as we would love to see them. If not build images, we also love to see some of those pro shots of Asus hardware, I know you guys are out there

Good luck to all the entrants.
E

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Last edited by ENTERPRISE; 05-06-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Indentified! On the Way!!

Rep: 153 (Unique: 114)
Been an Asus user for years. All of my motherboards, routers, my first android tablet and several cell phones have all been Asus. If I'm honest, I'm a bit of an Asus loyalist.

One of the main reasons was when I bought an Asus motherboard in 2000 that constantly blue screened on me. This was the infamous Intel MTH failure/recall. I contacted Asus for a replacement on a Friday. Monday morning, the board replacement was delivered. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't even sent that bad board back yet.

A few years later on another board, with an Athlon Thunderbird , I think, suffered from severe whine. It was high pitched and annoying, even at idle. As you loaded it up, it got louder and more high pitched. It was like nails on a chalkboard. Same thing as my first experience. Reported it and two days later, had a replacement board delivered, again without even shipping out the bad board. I've been an Asus loyalist ever since.

Typically, when I build, I never have any trouble with their products, but when I do, they've always taken care of me and quickly.

Happy Anniversary Asus! Now give me a prize!!!!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160110_182804[1].jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	268128Pics.

Sorry asus, the evga card was dirt cheap, but the old gtx asus one went threw a few cartons of cigarettes and beer and had to go after a decade or so of faithfull abuse.

Had to let it go as I got got drunk one night and fried the hdmi on the gtx, and the vga on the gt 710.

But hey, the MOBO still help up.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190504_155212[1].jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	268130  

Name:	20160110_033252[1].jpg
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	268132  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

My GF has baptized my current setup as the "frankenstein"

I just leave it lying around all the time like this. don't even bother to clean it or f with it. The asus mobo has been going strong for 10+++ yrs. Always on, always boots no matter what stupid stuff I put into my man child brain.

Asus rocks in everything I ever bought. Never had to send any single product back cuz of manufacture defect. And trust me, I abuse my stuff. Just look at the 600w thermal psu in the above pic. I smoke close to a pack a day, a six pack of beer and I am a automotive technician to boot. So you know my fingers are not small and flaky, so the asus components bear well with a guy like me.

My gf\s current setup is there just because of the fact I think asus MOBO's are tuff like the tuff book I use at work. I threw in the old asus gtz 660 with the blown hdmi port. It work on her new asus socket 1150 mobo. I have been using asus products for more than a decade now, not much surpasses them. Some may always have an opinion, but that is much like arseholes, every one has one.

I just think asus really puts forward a philosophy much like toyota. They build their stuff to last. Period.

If asus made tuff book's I would like to win one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190504_155212[1].jpg
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	268136  

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:58 AM
BOINC Cruncher

Rep: 98 (Unique: 66)
The first system I ever built, a Pentium III system back in 1999, was with an Asus board. It was in the "Recommended" build in Computer Gaming World Magazine, that's why I choose the board and I've been using mostly Asus ever since...though I do have an Asrock MB in my desktop right now, Asrock did originate from Asus.

Team Boinc! - Forum Folding War Team
Gentoo Linux - Telemetry Free Since 1999!
Washington Capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions
Boinc Desktop
(15 items)
CrunchAholic
(10 items)
NAS
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVOPlus
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO AM4 CPU Block
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream XE 240 Radiator
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream PE 360 Radiator
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller 150mm Tube Res
Case
Thermaltake View 31 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
Motherboard
Asrock Rack EP2C602
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
RAM
64 GBs Samsung M939B1K70CHD-CH9 PC3-10600R
Hard Drive
Samsung HD322HJ
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
CPU
i3-4130T
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI
RAM
CORSAIR CMX16GX3M2A1600C11
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 10 TB x3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 8 TB
Case
Fractal Design Node 804
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
▲ hide details ▲

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 322 (Unique: 259)
My most fun Asus board was the p4p800. I had a p4 2.4 Prescott core on it over clocked to 4.05ghz stable all day long. Had to solder a pot. to the motherboard to manually tune for the vdroop to get it stable.

Living Under Bridge

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 77 (Unique: 64)
I had an Asus K53TA Laptop that was as dependable and rock solid as they come. It was even overclockable and ran quite happily being boosted from 1.4GHz to 2.9GHz while undervolted to top it off.

This is where I learned how to mod a BIOS, and where I discovered I could use my knowledge to have a large impact on how well it performed.

I purchased my trusty companion in 2011 and after countless 14 hour days spent studying with it, I sold the laptop in 2017. As far as electronics go this was a hall of famer if there ever was one.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Meep

Rep: 299 (Unique: 220)
My first high-end motherboard was a Maximus VI GENE, which was also used in my first watercooled build, had some great fun with it!

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:41 PM
The last VRM burner

Rep: 24 (Unique: 13)
I've had Asus P5Q Pro running E8400 then Q8400, Core 2 Duo CPU was the first one I actually licked overclocking topic with. I was really satisfied with the motherboard, and tampering with all these vcores, NB voltage, PLL voltage and other voltages was really fun. All this FSB Wall finding, checking which voltage does what for stability, which one can be raised to lower core voltage, adjusting memory speed... The nostalgy is real . C2D made 4.13GHz with 1.28V, Core 2 Quad made 3.65GHz with 1.3V I think, can't remember now. The first one was getting thermal limited, the latter was my brothers and he forbid me from doing any overlock at all . Bought 10 years ago, runs till today and doesn't want to retire, would like to play with it some more but it's 420km away from me. There was also some other P5QL/EPU but can't remember anything about that, besides that it was paired with C2D E4600 for more than five years already.

I also owned three ASUS' GPUs - 9800 GTX+, which was replaced by GTX260 and GTX 460 1GB TOP version. The oldest died after two or three years of using, then I've tried killing the 2nd one with overclocking but it just didn't give up. I remember it heating up to 82C in Racedriver Grid and that was the only game that pushed the card to the limit ^^. Nothing else was able to heat it up even to 70C and there were some more demanding games too. GTX460 was serving well for five years, I remember it being able to hit 920MHz on core but that was a time I was scared of overclocking the GPU at all and didn't really want to kill this one, so I just kept it at 850MHz without much voltage difference. Good old SmartDoctor times . Completely satisfied with each one of them - strong for games I played, quiet and little power hungry.

The most recent addition to Asus family was Maximus VII Hero, at first paired with 4690k. I was really touched by its soundcard but it also had issues I struggled to fix, the sound was distorted on a lot of tracks. After a few days I managed by trial and errors to find a culprit. Preamplifier had to be toned down a bit, after that fix sound was clear and nice. Of course, I didn't have my current audio device back then . I found the UEFI, lots of configuration options, fan control and voltage readings amusing, it was the first board I actually learnt proper CPU overclocking, tinkered with advanced power settings, disabled unused features, MAKE BACKUPS. Absolutely amazing board. Then 4690k was exchanged for 5775c and issues surfaced. There were TONS of compatibility issues with this pair, the only way to maintain stability and full performance was to untouch anything other than CPU clocks, XMP profiles and voltages. Touching anything else produced problems. It was sent for an RMA, it was replaced but the replacement had identical issues. They were also briefly swapped for Z97 Gaming Plus for the duration of RMA. It was solid too and didn't fall too far from M7H (for my needs) but it also had damaged socket, which resulted in insane temperature reading issue, where one and only one core temperature could skyrocket from 60C to over 95C without any reason for some seconds then it came back to previous reading... or it could not because it also triggered overheating protection twice so PC shut down.

So far that's my story with ASUS products. Updated with photos! P5QL/EPU got retired this winter after getting finally swapped with P5Q Pro. It's still working and kicking though!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00725.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	5.44 MB
ID:	268516  

Name:	DSC00724.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	268518  

PC for all
(18 items)
CPU
i7 5775c @4.2GHz/3.8GHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5
GPU
Soon to be 2070 Super FE
RAM
KHX24C11T3K2/16X 11-12-12-32-1T-250
Hard Drive
Corsair MP510
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 860
Power Supply
SeaSonic Focus Plus 750W
Cooling
Raijintek Tisis lapped+ Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Case
LianLi 330X
Operating System
Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Monitor
Benq GL2250 80Hz
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe Red Silent
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 310
Mousepad
Artisan FX Raiden
Audio
Audio in Motion SC808 + MUSES8820 + 2x 2xLME49990
Audio
AKG M220
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
Mayflash F300 Arcade Stick
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by BroadPwns; 05-06-2019 at 12:44 PM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

wow, if santa exits,, most recent addition to Asus family was Maximus VII Hero, at first paired with 4690k.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in