Thanks to Benjiw for the logo.
The purpose behind me creating this club is to share info and tips for those wishing to run such high clocks 24/7.... and to brag a bit lol
Since this isn't just a "fun run" OC club I have to ask for a bit more than just a 5ghz validation link to prove that your OC is in fact useable, however stability isn't going to be the main focus of the rules mostly due to how hard it can be to get 5ghz fully stable for some and there are many who use 5+ghz daily and have never tested it. That being said, here are the rules:
1. Must be running 5ghz or higher for base clock on all cores, not boost on single core (all core boost is ok as long as it maintains through the test).
2. Must provided proof of viability of overclock
To prove your OC can be ran 24/7 stable is technically impossible since any OC'd or even stock system can lose stability at any time for a variety of reasons ranging from bad software to failing hardware. Therefore, I have had to make a determination of what can give a reasonable amount of proof without requiring a ridiculous amount of time. This is what I've decided on:
Download OCCT if you haven't already: http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download
Install and run with the following options:
-Select CPU linpack tabe
-Select Automatic button and set time to 10 mins
-Set Memory to 50%
-Check 64 bit and AVX capable options
Now run the stress test.... after it runs it will open a fold with a bunch of graphs in it. Open the cpu usage graph
Now take a screen shot showing the OCCT software, the cpu usage graph, and some other temp monitoring software showing the package temp of the cpu (open hardware, core temp, hwinfo, etc)**
**Please include your OCN username somewhere in the screenshot to keep others from using your screenshot later to fake entry**
It should look like mine here with the exception that I haven't included my OCN username
For entry to be valid, core temps must be within safe limits for your particular cpu for the entire time and the results must not show any errors.
**For those using speed stepping AKA power saving features please include the graph that shows your clock speeds stayed at or above 5ghz during the test,
For those interested below is the old entry method:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)INTEL users: This is only for Intel users, no AMD user may use this method at this time and all Intel users who enter by this method will be put on a separate list. All Rules apply accept that you may use OCCT linepack for 10 mins as your test. I still want a screenshot showing all cores at 100% during test with core temperature clearly visible and a post shot showing that core temps never went over max on any monitoring software of your choice. Included in screenshots must be proof of passing.
1. Must use 5.0ghz or above 24/7 On All cores.... that's it...
As a "means of proof" I ask for a bit more than just showing a cpuz image and validation link. Please read carefully the requirements below:
A. You must show two
screenshots, one of IBT AVX running
at standard and one showing the success window
after running 10 runs on standard. It should be noted that negative results are unstable, and therefore even if a success window is obtained, they will not be accepted... it should be 3.xxx if its stable.
Link to IBT AVX
B. In those screenshots you must also have in an open cpuz window and some form of core temp monitoring software
showing temps to be in your cpu's acceptable range during the test.
C. The screenshots must also show some monitoring software showing your cpu usage at 100% during the test and a max usuage of 100% in the screenshot after the test.
Please make sure this is clearly visable
D. The cpu speed doesn't have stay at 5ghz after the stress, just during the test all cores must be at 5ghz.... this means you can still use power saving states...
If at all possible please follow the layout in the examples below.
exception: if your hardware monitoring program shows that the clock never dropped below 5 ghz and 100% I'll take just one screenshot after the run... but it must show min clocks and max clocks Due to a possible work around a friend pointed out, I'm removing this exception to prevent fraudulent entries... sorry.
examples, and my qualifications (update
)..... gflops stink on mine lol because I was running the test while writing this among other things...
here is one proving my stability though... just because I can... not that this is absolute proof, but it does show better than 10 runs of standard does.
1. Pyounpy-2 5.4GHZ!!! 1.39 vcore max Intel Core I7-7740X ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex <-- delided cpu!
2. Dragonsyph 5.3ghz 1.36vcore Intel Core I7- 8700k ASROCK Z370 Taichi
3. scracy 5.205 GHZ 1.405vcore Intel Core I7-7700K ASUS Maximus VIII Formula
4. broodro0ster 5.2 ghz 1.46 vcore Intel core I7-8700K Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
5. Kuresu 5.149ghz 1.296vcore Intel Core I7-8700k ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex
6. MaKeN 5.110 GHZ 1.344 vcore Intel Core I7-7700 MSI Z270 Gaming M7 (MS-7A57)
7. gammagoat 5.104ghz 1.52 Intel Core I7-8700K Asus Rog Maximus Hero X
8. KnightLion 5.012 1.421 vcore Intel Core I7- 7700K MSI Z270 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM MS-7A58
9. Yetyhunter 5.009 1.34vcore Intel Core I7- 8700k Asus Rog Strix Z370-E gaming
10. SMK 5.005 GHZ 1.35vcore Intel Core I7- 7700K Gigabyte Z270X gaming K5
11. Pyounpy-2 5.005GHZ 1.35 vcore max Intel Core I9 7900X ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex <--delided
12. cjm 5.002 GHZ 1.37 vcore Intel Core I7-7700K ASUS Maximus IX Formula
13. cdnGhost 5.000GHZ 1.3 vcore Intel i5-7600k MSI Z270 Krait Gaming
14. LittleMeezers 5.000Ghz 1.4 vcore max Intel I7-4790K Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-CF
15. l Nuke l 5.000 Ghz 1.318 vcore Intel I7 8700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX
16. infinitypoint 5.000 Ghz 1.335 vcore Intel I7 8086k Asrock
Gaming K6 board delided with custom IHS
Old Grandfathered in Member List:
1. DeScheep 5.418 ghz 1.572 vcore AMD 8370E ASUS CHV-Z <=== Phase Change cooling!
2. AsusJunkie 5.359 1.788 vcore Intel I5 6600K Gigabyte Gaming 7 <== I wouldn't put that voltage on AMD!
3. mus1mus 5.310ghz 1.620 vcore AMD FX 8370E Sabertooth 990FX R2
4. inedenimadam 5.227ghz 1.424 vcore Intel I5 3570K ASUS P8Z77-V.
5. minotaurtoo 5.217 ghz 1.548 vcore AMD FX9590 Sabertooth 990FX R2
6. PolRoger 5.217ghz 1.500 vcore (load) AMD FX8370 ASUS CHV-Z
7. The Sandman 5.217ghz 1.524 vcore (load) AMD FX9590 ASUS CHV-Z
8. scracy 5.201ghz 1.38 vcore Intel 7700k Asus Maximus VIII Formula
9. PolRoger 5.126ghz 1.472 vcore Intel 2500K Asus Maximus V
10. cssorkinman 5.117ghz 1.524 (load) vcore AMD FX8370E ASUS CHV-Z
11. 033Y5 5.116 ghz 1.500 vcore AMD FX 8350 CHV- Z
12. mirzet1976 5.109 ghz 1.548 vcore AMD FX 8320 Sabertooth 990FX R2 *stated 1.584vcore max
13. fat4l 5.100 1.348vcore Intel I7 4790K ASUS Maximus VII Hero
14. scracy 5.087ghz 1.440 vcore Intel 4790K Gigabyte Z87X UD4H-CF
15. Avidean 5.049ghz 1.551 vcore Intel I7 4770K Sabertooth Z87
16. cssorkinman 5.042ghz 1.596 (load) vcore AMD FX9370 CHV-Z
17. ku4jb 5.037ghz 1.500vcore AMD FX6300 M5A99FX
18. miklkit 5.037ghz 1.512vcore AMD FX8370 Sabertooth 990FX R2 <---- on AIR COOLING
19. NonXistant 5.031 1.596 vcore AMD FX 8370 Saberthooth 990FX R3
20. Chris635 5.028ghz 1.608 vcore AMD FX8350 ASUS CHV-Z
21. cssorkinman 5.024 ghz 1.63 vcore AMD 8370e MSI 990 GAMING
22. alex4069 5.022ghz 1.572 vcore AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FX UD5
23. Tasm 5.022 ghz 1.488 vcore AMD FX 8350 UD7... and H110 cooling<-- thought this was interesting.
24. cssorkinman 5.022ghz 1.608 vcore (load) AMD FX 9370 Gigabyte UD5
25. Kalistoval 5.017ghz 1.56vcore (load) AMD FX 8370 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
26. ShrimpBrime 5.017ghz 1.524 vcore AMD FX 8370E Asus Crosshair Formula-Z
27. agung79 5.016ghz 1.548 vcore AMD FX9370 ASUS CHV-Z
28. rickcooperjr 5.016ghz 1.536 vcore AMD FX9590 Sabertooth 990FX R2
29. JourneymanMike 5.016ghz 1.57 vcore AMD FX8350 ASUS CHV-Z
30. RWS JEREMY 5.011ghz 1.524 load AMD FX8350 Sabertooth 990FX R2
31. gordesky1 5.009 1.572 load AMD FX8370E Sabertooth 990FX R2
32. Iwamotto Tetsuz 5.008 1.456vcore load AMD FX 9370 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
33. GTRtank 5.006 1.392 vcore Intel I7 3770K Asus P8Z77-V, Air cooled! Noctua NH-D15 (delidded w/CLU)
34. white owl 5.004 1.441 Intel 4690K Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
35. hcn 5.004ghz 1.472vcore Intel I7 3930K Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
36. JourneymanMike 1.464 vcore Intel I7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Formula Z97
37. Benjiw 5.003 1.548 vcore AMD FX8350 Sabertooth 990FX R2
38. Alastair 5.003 1.476 vcore AMD FX8370 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
39. DirektEffekt 1.39 vcore Intel 4790K ASUS Maximus VII Gene
40. Bal3Wolf 5.000 1.536 vcore Intel 2600K ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
41. ASO7 5.000 1.488 vcore Intel I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Deluxe
42. supermi 5.000 1.448 vcore Intel I7 4930K Asus Rampage Extreme IV
43. Orthello 5.000 1.48 vcore Intel I7 4820K Asus RIVE.
44. bakemono 5.000 ghz 1.328 vcore load Intel I7 7700K ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme
Useful Info on temps for AMD FX:
club banner: | 5ghz 24/7 club|
(hit quote and copy this to use in sig)