Gigabyte ex 58 UD5 died :-( moving to Dell precision T7500 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte ex 58 UD5 died :-( moving to Dell precision T7500

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Gigabyte ex 58 UD5 died :-( moving to Dell precision T7500

After 10 years my Gigabyte ex 58 mobo died. What a great chip set. I went from a i7 920 with a ATI 4650 to a ATI HD 7770. Then Finally a 1080 ti with XEON 5560 @ 3.75. 9 hard drives and 48 gigs of ram. I was getting excellent performance on games running @ 60 + on ark, dark souls III @1440 p some games run at 4k @ 60. Recently it has been powering off after about 20-30 min of use. It will shut off immediately when launching a game. Temperatures seem fine was running a noctua cooler.

I aquired a dell Dell Precision T7500 with a XEON 5577 chip 24 gigs of ram. I moved the PSU and graphics card into this machine it seems to be working great. The question is what should i do? I am thinking of moving the processor and heatsink over. I just don't know if the dell mobo is standard for mounting. I think the XEON 5560 and 5577 would be about the same performance at stock. Should I get a riser board and add another CPU to the machine or build a new one. I really miss the overclocking of the Ud5. Had anyone successfully OC the Dell precision T7500?

I am not totally convinced the new CPUs are that much better. Just newer tech like M.2 faster sata etc. Tripple channel ram on x58 is pretty awesome. What is everyone's thoughts? I would love to overclock a dual CPU somehow. Is it worth getting another old x58 board for $200 with ageing components?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 63)
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t....235975/page-3

Grab a W3680 for ~$50 on ebay (search for SLBV2 and you should see one for $49.50) and use throttle stop. That is what people had been doing with the T3500, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. Click the TPU link above and CTRL+F for "3680" for a bit more info.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Awesome I will check that out. I am temped to also get https://www.ebay.com/p/Dell-Precisio...6f/26003899686. For two cpu. I have kinston 6x 4GB sticks from the dell and 6x 8GB Gskill sticks. Is it ok to mix and match? I think I would be more difficult to get 2 cpus overclocked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in