Overclock.net banner

Best shipping on AliExpress?

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Avacado 
#1 ·
I do not know where this post should be placed, so if this isn't it please move it to the correct spot. My question is for all those members who've shopped successfully on AliExpress.com, how was your shipping cost? Is it better to buy everything from one "store" or to just look for the lowest shipping? I have over $200 in a cart all with 1 store and the shipping is over $60 and coming at different times. Anyone with experience/knowledge with this site please help. Thx

#2 ·
Hi,
Best policy is to not use aliexpress at all.

And why would you need too
There are too many items in the U.S. for messing with it.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I've never used anything but the free shipping option. Typically gets to me in 3 weeks or so. Never had an issue with anything I've ordered, though.

#5 ·
I'm not sure where you're ordering from, but AliExpress offers a standard shipping rate if I order things above $60 regardless of what store I order it from.

As far as product themselves go, I've ordered a few hundred $ worth which have been pretty consistent with whatbis discribed, but like third party sellers on Amazon, you need to read reviews. If you receive a bad product though, the claims are pretty fast as well.

#6 ·
Hi,
Bad example of an item
Rotary fittings aren't something one should skimp on they are already bound to leak anyway newegg gouges on most items
Shipping as said 3+ weeks keep that in mind rma won't be any faster matter of fact twice as long both ways or pay extremely more as you say 60.us for shipping is silly.

I buy fittings at a local micro center who cares how much they are if there is a defect I take it back.

#7 ·
Shipping from 1 seller will be combined just like any other selling platform. If you buy from multiple sellers then of course you pay each seller shipping for the bunch of items you're buying from them. It's the same as eBay or Amazon. The problem is almost nothing is on Amazon beside popular western products and scammers/resellers etc. On eBay you get plenty of Asia made products but not everything. On Aliexpress you get a lot of items you won't find for sell elsewhere, at least not on English speaking sites. After that you're either on Alibaba direct to supplier or one of many Chinese encrypted websites. If you can't find it even there then you gotta go to China for it XD

Shipping offered varies per seller. For cheap items, free/cheap snail post is what I use, for expensive items a DHL may even be necessary with no cheap shipping available.

Many things can be found direct from Asia at reasonable prices while you would have to pay arm and leg for it locally, or you can't find it locally at all is far more common anyway. The whole manufacturing supply chain has moved to Asia thanks to stupid politicians.

#8 ·
For me if its not free shipping then why use ali-express. Sure it takes 5 weeks to get to where I live but if I wanted something quick id get it locally or off ebay and pay for shipping.

The ammount of stuff I buy off ali-express I some times forget what iv even got coming and the one day it will be in the letterbox and im like. "Oh yeah I remember buying this"

#9 ·
Remember, you can bargain prices on aliexpress even after adding to cart. Most of the items get delivered within 12 days by post (free shipping) to my country India. Delivery can be much longer for US and other country. You can discuss with seller about best shipping method. If your order is more than 200usd worth, then u can bargain as much as 40 usd less from 200usd order.

#11 ·
I bought a GTX 780 off of ebay about six months after the GTX 780's were released and the seller shipped USPS ground without insurance. The package never made it to my house. All the USPS ever found was the one side of the cardboard shipping box that had the address label on it. The seller got screwed.

#13 ·
Thanks to all who chimed in, what I'm hearing is that if I can get everything I need from 1 seller then he/she will negotiate shipping cost with me? And also to be prepared to wait weeks for delivery but sometimes it won't take that long, right? Sounds good because they have so many things there that I didn't know I needed!

#14 ·
Negotiation is possible on product prices to shipping costs, you need to discuss it with seller. What you're buying ? If its a small size and light weight item like cpu, ram, then you can use premium shipping method and get it delivered within week. Because sellers mark items as gift and undervalue it too. If you're buying large and heavy item, then you might have to pay customs and taxes in your country if you choose premium shipping.

#17 ·
I purchased some fittings recently on AliExpress and using there basic shipping which came through USPS, it got here in 2-1/2 weeks.

#18 · (Edited)
It's hit or miss. I just look at multiple stores and buy from the cheapest one lol. Usually I pay little or nothing for shipping. Sometimes I get lucky too and the item does not ship from China but new jersey instead, lol. My entire WC loop is from Ali minus the Arctic fans, silver coil, and distilled water.

I have received multiple orders lately in 1.5-2 weeks time.

Also usps this year has destroyed multiple packages of mine as well as straight up lost contents. The new post master has been sabotaging their operations. All of my messed up deliveries had clear machine marking where it looks like they got stuck in a sorting machine and subsequently got obliterated. All passing thru a sorting facitily in the mid west somewhere. I am on east coast. I only use ups ground now. And specifically request it from sellers with no issues and great delivery times. No more failed delivery etas by several days or weeks from usps.

#19 ·
  • Rep+
Reactions: Insidious Supra
This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.