Best shipping on AliExpress? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Best shipping on AliExpress?

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by TopM5 View Post
Using DHL / fedex shipping can result in customs and taxes in ur country. If u are in US, then USPS is safest method but slow
I bought a GTX 780 off of ebay about six months after the GTX 780's were released and the seller shipped USPS ground without insurance. The package never made it to my house. All the USPS ever found was the one side of the cardboard shipping box that had the address label on it. The seller got screwed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by 8051 View Post
I bought a GTX 780 off of ebay about six months after the GTX 780's were released and the seller shipped USPS ground without insurance. The package never made it to my house. All the USPS ever found was the one side of the cardboard shipping box that had the address label on it. The seller got screwed.
That is really bad luck man. Seems ur gtx 780 was stolen during shipping as only cardboard was left. Hope you got your money back from ebay.
One of my friend in who lives in usa told me that he gets his aliexpress items delivered by usps safely but takes 7-8 weeks. What you can do is use chinapost with tracking, once it reaches usa, it will be handed over to US postal service.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks to all who chimed in, what I'm hearing is that if I can get everything I need from 1 seller then he/she will negotiate shipping cost with me? And also to be prepared to wait weeks for delivery but sometimes it won't take that long, right? Sounds good because they have so many things there that I didn't know I needed!

You can have the keys to my Cutty when you pry them from my cold, dead hands. And you'd still better bring help!. gunner2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by A72CUTLAS View Post
Thanks to all who chimed in, what I'm hearing is that if I can get everything I need from 1 seller then he/she will negotiate shipping cost with me? And also to be prepared to wait weeks for delivery but sometimes it won't take that long, right? Sounds good because they have so many things there that I didn't know I needed!
Negotiation is possible on product prices to shipping costs, you need to discuss it with seller. What you're buying ? If its a small size and light weight item like cpu, ram, then you can use premium shipping method and get it delivered within week. Because sellers mark items as gift and undervalue it too. If you're buying large and heavy item, then you might have to pay customs and taxes in your country if you choose premium shipping.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 01:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
That is really bad luck man. Seems ur gtx 780 was stolen during shipping as only cardboard was left. Hope you got your money back from ebay.
One of my friend in who lives in usa told me that he gets his aliexpress items delivered by usps safely but takes 7-8 weeks. What you can do is use chinapost with tracking, once it reaches usa, it will be handed over to US postal service.
The important thing to note is that the GTX780 was stolen WHILE IN USPS custody. It was never delivered. When I filed a lost package inquiry the USPS found the one side of the box w/the address label and nothing else. I'm of the opinion the seller had the ebay auction number listed on the shipping label and that's how the USPS postal employee(s) figured out a valuable video card was in the box.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Negotiation is possible on product prices to shipping costs, you need to discuss it with seller. What you're buying ? If its a small size and light weight item like cpu, ram, then you can use premium shipping method and get it delivered within week. Because sellers mark items as gift and undervalue it too. If you're buying large and heavy item, then you might have to pay customs and taxes in your country if you choose premium shipping.
So what I'm buying is fittings and case fans like this, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blac...7b773c00Sw7b5v. Light weight right? Well just for that 1 piece its $46 to ship DHL in 6-13 days. That's 6x's the cost of the piece! It seems that you should pay shipping based on the entirety of your order, not piecemeal. Still, price is amazing!

You can have the keys to my Cutty when you pry them from my cold, dead hands. And you'd still better bring help!. gunner2.gif

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 100)
I purchased some fittings recently on AliExpress and using there basic shipping which came through USPS, it got here in 2-1/2 weeks.

CPU
Intel Processor
Motherboard
Z270X-Gaming 9
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SEA HAWK EK X
RAM
G.Skill Trident 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 950
Power Supply
Corsair AX-1200
Case
CaseLabs M8
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
GPU
Nvidia GTX 1070 FE
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series PC4 24000
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850
Power Supply
Rosewill Quark Series 750W Full Modular Gaming Power Supply with LED Indicator
Cooling
EK-FB GA Z270/Z370 GAMING Monoblock - Nickel
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in