My Core i9 9900k Faulty? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

My Core i9 9900k Faulty?

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:36 PM
Chief of Snark

Rep: 123 (Unique: 111)
Quote: Originally Posted by kingeliran View Post
i tried to disconnect the sata cables, did not work.

it might actually be the power supply, but could it be that the psu which is 600 fail and still work powering up the bios? or safemode ?
Power supplies usually fail under load. So at idle or low power consumption, you won't see it.

My one failing power supply (not an uncommon symptom either) would just display its issue by the system spontaneously rebooting like the reset switch would be hit, when it was put under load. It should have handled that load, and it would have, if the unit wasn't failing. Power supplies can sometimes cause crashes too.

Unfortunately, the easiest way to test is to swap out the unit and swap in a known good one. Other good options to try if you're having blue screens:

1) Run MemTest86+ for 24 hours on the unit, from bootable USB key. 24 hours is important. I've had a bad memory module that actually took 2-3 days to fail. An hour or two isn't enough.

2) Consider either trying a different set of graphics card drivers or temporarily trying an alternate graphics card (or integrated graphics of the 9900K). You didn't mention what you had, or what its operating temperatures were.

Usually, if you have a CPU problem (rare) it's going to show itself in one of several ways. Temperature issues (yours is showing normal), or in rare cases, I've actually seen a CPU cache fail, but usually the system crashes pretty quick if that's the issue.

Quote:Originally Posted by Syrillian http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
First clown that makes a labia joke is gonna get a wet-willy.... wait a second... that don't sound quite right. https://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by catmmm http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
My butt > yours.
DARKPHOENIX
(22 items)
CPU
Intel i9 9900k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
GPU
nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
GPU
nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
RAM
G.Skill RipJaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 PC-3000
Hard Drive
2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSC
Hard Drive
WD 1TB Black WD1003FZEX
Optical Drive
NEC OptiArc 3500A
Power Supply
Seasonic Platinum I SS-1000XP F3 1Kw
Cooling
Thermalright TRUE Black 120, 2 x Noctua Redux 1300 120mm
Cooling
BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm, 230mm
Cooling
Noctua NF-A20 FLX 200mm
Cooling
Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP 120mm
Case
Corsair 650D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP-HC 24" 1900x1200
Keyboard
IBM Model M
Mouse
Logitech MX-1000 cordless
Mousepad
RatPadz XT
Audio
Onboard ALC-1220 7.1
Other
Lamptron FC5v2
Other
AFT card reader
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by LoneWolf15; 05-18-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in