Oops - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Oops

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Oops

I can't find a general discussion sub forum so I hope I am posting this in the right place. I had a mishap in which the remnants of a bowl of cereal fell to the floor, blasting milk and bits of cereal all over the place, most importantly all over the back of my brand new build which, of course, just happened to have the back glass off the case. Best I can tell the fallout is limited to the back of the mobo thru the cutout. I tried powering on then and yesterday, which is about a week apart. The LED's on the mobo are on, but pressing the power button results in no life. I was thinking (hoping) the milk is shorting everything out because it's all over place but beyond that and taking it out and cleaning it I have no idea where to start trying to figure out if the board is bricked or not. If so, it's not so bad because I am wanting to stick an itx or matx board in one of those new Metallic Gear cases. But I did drop a grip of $$ on this mobo (Crosshair VI) and hate to see it go to waste. Any ideas on what to do/where to start? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front_o1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	552.8 KB
ID:	274306  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in