Overclock.net Site Features and Explanations - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net Site Features and Explanations

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
 
IEATFISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 14,319
Rep: 501 (Unique: 394)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekzOverlord View Post

Great Guide!
One thing that i had an issue with, how do we close threads? redface.gif

I don't think members are able to close threads. If you need something closed, the best way is to report your thread and list that as the reason.


IEATFISH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
GekzOverlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 3,395
Rep: 168 (Unique: 135)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekzOverlord View Post

Great Guide!
One thing that i had an issue with, how do we close threads? redface.gif

I don't think members are able to close threads. If you need something closed, the best way is to report your thread and list that as the reason.

Ahhh! I thought it was hidden somewhere. yup that's what I did in the end. thumb.gif
Off Topic: Am I the only one that hears the *Thump* of IEATFISH's avatar?!

Useful Stuff = | GameSave Manager |
Steam = | stgekz | Xbox Live = | Gekz0verlord |

Scratch Project (On Hold): Taid - Match Stick Case
GekzOverlord is offline  
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Bonz(TM)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eaton Twp, OH
Posts: 2,536
Rep: 204 (Unique: 177)
GOOOOOD.

Excellent read.



Bonz(TM) is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Senior Moderators
 
mega_option101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 23,699
Added this to my Signature thumb.gif

Quote:
The man never feels the want of what it never occurs to him to ask for. - Arthur Schopenhauer


mega_option101 is offline  
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Totally New to OCN
 
StormX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jerzey
Posts: 10,626
Rep: 260 (Unique: 209)
Quote:
Overclocked Accounts

There is an opportunity to have an 'overclocked' account. This perk brings with it an overclock.net email address, custom member title (i.e. under your username where it says PC Gamer, Overclocker, etc.), and the ability to remove advertisements. You can obtain these in one of two ways. You can pay for it or you can be an 'established' member (250 rep, member for 1 year).

For more information about obtaining an account, see here.

I LOL at this everytime, Im still not considered an "Established" Member lol

Ah well, Someday Maybe Il have something useful to help people with again, Been pretty useless these last few years though
I seemed to have been Much more Helpful in the 939 days =)

But Why did I lose about 5 Rep?

*R.I.P Syrillian, May your Words and Actions Live forever!*
†he cu|†
(13 items)
CPU
Opty 165 CCBBE @ 300fsb
Motherboard
DFI LanP UT SLI-DR
GPU
eVGA 8800gts 640mb
RAM
2x1gb Corsair XMS TwinX P
Hard Drive
250 g sataII Max†or
Optical Drive
NEC DVD+/-DL
Power Supply
OCZ GameXstream 600w
Case
Spire Baby!
Operating System
XP pro
Monitor
20.1 inch wide 5ms
Keyboard
Some old Thing
Mouse
Logitech G5
Mouse
What?
▲ hide details ▲


StormX2 is offline  
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 02:09 PM
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormX2 View Post

Quote:
Overclocked Accounts

There is an opportunity to have an 'overclocked' account. This perk brings with it an overclock.net email address, custom member title (i.e. under your username where it says PC Gamer, Overclocker, etc.), and the ability to remove advertisements. You can obtain these in one of two ways. You can pay for it or you can be an 'established' member (250 rep, member for 1 year).

For more information about obtaining an account, see here.

I LOL at this everytime, Im still not considered an "Established" Member lol

Ah well, Someday Maybe Il have something useful to help people with again, Been pretty useless these last few years though
I seemed to have been Much more Helpful in the 939 days =)

But Why did I lose about 5 Rep?

I am sure you will get there smile.gif

You may have lost REP due to the database transition. If you feel you need your REP looking into please Contact Chipp.


Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form



ENTERPRISE is offline  
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 AM
_02
Retired Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 7,860
Rep: 195 (Unique: 157)
Anchors are killer. Well organized important information makes me warm and fuzzy inside =)

Great job.

In my sig (again)
_02 is offline  
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,187
Great guide is great smile.gif


Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form



ENTERPRISE is offline  
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
 
IEATFISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 14,319
Rep: 501 (Unique: 394)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post

Anchors are killer. Well organized important information makes me warm and fuzzy inside =)
Great job.
In my sig (again)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Great guide is great smile.gif

418

(as Marin would say)


IEATFISH is offline  
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
 
IEATFISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 14,319
Rep: 501 (Unique: 394)
Added a few more hints and clarifications here and there. Please let me know if anything is glaringly missing.


IEATFISH is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off