OCN Moderator Nominations 2018 (EXTENDED!) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Moderator Nominations 2018 (EXTENDED!)

Closed Thread

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

OCN Moderator Nominations 2018 (EXTENDED!)

Hello all.

We are looking to increase our roster of Forum Moderators on OCN and as usual we put this to a nomination. You can either nominate yourself for the position, or another member. You of course can nominate youself and another as well. So if you think you or another member has what it takes to join the team with a view to keeping OCN a clean and friendly environment for all then please throw some names into the hat ! See below for details.

--Duties--

As a Forum Moderator, your duties would include:

Maintaining an active presence within the community, ideally multiple times daily
Maintaining an active presence within moderator discussions
Reviewing and taking action on reported posts for your section each time you visit the site
Ensuring your respective section(s) is on topic, compliant with the ToS and drama-free

--Skills--

A wide variety of skills contribute to success in positions like these, and the listing below covers the kinds of things we're looking for in prospective team members. Of course, the more of these qualities you or your nominee have demonstrated in the past, the more likely it is that you'll work your way to the end of the selection process.

Excellent people skills and communicators
A helping demeanor
Perspective, vision, character
An active presence on the Overclock.net forum (ideally 5+ days per week)
Patience and persistence, with a thick skin
A proactive, yet methodical, approach
Pride in propelling Overclock.net forward to create the best member experience possible

--Compensation--

Officially, all are volunteer positions and are not paid. We do however offer a lifetime Overclocked accounts/email, and other nice things through the course of each year. Of course, the largest benefit is that you can know you've had a role in shaping a second-to-none experience for tens of thousands of people to talk about something they love.

--Process of Nominating via PM Details--

1. You must title the PM "Nomination" and add the members username to the PM title to whom you are nominating. Example below.
(The member's name being nominated must be stated exactly as stated in the forum. A copy/paste of the members name is preferred.)

2. When sending a PM nomination, please tell us why you or your nominee would be suitable for a staff position here on Overclock.net.

3. One or more Nomination(s) are welcome and please do try to submit them in one PM.

4. PM the nomination only to ENTERPRISE to avoid confusion.

5. If you have questions of a general nature feel free to post here, or specific questions pm me directly please.

Example of PM layout
Quote: To: ENTERPRISE
Title: Nomination for "Insert Nominee forum name(s)"
Body of Pm:Explanation of why you feel your Nominee(s) should be picked

The intention is for nomination(s) of those you feel would be beneficial to the community in the Moderator position. It is acceptable to nominate ones self.

Please do not post nominations in this thread as they won't be considered when submitted in this manner. Only the PM nominations stated manner above will be considered.

We will accept nominations until Monday, April 2nd at midnight GMT.

Thank you to everyone for your interest!

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Last edited by ENTERPRISE; 03-26-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Thanks for the nominations so far, keep them coming :)

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 01:45 PM
STG3 VET

Rep: 1174 (Unique: 756)

Is it possible to be a an H20 editor and Mod?

<div class="post-sig post-sig-limit shazam usersig-click"><div class="reparse-sig-lineheight"><p><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/913181-water-cooling-guide-noobs.html#post11984918">Water cooling guide for noobs,parts,setup install case suggestions,etc</a></p><span></span><p><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/962044-upgrade-time-update-2-3-18-a.html">Case labs TH10/ build log (2 gtx 590s) water cooling oh my</a></p><span></span><p><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/528648-heatkiller-club.html">Founder of the Heatkiller Club</a></p><span></span><p><span>W</span><a href="https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/601449-water-cooling-cases.html">ater cooling case suggestions</a></p></div></div>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post

Is it possible to be a an H20 editor and Mod?

Please see PM :)

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Daisy Chained Dumb Switch

Rep: 50 (Unique: 39)
I vote for @CynicalUnicorn and no I'm not going to PM anyone that vote officially

(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2666C15
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB 2.5"
Hard Drive
PNY CS1311 960GB 2.5"
Power Supply
SeaSonic PRIME Titanium 850W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Getting used to 'new'

Rep: 220 (Unique: 163)
Are nominations posts checked? I don't want to nominate someone just to find out that there was some 'unfortunate' posts that I didn't catch.

Sig's kind of broke a little. It's okay, I needed to update it anyway XD

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

All nominations must be made via PM as per the OP. Any nominations made in the thread will not be counted.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Getting used to 'new'

Rep: 220 (Unique: 163)
I was just double checking. My worry of missing something exists whether it's public or PM.

Sig's kind of broke a little. It's okay, I needed to update it anyway XD

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

No need to worry, I got your PM :)

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 97 (Unique: 66)
@ENTERPRISE - I hear that mods gain super powers and can fly. Why did you not list that among the benefits of being a mod.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in