Overclock.net: Chapter Three - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net: Chapter Three

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Not new to Overclock.net
 
JKuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
Posts: 2,799
Rep: 92 (Unique: 80)
No problem. I'm aware that you're not the one making the rules (as you said, you're here mainly to give support with the new platform), at this stage I just wanted to know if it can be done. My logic told me that it should be doable, but I was unsure.

'87 Mazda 323 (log) - DD | '82 BMW 518i E12/8 (converted to carb) - Stolen
'70 VW 411L Auto (log) - Sold | '99 BMW Z3 2.8 roadster (log) - Show project

Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Well, I want you to know I have an academic degree in speculation.
My sig rig
(27 items)
CPU
Core I5 7500
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3
GPU
Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black
RAM
8GB Crucial DDR4
Hard Drive
250 GB Seagate
Hard Drive
500 GB Seagate
Hard Drive
250 GB Seagate
Hard Drive
256GB Transcend SSD
Optical Drive
Liteon iHAS324
Power Supply
Cooler Master V 650S
Cooling
Deepcool Gammaxx S40
Cooling
No-name fan controller
Case
CM Storm Stryker
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster S20B300
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster S20B300
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster S20B300
Keyboard
Asus Strix Tactic Pro
Mouse
Razer Goliathus Alpha
Mouse
Genius Maurus
Audio
Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones
Audio
TEK SP-8008S bookshelf speakers (front)
Audio
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (surround)
Audio
TEK SP-8008C center speaker
Audio
TEK SN-10 sub
Other
360W Mecer UPS
CPU
Core 2 Duo P8600
Motherboard
LENOVO 2241B57
GPU
Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD
RAM
2 GB
Hard Drive
128 GB Corsair Force GS
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro (x86)
Operating System
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired)
Monitor
15.4" lcd 1680*1050
Audio
Conexant Cx20561
Other
Embedded 3G
▲ hide details ▲


JKuhn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 02:04 PM
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post

Good to hear. Do you know if it will be possible to make off-topic threads visible, as asked? I realise this is not a migration issue, but I think it can be of value to people here.

 

It is unlikely, I am not sure as to the overall value this would bring overall. The OT section is more of a place for OCN members to chill and relax and discuss topics that are not part of OCN's core mission. I do not really see the benefit of showing this section (A section not part of our core values) to the general viewing internet



Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form



ENTERPRISE is offline  
post #23 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 04:22 PM
My old title doesn't fit.
 
Penryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,023

Excited to see this and can't wait to see what effects this will have from a moderation standpoint.


I am a Google Pixel 3 user.
If you can't believe in yourself, believe in me that believes in you!
Luminous V1.1
(13 items)
STEPMANIA PC
(10 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8750H
GPU
ZOTAC NVidia RTX 2080 Super
RAM
GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q
Hard Drive
2TB Sabrent ROCKET NVMe
Power Supply
230w
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Internal 15.6" IPS 144hz
Monitor
LG 32GK650F-B
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow X Chroma Mercury White Edition
Mouse
Razer Naga Chroma
Mousepad
Razer Goliathus Chroma
Audio
Sony Speaker
Other
Razer Core V2
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
MSI B450 Pro M-2
GPU
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti (Reference Design)
RAM
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB
Hard Drive
Sandisk Ultra SSD
Power Supply
Corsair CX750
Cooling
AMD Wraith Spire
Case
Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Vizio E50-E3 4K TV
▲ hide details ▲


Penryn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 09:03 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Kman3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 176
Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
I'm glad the good ole OCN is continuing smile.gif
Thanks everyone!

Kman3107 is offline  
post #25 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 11:01 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
metala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 1,198
Rep: 48 (Unique: 43)
Last time I was active on this forum it was still running vBulletin. I missed the transition to Huddler and it seems OCN is getting back to its roots smile.gif

"Alcohol is not the answer."
Milk is not the answer either, but nobody mentions it.

Gentoo worshipper, xterm is man's best friend.

metala is offline  
post #26 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 01:48 AM
PC Gamer
 
4LC4PON3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auburn NY
Posts: 6,464
Rep: 178 (Unique: 154)
I have felt like OCN over the years has taken a dip for the worse. I remember when ocn did the "win your dream rig" and put more effort into it's community which thus has all died off.

As for verticalscope. I'm unsure you guys were hacked in 2016 losing 45m passwords n such and breached in 2017. What are you guys doing on your side to improve these security breaches.

I've had recently some tough times. X2 layoffs, lost my house and vehicle and basically lost everything I owned. The community stepped up and helped me out to much. The OCN community can't be touched. Let's hope with these changes we can see the old OCN who used to give back to the community like you guys used to.

I love OCN it's a place of community and knowledge.

AMD
(16 items)
CPU
8350
Motherboard
Asus sabertooth 990fx
GPU
7970
RAM
Gskill ripjaws 8gb 1600
Hard Drive
500GB WD green
Hard Drive
Intel 300 series 120gb ssd
Optical Drive
LG M-Disc
Power Supply
Corsair 750w TX
Cooling
lepa LPALV12-BK CPU cooler
Case
CM masterbox 5 lite
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Asus 23 vh232h
Keyboard
Logitech k360
Mouse
Logitech m100
Mouse
Steel series (world of warcraft)
Audio
GX Gaming 2.1 (Onboard Audio)
▲ hide details ▲
4LC4PON3 is offline  
post #27 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 02:12 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Djmatrix32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pullman Washington; Moscow Idaho
Posts: 2,488
Rep: 69 (Unique: 63)
Djmatrix32 is offline  
post #28 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 04:03 AM
Not new to Overclock.net
 
JKuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
Posts: 2,799
Rep: 92 (Unique: 80)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

It is unlikely, I am not sure as to the overall value this would bring overall. The OT section is more of a place for OCN members to chill and relax and discuss topics that are not part of OCN's core mission. I do not really see the benefit of showing this section (A section not part of our core values) to the general viewing internet

I was thinking more like the reinstating of editing rights in old threads. So instead of opening the entire OT section (which as you said tends not to contribute much) the more useful threads can be considered for opening upon request.

But, of course, that's assuming it can be done, and assuming it won't overload management. thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post

I have felt like OCN over the years has taken a dip for the worse. I remember when ocn did the "win your dream rig" and put more effort into it's community which thus has all died off.

As for verticalscope. I'm unsure you guys were hacked in 2016 losing 45m passwords n such and breached in 2017. What are you guys doing on your side to improve these security breaches.

I've had recently some tough times. X2 layoffs, lost my house and vehicle and basically lost everything I owned. The community stepped up and helped me out to much. The OCN community can't be touched. Let's hope with these changes we can see the old OCN who used to give back to the community like you guys used to.

I love OCN it's a place of community and knowledge.

If you think it's bad here, you should see some other forums. Take for example Club Protege (a Mazda 323/Protege site, be warned, that site does not have the same content rules as here, so look them up at your own discretion), that site is almost dead. From what I understand everybody moved to their Facebook page.

Anyway, I hope the transition is smooth, and for the better.

'87 Mazda 323 (log) - DD | '82 BMW 518i E12/8 (converted to carb) - Stolen
'70 VW 411L Auto (log) - Sold | '99 BMW Z3 2.8 roadster (log) - Show project

Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Well, I want you to know I have an academic degree in speculation.
My sig rig
(27 items)
CPU
Core I5 7500
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270-GAMING K3
GPU
Gigabyte GTX 750Ti Black
RAM
8GB Crucial DDR4
Hard Drive
250 GB Seagate
Hard Drive
500 GB Seagate
Hard Drive
250 GB Seagate
Hard Drive
256GB Transcend SSD
Optical Drive
Liteon iHAS324
Power Supply
Cooler Master V 650S
Cooling
Deepcool Gammaxx S40
Cooling
No-name fan controller
Case
CM Storm Stryker
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster S20B300
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster S20B300
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster S20B300
Keyboard
Asus Strix Tactic Pro
Mouse
Razer Goliathus Alpha
Mouse
Genius Maurus
Audio
Yamaha RX-V567 Receiver
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Headphones
Audio
TEK SP-8008S bookshelf speakers (front)
Audio
TEK SP-8008F tower speakers (surround)
Audio
TEK SP-8008C center speaker
Audio
TEK SN-10 sub
Other
360W Mecer UPS
CPU
Core 2 Duo P8600
Motherboard
LENOVO 2241B57
GPU
Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD
RAM
2 GB
Hard Drive
128 GB Corsair Force GS
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro (x86)
Operating System
Windows 10 Tech Preview (x64) (expired)
Monitor
15.4" lcd 1680*1050
Audio
Conexant Cx20561
Other
Embedded 3G
▲ hide details ▲


JKuhn is offline  
post #29 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 05:09 AM
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmatrix32 View Post

Is it possible to bring back the OCN merch store?

 

This is something we will consider after we have transitioned and having gotten the site on firm foundations first.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

It is unlikely, I am not sure as to the overall value this would bring overall. The OT section is more of a place for OCN members to chill and relax and discuss topics that are not part of OCN's core mission. I do not really see the benefit of showing this section (A section not part of our core values) to the general viewing internet

I was thinking more like the reinstating of editing rights in old threads. So instead of opening the entire OT section (which as you said tends not to contribute much) the more useful threads can be considered for opening upon request.

But, of course, that's assuming it can be done, and assuming it won't overload management. thumb.gif
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post

I have felt like OCN over the years has taken a dip for the worse. I remember when ocn did the "win your dream rig" and put more effort into it's community which thus has all died off.

As for verticalscope. I'm unsure you guys were hacked in 2016 losing 45m passwords n such and breached in 2017. What are you guys doing on your side to improve these security breaches.

I've had recently some tough times. X2 layoffs, lost my house and vehicle and basically lost everything I owned. The community stepped up and helped me out to much. The OCN community can't be touched. Let's hope with these changes we can see the old OCN who used to give back to the community like you guys used to.

I love OCN it's a place of community and knowledge.

If you think it's bad here, you should see some other forums. Take for example Club Protege (a Mazda 323/Protege site, be warned, that site does not have the same content rules as here, so look them up at your own discretion), that site is almost dead. From what I understand everybody moved to their Facebook page.

Anyway, I hope the transition is smooth, and for the better.

 

Are you talking about the Year old threads that get the editing ability automatically removed ?



Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form



ENTERPRISE is offline  
post #30 of 245 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 05:22 AM
boof
 
andrews2547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 13,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

I also hope we aren't losing badges and the ability to show off our rigs... Kind of let's us show off our pride, and some of the stuff we've participated in with OCN over the years...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptAsian View Post


That's my first thought as well. Sig rigs are one of my favorite features of this site, and I put probably more effort than I should into setting those up.

 

Sigrigs were a thing before the switch to Huddler (OCN was running on vbulletin before Huddler). I don't see why they'd get removed. I don't remember badges though, I may be wrong but I can't see why they wouldn't get moved over either.


Quote:Originally Posted by TheBadBull https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a level 5 vegan. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

It's also why I eat my bacon in the dark ????????????????
Computer of Theseus
(17 items)
RIP Athlon '01-'11
(10 items)
CPU
2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7
GPU
AMD Radeon Pro 5300m
RAM
16GB 2667MHz DDR4
Hard Drive
512GB
Operating System
macOS Catalina 10.15.x
CPU
AMD Ryzen R5 1600
Motherboard
Asus PRIME B350 PLUS
GPU
RX 5700 XT
RAM
16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 650 G2
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C White
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 49UM7400PLB
Monitor
Dell E207WFP
Monitor
Valve Index Headset
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Midnight MX Blue
Mouse
Steelseries Rival 310
Other
Valve Index Base Station
Other
Thrustmaster T300RS GT
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair V
GPU
nVidia GTX 550Ti
RAM
12GB DDR3
Hard Drive
500GB WD Blue
Cooling
Coolermaster Evo
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲


andrews2547 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off