Overclock.net, A Thank You & A New Helmsman - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net, A Thank You & A New Helmsman

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Overclock.net, A Thank You & A New Helmsman

Hello all,

The last few months have been difficult on us all and I think it is safe to say that at times that would be an understatement. During the migration we have had our ups and down while trying to get OCN back to its former glory on our new platform. We are of course all still working hard at getting everything back online that needs to be online and making tweaks to improve the OCN experience. We have work ahead of us, no doubt about that.

It is with that sentiment I would like to take the opportunity to announce that I have formally taken over the helm at OCN since the departure of Chipp. He has done a fantastic job at keeping the ship on course all this time alongside our fellow Staff members. They both deserves more credit than I could imagine. I have a very personal connection with the community and I have grown alongside it since 2004. The community has shown me many things both from a professional and personal standpoint and I would like to think I have been able to give back a thing or two during my time here.

Overclock.net is about the community and that comes first, with no community there is no OCN. It is with that sentiment that I will continue my work with VS and our in-house staff to make sure the community as a core principle holds true, always. I am in the unique position of being among the first generation of staff which gives me the best overview I could ask for of what OCN was, is and should remain moving forward.

On a personal note I would like to thank all the Staff past and present for their fantastic work and steadfast dedication through the years. I would also like to say thanks to our founder Admin who made the community a possibility. His time and efforts should never be forgotten. Most of all I would like to thank the membership for remaining with us all this time and continuing to do so during these trying times.

We have a good amount of work to do as mentioned, I am hoping you will continue to walk the path with us with a view to making OCN the best community experience possible.

Here’s to the future of Overclock.net

All the best,
ENTERPRISE

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Unimportant

Rep: 152 (Unique: 125)
Congrats sir.

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I
-Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 47)
I wish you the best of luck @ENTERPRISE - this is a huge step. You are an amazing admin and glad to see this happen. Sucks to see Chipp step down, he also was a very great person of OCN.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Senior Overclocker

Rep: 266 (Unique: 235)
Good luck man!
All I'm looking for, as a user, is to see this great forum thrive and have as much members as possible because this place helped me time and again to find the information I was looking for and it's also a pleasure to give back knowledge to other people.
Keep up the good work!

C2D 6750 -> C2Q 6600 -> C2Q 9550 -> i7 2600k -> i7 8700k -> i9 9900k
8800GT -> 8800GTS 512 -> GTX285 -> GTX480 -> GTX580 -> GTX780ti -> GTX980ti -> GTX1080ti
R.I.P. Daniel Costin (Syrillian)
Animal Mother V3
(19 items)
CPU
i9 9900k R0 5Ghz 1.2v VROUT
Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Taichi
GPU
MSI GTX 1080Ti GamingX @ 2063Mhz/6000Mhz
RAM
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz CL16
Hard Drive
Patriot Viper VPN100 NVMe 512GB OS drive
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue 2x1TB 3D NAND SSDs in Raid 0
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue 1TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 2TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Green 2x3TB
Hard Drive
WD Elements 2TB
Power Supply
Corsair TX750W V2
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15 w/MX4
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced + 7 case fans
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
LG 29UM69G 2560x1080 @ 75Hz
Keyboard
Redragon Yama
Mouse
Redragon Titanoboa 2
Audio
Asus Xonar DX / Plantronics Gamecom 777 / Logitech Z506
Other
Oculus Rift S + T500RS wheel and TH8RS shifter
▲ hide details ▲

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Water-cooler

Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Congrats! Good luck!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Quote: Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Hello all,

The last few months have been difficult on us all and I think it is safe to say that at times that would be an understatement. During the migration we have had our ups and down while trying to get OCN back to its former glory on our new platform. We are of course all still working hard at getting everything back online that needs to be online and making tweaks to improve the OCN experience. We have work ahead of us, no doubt about that.

It is with that sentiment I would like to take the opportunity to announce that I have formally taken over the helm at OCN since the departure of Chipp. He has done a fantastic job at keeping the ship on course all this time alongside our fellow Staff members. They both deserves more credit than I could imagine. I have a very personal connection with the community and I have grown alongside it since 2004. The community has shown me many things both from a professional and personal standpoint and I would like to think I have been able to give back a thing or two during my time here.

Overclock.net is about the community and that comes first, with no community there is no OCN. It is with that sentiment that I will continue my work with VS and our in-house staff to make sure the community as a core principle holds true, always. I am in the unique position of being among the first generation of staff which gives me the best overview I could ask for of what OCN was, is and should remain moving forward.

On a personal note I would like to thank all the Staff past and present for their fantastic work and steadfast dedication through the years. I would also like to say thanks to our founder Admin who made the community a possibility. His time and efforts should never be forgotten. Most of all I would like to thank the membership for remaining with us all this time and continuing to do so during these trying times.

We have a good amount of work to do as mentioned, I am hoping you will continue to walk the path with us with a view to making OCN the best community experience possible.

Here’s to the future of Overclock.net

All the best,
ENTERPRISE
When you get image uploading working again then you can start your backslapping. I think your message of optimism is wearing on many long time users here. Why can't you revert the software to the point where image uploads work until you work out these intolerable bugs???? I keep on asking this question and no one has the guts to give an honest and accurate answer

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X 4.275GHZ Sabrent 2TB pcieE 4.0 NVMe drive, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 280 Extreme
32GB G.skill TridentZ NEO DDR4 3600mhz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Waiting for 7nm EUV

Rep: 900 (Unique: 504)
Congratulations Enterprise, keep up the rhythm and the long-time priceless dedication and keep tabs on VS because at the current rhythm they've got at least another six months of work before this forum is back up to the standard it was before.

Also, a word of appreciation for Chipp for all your hard work over the years, I hope you come back from time to time to say hello.

And finally,

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Slurpee Addict

Rep: 39 (Unique: 3)
Congrats and good luck

The Penguin Build
(21 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS x470-F
GPU
EVGA 2070 Super FTW3
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO
Hard Drive
Seagate
Power Supply
EVGA G2
Cooling
Noctura NH-D15 SE
Case
Fractal Design R6
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Insignia NS-PMG248
Monitor
LG 24MK400H-B
Monitor
LG 24MK400H-B
Keyboard
Corsair K68
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mousepad
Steeleries QCK Edge
Audio
Sound Blaster AE-5
Other
Audio Technica AT2020 XLR mic
Other
GtRacing Chair
Other
Logitech 4000 Webcam
Other
Logitech x-230 Speakers
▲ hide details ▲
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Crayon Evangelist

Rep: 469 (Unique: 321)
You certainly have your work cut out for you.

Best of Luck!

And, congrats.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Retired Moderation

Rep: 313 (Unique: 253)
Congrats E!

As a staff member I know behind the scenes your hard work and detication I see you put into overclock daily for all these years working with you and your previous duties.

I know how busy you’ve been since the integration from Huddler in February and everything you’ve done to get us to this point. A huge thank you to you too.

Overclock has a very good helmsman moving forward.

CPU
|INTEL i7 4790K [4.6 GHz]
Motherboard
|ASUS Z97 Maximus Formula VII
GPU
|SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 Fury
RAM
|CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 2133
Hard Drive
|PNY CS2211 XLR8 480 [Gaming]
Hard Drive
|WD Velociraptor 1TB [Storage]
Hard Drive
|SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256 [OS]
Power Supply
|SUPERNOVA P2 1000
Monitor
|VIEWSONIC XG 2700 [4K IPS Freesync]
Keyboard
|DUCKY Shine 5 YOTG
Mouse
|LOGITECH G Pro [Modified]
Mouse
|ZOWIE G-SR Dark Gray
Audio
|SENNHEISER HD650
Audio
|SCHIIT Modi 2 Uber
Audio
|SCHIIT Magni
Audio
|BLUE Snow Ball ICE [Black]
Audio
|CORSAIR SP2500
Other
|CORSAIR Obsidian 450D
Other
|CORSAIR H100i
Other
|NOCTUA NF-F14 [2] & NF-A12 [3] Chroma
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Arizonian; 06-05-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in