Overclock.net Xenforo Migration 2020 - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclock.net Xenforo Migration 2020

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #71 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 12:30 PM
professional curmudgeon
 
looniam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 10,259
Rep: 840 (Unique: 465)
Quote: Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post
For real.


Enterprise, what are you still doing at this dump? Go someplace that deserves your talents.
Click image for larger version

Name:	no-im-fine-5b54e0.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	363486

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.

If you need help: Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲


looniam is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 02:01 PM
Original 16-bit Genesis®
 
Omega X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: That gap between the couch cushion.
Posts: 1,731
Rep: 68 (Unique: 45)
Hopefully it makes the site faster. Ultra long delays are annoying.
Omega X is offline  
post #73 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Never Finished
 
airisom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Within the Milky Way
Posts: 2,242
Rep: 279 (Unique: 216)
It just seems like the rep system is being used for purposes that don't align with OCN's professionalism, and you see what has happened to that.

It's kinda like trying to get good grades so your parents will give you some money versus getting good grades because you actually want them. Which one is the healthier mindset?

While I feel like the rep system is broken, if it's here to stay, then how can we change it to improve the content on the site? How about replacing rep with an achievement system like in games? Get a trophy point or something for making a 500 word post, having a certain post count, tenure, having a post get repped/liked 10 times or something, being a premium member, a contributor/donor, you can literally make it anything that encourages professionalism. Then for the significant achievements you can have badges or flames or whatever. Then, you can click on the points to see a list of the achievements, and maybe show a page of all available ones.

1680 V2 4.5GHz | Trident X 4x4GB 2400MHz | R4BE | Titan Xp + Morpheus II
Wasabi Mango UHD550 | Enthoo Pro II | TS140P | Azeron Classic | Zaunkoenig M1K
Logitech G600 | Skypad 2.0 | Tt Meka G-Unit MX Black+Double O-Rings
JBL LSR308s | Temblor T10 | Custom headphones | TEAC-UD501+Passive Preamp | Emotiva BasX A-100
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB | 51TB DAS | SS Prime Ultra Titanium 1KW
airisom2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #74 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:07 PM
Like a fox!
 
kithylin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 2,493
Rep: 96 (Unique: 71)
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega X View Post
Hopefully it makes the site faster. Ultra long delays are annoying.
Remember to read the first post in this thread. They are completely changing the entire layout of the forum website. It will look like these three websites after the transition: https://forums.anandtech.com/ https://forums.tomshardware.com/ https://www.ignboards.com/

It's not just about speed and the website loading faster. The old styling of the website that everyone has been used to for the past 10-15 years will be gone forever to time.
kithylin is offline  
post #75 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Science
 
BLKKROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 3,478
Rep: 260 (Unique: 181)
I was here for the last migration, and was even a Sherpa.

Looking forward to the change.

www.blackaero.com
Desktop
(12 items)
CPU
AMD 3900x
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Pro Wifi
GPU
Gigabyte 1660 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 3600mhz DDR4, 16GB
Hard Drive
HP 920 NVME 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Case
Corsair Carbide 400C
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Dell S2417DG
Keyboard
Ducky OCN Custom Mechanical
Mouse
Steel Series Kinzu V2
Audio
Fiio DAC Amplifier
▲ hide details ▲


BLKKROW is offline  
post #76 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,239
Quote: Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post
It just seems like the rep system is being used for purposes that don't align with OCN's professionalism, and you see what has happened to that.

It's kinda like trying to get good grades so your parents will give you some money versus getting good grades because you actually want them. Which one is the healthier mindset?

While I feel like the rep system is broken, if it's here to stay, then how can we change it to improve the content on the site? How about replacing rep with an achievement system like in games? Get a trophy point or something for making a 500 word post, having a certain post count, tenure, having a post get repped/liked 10 times or something, being a premium member, a contributor/donor, you can literally make it anything that encourages professionalism. Then for the significant achievements you can have badges or flames or whatever. Then, you can click on the points to see a list of the achievements, and maybe show a page of all available ones.
The REP system will have some different aspects to it on the new site, it is unlikely to stay as per the exact same system we have now.


Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form



ENTERPRISE is online now  
post #77 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Original 16-bit Genesis®
 
Omega X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: That gap between the couch cushion.
Posts: 1,731
Rep: 68 (Unique: 45)
Quote: Originally Posted by kithylin View Post
Remember to read the first post in this thread. They are completely changing the entire layout of the forum website. It will look like these three websites after the transition: https://forums.anandtech.com/ https://forums.tomshardware.com/ https://www.ignboards.com/

It's not just about speed and the website loading faster. The old styling of the website that everyone has been used to for the past 10-15 years will be gone forever to time.

I read it before making my post.



I'm not attached to the slowness of this system, its current look or its extra functions. If Xenforo is an improvement then so be it.
Omega X is offline  
post #78 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 05:07 AM
Never Finished
 
airisom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Within the Milky Way
Posts: 2,242
Rep: 279 (Unique: 216)
Quote: Originally Posted by kithylin View Post
Remember to read the first post in this thread. They are completely changing the entire layout of the forum website. It will look like these three websites after the transition: https://forums.anandtech.com/ https://forums.tomshardware.com/ https://www.ignboards.com/

It's not just about speed and the website loading faster. The old styling of the website that everyone has been used to for the past 10-15 years will be gone forever to time.
Didn't E quote you saying the goal is a hybrid of classic with new elements? What's wrong with that?

1680 V2 4.5GHz | Trident X 4x4GB 2400MHz | R4BE | Titan Xp + Morpheus II
Wasabi Mango UHD550 | Enthoo Pro II | TS140P | Azeron Classic | Zaunkoenig M1K
Logitech G600 | Skypad 2.0 | Tt Meka G-Unit MX Black+Double O-Rings
JBL LSR308s | Temblor T10 | Custom headphones | TEAC-UD501+Passive Preamp | Emotiva BasX A-100
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB | 51TB DAS | SS Prime Ultra Titanium 1KW
airisom2 is offline  
post #79 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 07:42 AM
771on775 user,Complainer
 
schuck6566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,586
Rep: 105 (Unique: 65)
(sigh) This is opinion. The Rep system isn't bad when it works. IF you make a thread that shows how to do something,or supplies help, then people who take advantage of that should be able to show appreciation if they want in the form of giving Rep for help. Just as if someone ASK' for help in a thread and you give them the answer to their problems or say modify a bios for them,then IF THEY WISH they should be able to give Rep to show it was helpful. We SHOULDN'T be saying "GIVE ME REP IF THIS HELPED!" If anything,soliciting Rep should be a cause for say a 48 hour mute(no posting except private messaging to the person who muted you to appeal).


Having an awards system is fine, but when you start tying it to the what the Rep system is then you've opened a can of worms. Let's see, I need Rep to use the Market Place but I'm 1 short,So I just BUY a premium acct subscription that gives me my "trophy" which = Rep so I can now use the Market Place. In other words,I bought my way in! As for "post count" or "Contributor" going towards Rep, If people are posting fluff(for lack of a more polite term)by the hour,does that make them worthy of being listened to?Think of how many times someone has asked a variation of their same question over & over because they didn't understand or wouldn't except the answer.Does that make that person worthy of Rep? Maybe a Darwin award,but hardly something that's going to encourage OTHERS to listen to them for that!
schuck6566 is offline  
post #80 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 12:51 PM
boof
 
andrews2547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 13,948
Quote: Originally Posted by schuck6566 View Post
(sigh) This is opinion. The Rep system isn't bad when it works. IF you make a thread that shows how to do something,or supplies help, then people who take advantage of that should be able to show appreciation if they want in the form of giving Rep for help. Just as if someone ASK' for help in a thread and you give them the answer to their problems or say modify a bios for them,then IF THEY WISH they should be able to give Rep to show it was helpful. We SHOULDN'T be saying "GIVE ME REP IF THIS HELPED!" If anything,soliciting Rep should be a cause for say a 48 hour mute(no posting except private messaging to the person who muted you to appeal).


Having an awards system is fine, but when you start tying it to the what the Rep system is then you've opened a can of worms. Let's see, I need Rep to use the Market Place but I'm 1 short,So I just BUY a premium acct subscription that gives me my "trophy" which = Rep so I can now use the Market Place. In other words,I bought my way in! As for "post count" or "Contributor" going towards Rep, If people are posting fluff(for lack of a more polite term)by the hour,does that make them worthy of being listened to?Think of how many times someone has asked a variation of their same question over & over because they didn't understand or wouldn't except the answer.Does that make that person worthy of Rep? Maybe a Darwin award,but hardly something that's going to encourage OTHERS to listen to them for that!

You can't buy your way in to the marketplace. Whether your have a premium account or not, you still need at 35 rep to be able to use it.

Quote:Originally Posted by TheBadBull https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a level 5 vegan. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

It's also why I eat my bacon in the dark ????????????????
Computer of Theseus
(17 items)
RIP Athlon '01-'11
(10 items)
CPU
2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7
GPU
AMD Radeon Pro 5300m
RAM
16GB 2667MHz DDR4
Hard Drive
512GB
Operating System
macOS Catalina 10.15.x
CPU
AMD Ryzen R5 1600
Motherboard
Asus PRIME B350 PLUS
GPU
RX 5700 XT
RAM
16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 650 G2
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C White
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 49UM7400PLB
Monitor
Dell E207WFP
Monitor
Valve Index Headset
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Midnight MX Blue
Mouse
Steelseries Rival 310
Other
Valve Index Base Station
Other
Thrustmaster T300RS GT
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair V
GPU
nVidia GTX 550Ti
RAM
12GB DDR3
Hard Drive
500GB WD Blue
Cooling
Coolermaster Evo
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲


andrews2547 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ENTERPRISE
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off