[Official] Seasonic Platinum Series Owners Club - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Seasonic Platinum Series Owners Club

post #41 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 32)
Platinum 520W, 660W, 760W and 1200W is on the way.. 520W is fanless..
http://h11.abload.de/img/seasonic-08ixjiy.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/05228538-photo-seasondo88q.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/img0036950_15qjt3.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/seasonic-07358nz.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/seasonic-06f2m0y.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/seasonicplatinum-520fiqjsj.jpg

platinum_datenblatt997ip.jpg

Meshify S2
(15 items)
CPU
AMD R7 2700X
Motherboard
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
GPU
Zotac RTX 2060 AMP!
RAM
2x8GB G.Skill Flare-X DDR4 3466MHz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung 970Pro 512GB NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850EVO 256GB
Hard Drive
WD 4TB Blue
Hard Drive
WD 500GB Black
Power Supply
Seasonic 1kW Platinum
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify S2 White
Operating System
Win10 Home
Monitor
LG 34UC89G-B
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite
Audio
Logitech X-530 5.1
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
Burritos are B7

Rep: 50 (Unique: 32)
Well this will open the doors for more peeps... Thanks man from atlantis, I'll update OP when these are available.

post #43 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 51 (Unique: 42)
Hi Zantrill,

Your Unboxing Video is highly appreciated! For high cost items such as our Platinum units, your video provides excellent information and a view into what people would be getting inside the box.

As for the cable and velour bag.... well, we have been debating for some time on what to do, continue or not with the bags. Some like, some don't. The velour bag does help prevent the PSU chassis from chaffing against the shock absorbing foam and the cost is fairly minimal.... Something for our HQ's PM to chew on.

Thank you again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
Burritos are B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Sonic Rep View Post

Hi Zantrill,

Your Unboxing Video is highly appreciated! For high cost items such as our Platinum units, your video provides excellent information and a view into what people would be getting inside the box.

As for the cable and velour bag.... well, we have been debating for some time on what to do, continue or not with the bags. Some like, some don't. The velour bag does help prevent the PSU chassis from chaffing against the shock absorbing foam and the cost is fairly minimal.... Something for our HQ's PM to chew on.

Thank you again!

I wouldn't change it. I loved it! It's Unique. Just another goody that sets it apart from others. thumb.gif

post #45 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 173 (Unique: 144)
i like the packaging also. Nice and clean. The cloth wrapped psu bag, cable bag.. its a nice package.

If we are getting Seasonic Reps in here then im just going to throw this out there.... Sleeved full lenght cables, like Corsair offers. Ill buy a set in white please

post #46 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 339 (Unique: 301)
Quote:

Hi Zantrill,
Thank you again!

Cool, a Seasonic Rep liked my video! wubsmiley.gif

Twitter/Vine: @Demented1971 - YouTube: Demented1971

Demented's Time-Lapse LEGO Builds!
Project: SWITCH W A V E
Famous Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflux go_quote.gif

Yeah, soon we'll completely avoid using textual and vocal communication and instead just walk around with our jaws unlocked, heads tilted back and dribble on the floor everywhere we go. The size of the dribble pool will indicate how long someone has been somewhere and the language will consist of gargling noises and farts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias go_quote.gif

The consumption of LSD would not cause you to misinterpret the properties of your overclock, trust me. I overclock while tripping balls all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar go_quote.gif

I just accidentally locked the thread for 2 seconds when I was trying to click the unread posts button redface.gif
My Clubs (Click to show)

post #47 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
Burritos are B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post

Quote:

Hi Zantrill,
Thank you again!

Cool, a Seasonic Rep liked my video! wubsmiley.gif

feel the love! smile.gif

post #48 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 51 (Unique: 42)
Hi Folks,

Sorry I am not very active in the forums, too many... only on occasion when there are important issues will I offer my 2 cents.

In Q4 2012, we will add new models to the X & P lineup and these are slated to have the black / flat DC cables. Our hope anyway, we are at the mercy of our R&D....
The current X & P units will stay as webbing DC cables until they are eventually replaced in Q4 '12 or Q1 '13.

We have considered offering additional cables for sleeving in various colors, etc., but this project had some difficulties getting off the ground because of the quantity scale needed for procurement & production but still under consideration as we know there are enthusiasts who look for more flexible options to upgrade their hardware.

Thanks for the support everyone thumb.gif and if you have further questions and I am not around, please send PM or e-mail to: [email protected]
post #49 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 339 (Unique: 301)
Quote:

Hi Folks,
Sorry I am not very active in the forums, too many... only on occasion when there are important issues will I offer my 2 cents.
In Q4 2012, we will add new models to the X & P lineup and these are slated to have the black / flat DC cables. Our hope anyway, we are at the mercy of our R&D....
The current X & P units will stay as webbing DC cables until they are eventually replaced in Q4 '12 or Q1 '13.
We have considered offering additional cables for sleeving in various colors, etc., but this project had some difficulties getting off the ground because of the quantity scale needed for procurement & production but still under consideration as we know there are enthusiasts who look for more flexible options to upgrade their hardware.
Thanks for the support everyone thumb.gif and if you have further questions and I am not around, please send PM or e-mail to: [email protected]

Awesome news, Walter! Thanks! thumb.gif

Twitter/Vine: @Demented1971 - YouTube: Demented1971

Demented's Time-Lapse LEGO Builds!
Project: SWITCH W A V E
Famous Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflux go_quote.gif

Yeah, soon we'll completely avoid using textual and vocal communication and instead just walk around with our jaws unlocked, heads tilted back and dribble on the floor everywhere we go. The size of the dribble pool will indicate how long someone has been somewhere and the language will consist of gargling noises and farts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias go_quote.gif

The consumption of LSD would not cause you to misinterpret the properties of your overclock, trust me. I overclock while tripping balls all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar go_quote.gif

I just accidentally locked the thread for 2 seconds when I was trying to click the unread posts button redface.gif
My Clubs (Click to show)

post #50 of 1328 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 79 (Unique: 67)
If I can I would like to make a request... Can you please please make cables short and long for us to buy... Meaning some for a small HTPC we do not need such long cables etc.. And most of us that use these Seasonic PSU have big cases that we need longer cables for without trying to mod them our self.. I have no problem spending the money for they cables short or long and I am sure everyone here will agree with me..
If you sell them more people will buy your PSU's I guarantee it.

Kinda of like the Silverstone PP05 made pictured below in short HTPC setup...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in