Corsair deny all knowledge - AX1200i software broken (probably applies to AX860i and AX760i as well) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corsair deny all knowledge - AX1200i software broken (probably applies to AX860i and AX760i as well)

post #11 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hoping to get some feedback and more info on this soon. I had planned to use the AX1200i and AX860i in two different builds but it seems there are a few bugs to be ironed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 213 (Unique: 185)
Your not making enough noise, they should at least contact you and come clean with a promise to sort the issue asap.
Reps on here not contacting you or helping you......its more common that you may think, this i know myself wink.gif

Make more noise, see what happens, if not then start looking at what action your going to take against Corsair thumb.gif
post #13 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 106)
Strange. I don't seem to have that problem with my AX1200i.

I just checked this morning and everything was fine. I will have more time tomorrow to check it for longer and will report back.

But even with highly OCed 4X7970 Quad-Fire + 3930k at 5.1 the AX1200i is not even sweating. biggrin.gif

But i agree that the software is a mess IMHO, and really buggy. Not really useful the way it is right now. They really need to work on it.

Good idea, bad implementation...

On the internet, for 10 REALLY VOCAL whiners, you have 1000 satisifed customers that don't post.

Mountain Mods build and my Home Theater link: https://www.overclock.net/t/1232605/2-mountain-mods-build-home-theater-gaming-room#post_16777582

gunner2.gifAsus ROG Rampage IV Extreme X79 Owners Clubgunner.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post

Strange. I don't seem to have that problem with my AX1200i.
I just checked this morning and everything was fine. I will have more time tomorrow to check it for longer and will report back.

That would be great - thanks. My problem has been intermittent, and when I got the RMA replacement it went away for quite a while before returning. Right now the bogus reading are there all the time (for a week or more, including reinstalling corsair link to update to 2.1.7). I haven't figured out yet if there's any kind of pattern to it.
Quote:
But even with highly OCed 4X7970 Quad-Fire + 3930k at 5.1 the AX1200i is not even sweating. biggrin.gif

Yes, it's a shame this problem has occurred because in other ways it's a good PSU - I am really digging having it passive at desktop work type loads (although it does have a bit of coil whine, but nothing that bad), and even with the fan on it's very quiet delivering 950w or so for me under load. There aren't really any alternatives with the functionality (if it worked!) anyway - I did like the look of the EVGA NEX1500, but I don't actually need 8 PCIe connectors (not yet at least), and I hear the fan in the EVGA is noisy which would be a deal breaker for me.
Quote:
But i agree that the software is a mess IMHO, and really buggy. Not really useful the way it is right now. They really need to work on it.
Good idea, bad implementation...

Yes, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, although the problem I am posting about here is the really intolerable one for me, even if that was fixed the software is still really bad in general.

post #15 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 69)
Email corsair or post in their forums this thread. Make it clear that you're making this issue become more well known, and if you still don't get a response from someone who actually knows what is going on, then pursue them. They either know what the issue is, and are getting a fix out, or they are sitting tight and hoping this doesn't affect more people. Hopefully Corsair George will chime in. ph34r2.gif

post #16 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Hey Levesque, if you're keeping an eye on the thread, did you get a chance to check if you are seeing the problem?

post #17 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Still no reply from Corsair, either here or at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111659&page=2

post #18 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Has anyone posted this to Reddit yet? I'm not sure how much cross traffic we'd get, but if we can't go up, let's go sideways....
post #19 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnotherHong View Post

Has anyone posted this to Reddit yet? I'm not sure how much cross traffic we'd get, but if we can't go up, let's go sideways....

Good idea.

http://redd.it/136pvk

post #20 of 257 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 454 (Unique: 351)
Hey guys, I'm reading through this, and though I'm no longer the PSU Product Manager, I'm trying to figure out the issue.

Is this accurate:

You are having random reboots that you believe are tied to the Corsair Link software and AX1200i reporting incorrect 12V rail amperage?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in