So seasonic saved me from a fire, or did it? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

So seasonic saved me from a fire, or did it?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
seross69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,999
Rep: 224 (Unique: 145)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post

It has to be a problem with these power supplies and the 290x. Mine was hooked undervolted, and the psu was running at 80% capacity at most. So far Seasonic has been great. They paid for return shipping and are willing to reimburse for damage to my computer case once I send them pictures. So far they have been great.

That is great and I am glad to see good customer service.. but I wonder if this is because they know they have a problem and have not announced it or they are just that good at customer service. Time will tell but glad to see a company stand behind their products!!!

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Build Log Ukrainian Banderas devil.gifgunner2.gifgunner.gifsniper.gif

Just playing with cooling and Computers
seross69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
INCREDIBLEHULK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,915
Rep: 113 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

That is great and I am glad to see good customer service.. but I wonder if this is because they know they have a problem and have not announced it or they are just that good at customer service. Time will tell but glad to see a company stand behind their products!!!

The same question I had in mind.

I read some newegg reviews on the Seasonic X 1250. I thought to myself, should I really buy another seasonic? I mean, they are good PSU and I was unfortunate but I don't know the actual cause of the problem.

Further reading some good/bad/silly reviews I noticed some claims of Seasonic advertising a 100+ amp 12v rail when it is 4 rail design
https://www.overclock.net/t/1215732/seasonic-x-1250-vs-corsair-ax1200/10

This thread and dozens of reviews are forcing me to never buy a seasonic again.

Sure many of these PSU are rebrand the problem is even for example Corsair, I was reading about the CX models on this forum a week ago, not sure exact problem but it seems every manufacturer and every oem psu or rebrand they use will range from good psu to bad. Example, thermaltake, TR series is terrible while the Tough Power is pretty decent.

I need to figure out what will be my best bet for a power supply to handle 3 290x, a OC haswell, and everything else connected in the rig, 20 fans, drives, waterpump... The whole shabang
INCREDIBLEHULK is offline  
post #13 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 38,079
Rep: 2740 (Unique: 1626)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

The same question I had in mind.

I read some newegg reviews on the Seasonic X 1250. I thought to myself, should I really buy another seasonic? I mean, they are good PSU and I was unfortunate but I don't know the actual cause of the problem.

Further reading some good/bad/silly reviews I noticed some claims of Seasonic advertising a 100+ amp 12v rail when it is 4 rail design
https://www.overclock.net/t/1215732/seasonic-x-1250-vs-corsair-ax1200/10

This thread and dozens of reviews are forcing me to never buy a seasonic again.

Sure many of these PSU are rebrand the problem is even for example Corsair, I was reading about the CX models on this forum a week ago, not sure exact problem but it seems every manufacturer and every oem psu or rebrand they use will range from good psu to bad. Example, thermaltake, TR series is terrible while the Tough Power is pretty decent.

I need to figure out what will be my best bet for a power supply to handle 3 290x, a OC haswell, and everything else connected in the rig, 20 fans, drives, waterpump... The whole shabang

Some of the TR-2´s are bad thats the HEC models

The TR-2 model made by CWT and FSP are decent

Again get a EVGA SuperNova G2

Seravee
(30 items)
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 12 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 16 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8 OLED TV
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mouse
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 2
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 1
Audio
Dali E12 F Subwoofer
Audio
Sennheiser HD-599
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
▲ hide details ▲
shilka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
INCREDIBLEHULK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,915
Rep: 113 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Some of the TR-2´s are bad thats the HEC models

The TR-2 model made by CWT and FSP are decent

Again get a EVGA SuperNova G2

If there is any information you can give me that will help me research this PSU I will consider it. You might know something reviews don't cover and save me time and money.

I'm looking at the Corsair AX1200i but if you can fill me in on why you have mentioned the EVGA supernova twice I will appreciate it thumb.gif

That single 12v rail on the ax1200i gets my eye seeing I'm going to be putting 3 290x on the rig and at max load I don't want to be stressing multiple rail designs like this x750 I had, I really can't learn from first hand experience anymore, going to have to dig the internet and hope the unit is as good as they say
INCREDIBLEHULK is offline  
post #15 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 38,079
Rep: 2740 (Unique: 1626)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

If there is any information you can give me that will help me research this PSU I will consider it. You might know something reviews don't cover and save me time and money.

I'm looking at the Corsair AX1200i but if you can fill me in on why you have mentioned the EVGA supernova twice I will appreciate it thumb.gif

EVGA SuperNova G2 is based on the Super Flower Leadex gold rated

And the EVGA SuperNova P2 is based on the platinum version of the Leadex

www.overclock.net/t/1431929/psu-index-thread
https://www.overclock.net/t/1395708/evga-power-supplies-information-thread

1000 watts version compare to other 1000 watts units

https://www.overclock.net/t/1438987/best-fully-modular-1000-watts-psu

Seravee
(30 items)
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 12 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 16 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8 OLED TV
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mouse
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 2
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 1
Audio
Dali E12 F Subwoofer
Audio
Sennheiser HD-599
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
▲ hide details ▲
shilka is offline  
post #16 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 02:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
seross69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,999
Rep: 224 (Unique: 145)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

The same question I had in mind.

I read some newegg reviews on the Seasonic X 1250. I thought to myself, should I really buy another seasonic? I mean, they are good PSU and I was unfortunate but I don't know the actual cause of the problem.

Further reading some good/bad/silly reviews I noticed some claims of Seasonic advertising a 100+ amp 12v rail when it is 4 rail design
https://www.overclock.net/t/1215732/seasonic-x-1250-vs-corsair-ax1200/10

This thread and dozens of reviews are forcing me to never buy a seasonic again.

Sure many of these PSU are rebrand the problem is even for example Corsair, I was reading about the CX models on this forum a week ago, not sure exact problem but it seems every manufacturer and every oem psu or rebrand they use will range from good psu to bad. Example, thermaltake, TR series is terrible while the Tough Power is pretty decent.

I need to figure out what will be my best bet for a power supply to handle 3 290x, a OC haswell, and everything else connected in the rig, 20 fans, drives, waterpump... The whole shabang

I know it is hard when you have had a bad experience with a company but overall I really thing seasonic makes some of the best and most dependable PSU's not only for the money but overall. They actually make most of theirs and most companies their best PSU's are re-branded seasonics.

personally I am watching for more of these and also how the RMA's play out. to me that is very important. Like I said before I can understand your feelings on seasonic now but I think you should give them a chance to make it right because problem might actually be with the 290's... I still can not figure out or see how the PSU could cause this unless it is manufacturing quality control problems like pins not solder or crimped correctly or a isolation problem...

just my 2cents.gif

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Build Log Ukrainian Banderas devil.gifgunner2.gifgunner.gifsniper.gif

Just playing with cooling and Computers
seross69 is offline  
post #17 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 38,079
Rep: 2740 (Unique: 1626)
Compared to how many units are out there and how few units have problems i would say the amount of bad units are so tiny its almost unheard of

Seravee
(30 items)
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 12 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 16 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8 OLED TV
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mouse
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 2
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 1
Audio
Dali E12 F Subwoofer
Audio
Sennheiser HD-599
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
▲ hide details ▲
shilka is offline  
post #18 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
INCREDIBLEHULK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,915
Rep: 113 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

EVGA SuperNova G2 is based on the Super Flower Leadex gold rated

And the EVGA SuperNova P2 is based on the platinum version of the Leadex

www.overclock.net/t/1431929/psu-index-thread
https://www.overclock.net/t/1395708/evga-power-supplies-information-thread

1000 watts version compare to other 1000 watts units

https://www.overclock.net/t/1438987/best-fully-modular-1000-watts-psu
You are trying to help and this is going to sound really bad...

So I clicked that best fully modular thread and it's like Corsair AX models are "lower is better" on more than 75% vs Supernova, why are you recommending supernova again? biggrin.gif
INCREDIBLEHULK is offline  
post #19 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Senior OCN Member
 
shilka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 38,079
Rep: 2740 (Unique: 1626)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

You are trying to help and this is going to sound really bad...

So I clicked that best fully modular thread and it's like Corsair AX models are "lower is better" on more than 75% vs Supernova, why are you recommending supernova again? biggrin.gif

I did not understand a single thing you said

Seravee
(30 items)
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP510 1,92 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB
Hard Drive
WD Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 12 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 16 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750 watt
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 55C8 OLED TV
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mouse
HyperX Fury S XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 2
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 1
Audio
Dali E12 F Subwoofer
Audio
Sennheiser HD-599
Other
CableMod 30 CM Magnetic Red LED strip
▲ hide details ▲
shilka is offline  
post #20 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
INCREDIBLEHULK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,915
Rep: 113 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

I did not understand a single thing you said
funtimes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

You are trying to help and this is going to sound really bad...

So I clicked that best fully modular thread (CLICKED THREAD) and it's like Corsair AX models are "lower is better" on more than 75% vs Supernova( CORSAIR BETTER THAN SUPERNOVA ON 75% OF CHARTS ) , why are you recommending supernova again? (WHY SUPERNOVA ??) biggrin.gif (SMILEY FACE)
You told me to get a supernova
You link me a comparison thread
The thread shows the Corsair AX better than a Supernova in 75% of the charts
INCREDIBLEHULK is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off