Silverstone SFX Series PSUs (ST45SF-G/SX600-G/SX500-LG) Owners Club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone SFX Series PSUs (ST45SF-G/SX600-G/SX500-LG) Owners Club

post #1 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)

Hello! Welcome to the Silverstone SFX Owners Club @ OCN!! If you would like to join the club, post some pics and description of your build. I went ahead and created this this thread for discussion of the Silverstone SFX PSU's which do not have any dedicated threads here on OCN.

ST30SF

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

As the standards bearer of SFF (small form factor) cases and SFX PSUs, SilverStone has released a reference power supply design for the masses in the ST30SF, a 300W SFX unit designed with high affordability and great performance. It has 80 PLUS Bronze level efficiency and a semi-fanless design that raises the efficiency level for this wattage class and allows for unprecedented low noise operation in low loading conditions.

ST45SF

After successfully revolutionizing both HTPC and SFF market segments with innovative chassis designs, SilverStone engineers continue their push for advancement in these categories by releasing a true upgrade-worthy small form factor power supply, the ST45SF. This SFX unit is compatible not only with chassis that use SFX power supplies but also in smaller ATX chassis with the included adapter bracket. Despite its small size, the ST45SF has features that one would expect from an elite ATX power supply such as 80 PLUS Bronze level of efficiency, temperature controlled fan, 50℃ temperature rating, and reliability for 24/7 operation. Enthusiasts oriented features are also present with single +12V rail and 8pin/6pin PCI-E connectors to fully support multi-GPU systems. For SFF users and for SilverStone, the ST45SF is more than just an upgrade, it is an important milestone for the DIY desktop computer.

ST45SF-G

After successfully expanding and leading SFF(small form factor) cases and SFX PSU into the DIY (do it yourself) market, SilverStone engineers have continued their push for advancement in these categories by releasing a true upgrade-worthy small form factor power supply, the ST45SF-G. Despite being half the size of a regular ATX power supply, the ST45SF-G can still produce continuous power output of 450W. Its 80 PLUS Gold level efficiency is a great leap from the previous SFX best of 80 PLUS Bronze and the full modular cables is also the first of its kind for this form factor. To enable users to easily take advantage of this excellent SFX power supply, an adapter is included to convert ST45SF-G to mount in any ATX case in addition to ones that fit only SFX. For SFF users and for SilverStone, the ST45SF-G is more than just an upgrade, it is an important milestone for DIY desktop computer.

SX600-G

After releasing the breakthrough SFX power supply in 2012 with the ST45SF-G, SilverStone has pushed the technical envelope even further with yet another industry defining design in the SX600-G. This small form factor PSU has the exact same dimensions as its predecessor but its power density has increased from 567W per liter (in the ST45SF-G) to 756W per liter. The result is a standard-sized SFX PSU with an incredible 600W of continuous power, a level that is capable of supporting any single graphics card system with ease. Besides the power increase, the SX600-G comes standard with flexible, flat modular cables similar to those in the PP05-E short cable kit for vastly improved cable management in smaller cases. It also has added semi-fanless capability that was first introduced to SFX PSUs by the ST30SF so its quiet running fan can remain turned off during ideal low load or idle conditions for complete silence.

SX600-G Disclaimer - Noiseblocker fan mod for the 450W will NOT work on the 600W. The 600W unit's fan controller uses a 0-5V range instead of the 0-12V range of the 450W so that fan in the 600W will not spin fast enough and it'll overheat. Credit: Aibohphobia

SX500-LG (COMING Q4 2014)

• 500W with 40A on the 12V rail
  • SFX-L form factor: 125 mm (W) × 63.5 mm (H) × 130 mm (D)
  • 120mm fan
  • Semi-fanless to 41°C with max fan speed of 1500RPM (unknown if this has changed considering the fan has changed from the original design)
  • Fully modular and comes with PP05-E cable kit
  • Gold-rated efficiency
  • OEM is High Power/Sirfa

Club Rules
1: Add picture(s) of your rig.
2: Please respect other members.

Club Members Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Aibohphobia - SX600-G
Zebeyo - SX600-G
ejohnson - ST45SF-G
Wisk - SX600-G, 2xST45SF-G, ST45SF and ST30SF
soundx98 - ST45SF-G (V1.1)/ST45SF-G (V2.0)

Once a member of the club and you want to represent us, add the following to your signature copy code below and paste in your profile settings
Code:
[CENTER][URL=https://www.overclock.net/t/1519061/silverstone-sfx-series-psus-st45sf-g-sx600-g-owners-club/0_40]:clock: Silverstone SFX Owners Club :clock:[/URL][/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 60)
Add me for the SX600-G smile.gif

post #3 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post

Add me for the SX600-G smile.gif

You've been added. thumb.gif

How's the 600-G going for you? I've followed most of your posts at H forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 08:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

I haven't used it much actually, the X99 testbench rig mostly sits unplugged between test sessions. I did take it to a LAN party a little while ago though and it ran great even with everything stuffed into a compact HP case with pretty much no airflow thumb.gif

Luckily my unit doesn't suffer much from coil whine, even pushing it as hard as I do.

post #5 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Have the SX600-G as well - pics from unpacking when I got it a while back:

Unfortunately I have a coil whine - At least that's what I think it is - while the PSU is plugged in, but the computer is off. It is really annoying although it is slightly better now than in the beginning. When I got the unit I had to cut power on the wall socket when the computer was not in use. Luckily the noise when the computer is turned on is minimal although a slight whine is sometimes there.

Apart from that it does an admirable job. I have used it to replace my Seasonic G550 in my Node 304. The idea was to use less space so I would be able to fit water cooling better, but it turns out the gains were a lot less than expected since the ATX adapter bracket places the PSU hanging freely in the middle, rather than along one of the edges. Eventually I will probably have to make a custom adapter plate at work (or rather - convince a colleague in the workshop to do it as I'm not much use working with metal).

"My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all."
- Stephen Hawking
post #6 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:04 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
post #7 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 31)
Add me to the list!
Uning the ST45SF-G in lian li tu100.

Anyone figure out a good way to sleeve the 24 pin? can we swap the pins around on the psu it self to match the way it should be?

thumb.gif
post #8 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post

Anyone figure out a good way to sleeve the 24 pin? can we swap the pins around on the psu it self to match the way it should be?

No, you must leave the pinout the same. The 24 pin on the PSU side does not follow the standard ATX pinout on any of the Silverstone modular PSUs.

Edit: Like Wisk says below, it does follow the ATX spec, more info here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1307713/bad-modular-design-silverstone-st45sf-g/0_20

post #9 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:37 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post

No, you must leave the pinout the same. The 24 pin on the PSU side does not follow the standard ATX pinout on any of the Silverstone modular PSUs.

The problem is that it does follow it!

post #10 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 31)
But can you take the pins inside the psu, remove them from the female plug (on the psu side) and swap them around to match so you get nice smooth bundles?

Edit, nevermind, just looked at a inside view, looks like the plugs are all mounted to a pcb. frown.gif dreams dashed before they even got off the ground.

thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in