Corsair RM850 Exploded!?!?!?!!!!! *Update* - Page 20 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corsair RM850 Exploded!?!?!?!!!!! *Update*

post #191 of 194 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 03:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Sounds like one of the CapXon caps went jihad and killed itself or something.
First time i have heard an RM blow up.

Hilarious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 194 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 07:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungbenny911 View Post

Just to clear the air:

I know a lot of you guys are quick to jump to conclusion. "OMG this dude recommended a 1000w PSU, he's bla bla bla". Trust me, i was like you also, but a lot of posts do get lost in all this rubble (Like the one below, and several others)
LINK

The only reason why i said 1000w was because i was talking about "serious" overclocking (isn't this overclock.net? Why are ya'll so scared of upping those voltages?) tongue.gif, and the only reason why i carried on the conversation was because some people (including "professionals") said Sean or anyone with similar setup would be able to overclock to his/her heart desire on a 650w PSU: which is completely wrong.

So do yourself a favor and read before you post. This is no different from Nvidia Vs AMD threads. If the Red team sees you have Green GPU's in your sig rig, they automatically believe you're going to disagree with them, so they attack you without thinking, then you're like "I'm actually on your side" (-_-)

If you have a hard time understanding, then ask for clarification through pm. Twocables knows why he ran away, he thought he knew much about overclocking, but he didn't, and got butthurt when i called him out on that. That 1.212mv on your Kepler/Maxwell GPU is stock voltage to me! lol, and throughout my years i've never had a GPU go boom: I don't even know what a burnt GPU smells like tongue.gif

I won't be replying to this thread anymore. There's way too much followers who take anything a "professional" says to be true. Truth is, professionals do make mistakes, and some are humble enough to admit it, while others are not.

Your only digging your hole further man, you've nothing left to prove. TC has admitted to many mistakes in information in the past, how do you think he has cultivated the information he has been able to share?

Furthermore as mentioned quite a few times its off topic from here. This isnt a PSU request thread, its a holy crap the PSU died what next thread. This isnt a Red Vs. Green debate.

TC has no need to prove anything to you, he and other experts here know what they speak from. Your trying to kick a member that has already moved on to help other members.

Good lord I thought the PSU section had cleaned up. This is why I stay in the laptop section anymore.

You can prove people wrong, but your being an ass about yourself, and just reading this thread (as it kept coming up on my feed) disgusts me.

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
post #193 of 194 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 10:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 218 (Unique: 102)
Pix or it didn't happen. biggrin.gif

1200W BeQuiet (Seasonic platform) is on sale at the moment, btw.

Free expression is the base of human rights, the root of human nature, and the mother of truth. — 刘晓波 (Liu Xiaobo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 194 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 70)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Ryback View Post

Only on OCN a 450W PSU would run them.
I was thinking the same thing. headscratch.gif

GPU HistoryWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Gigabyte 980ti G1
EVGA GTX 980 ti
EVGA GTX 980 SC
Nvidia 780ti
EVGA GTX 780 SC
EVGA GTX 770 SC
EVGA GTX 660ti SC
Some random ATI card
Nvidia 6800
First card 4600 I think. LoL

"And you are a bit of a ....... i was trying to help you and inform and you return are calling it an attack
Well you can go go to hell then"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in