I need a powersupply for my LED's - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

I need a powersupply for my LED's

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 43)
I need a powersupply for my LED's

I need suggestion what to buy for my LED controller , I need a power supply and it seems the one I did buy is bad quality

I prefer if the suggestion can be from UAE website like noon.com or amazon.ae ( amazon.com is ok but better to be the other sites)

this is the picture of the led controller , i plugged it to 2 LED strips both are linked

my LED's are these new leds but plugged to the same controller old led's controller : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

very old led's since 2013 but can't find the link to the exact one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did buy this power supply : it made a very loud noise + it didn't even last for 3 months and now its not working
https://www.amazon.ae/EliveBuyIND®-R...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2760.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	294218  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 04:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 72)
It sounds like you are using controller and power supply interchangeably. Picking you out a good long lasting power supply is easy as meanwell clone units are available most anywhere. But if you are looking for a power supply with a built in controller to adjust color or power on via remote control that makes things a bit more challenging.

As for the power supply it looks like you need 12V which would mean something like one of these two options, depending on how much room you have available. Both units should last 5-10 years under normal use. Even for low cost units they are quite durable.

You will need to save & cut off the cable with the round barrel connector from your existing power supply, then mate the ends to whichever power supply you choose. Doing it this way is a bit more work but is worth it.

https://www.amazon.ae/Walmeck-Univer...ateway&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.ae/Switching-Conv...gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited by speed_demon; 09-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

the one you linked wont plug into my controller ( that white small box that allow me to control them using remote ir )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 344 (Unique: 243)
Which means you have no idea how those PSUs are to be connected, cannot cut and strip wires, etc. And you're stuck with what ever your local LED shop sells at a mark up.

Sadly most of the cheap PSUs from China are quite worthless longevity wise. Some units last, many don't. That's why I keep using my old laptop PSU from Delta but when you want to buy such PSU you again get tons of results of cheap Chinese crappy replacements and only at a comparably high price will you find the original PSUs.

Those metal caged PSUs may be of better quality than the plastic cased ones, they tend to cost more too. But you should mount them somewhere safely at best put them in a ventilated box out of reach.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Which means you have no idea how those PSUs are to be connected, cannot cut and strip wires, etc. And you're stuck with what ever your local LED shop sells at a mark up.

Sadly most of the cheap PSUs from China are quite worthless longevity wise. Some units last, many don't. That's why I keep using my old laptop PSU from Delta but when you want to buy such PSU you again get tons of results of cheap Chinese crappy replacements and only at a comparably high price will you find the original PSUs.

Those metal caged PSUs may be of better quality than the plastic cased ones, they tend to cost more too. But you should mount them somewhere safely at best put them in a ventilated box out of reach.
Yup you are right , well these metal boxes are not an option ,I could learn how to do it or even go to an electrician to do it for me for like 3$ =.=! it is cheap for these type of things here , but issue i cant use it for another reason , i have kids that come by and no place to mount it , i put them behind the curtains next to the bed, you can see the picture of my profile , it is old i changed the house etc.. but same idea as the picture still running that bunk bed and the curtains are hiding stuff including powersupply for led's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in