FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #41 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,016
I have a solution, just put a link to www.pricegrabber.com www.resellerratings.com and froogle.google.com in the beginning of the post, and tell people to copy the model and paste it in those three to find the most reputable retailer that carries it at the most competitive price, but keep the links you already have so people can use them just to get a rough idea of what the Power Supply looks like, a good price range to compare to other sites.

Securemart.com for example has the best prices for the Antec NeoHE 550/500, TruePower Trio 550/650 and Corsair HX520/620, but their site doesn't have pictures, user reviews and is rather hard to navigate.
NamelessMC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessMC View Post
I have a solution, just put a link to www.pricegrabber.com www.resellerratings.com and froogle.google.com in the beginning of the post, and tell people to copy the model and paste it in those three to find the most reputable retailer that carries it at the most competitive price, but keep the links you already have so people can use them just to get a rough idea of what the Power Supply looks like, a good price range to compare to other sites.

Securemart.com for example has the best prices for the Antec NeoHE 550/500, TruePower Trio 550/650 and Corsair HX520/620, but their site doesn't have pictures, user reviews and is rather hard to navigate.
Great idea man!

Just updated the guide.
PeDrO305 is offline  
post #43 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 02:16 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Akatsuki No Tobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 1,170
Rep: 32 (Unique: 30)
I really do think that the Ultra X3 1000W is worthy enough to take a spot in the $300 range. So many people still associate Ultra PSUs with:turd: though.

Akatsuki No Tobi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Retired Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Too close to Microsoft
Posts: 24,372
Rep: 1172 (Unique: 570)
I do agree. That PSU got great reviews.

Note that it's build by someone else than the previous (crappier) Ultra PSUs. And it's really a pretty good quality build.
Read the review on Jonnyguru.com


Chozart is offline  
post #45 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
I do agree. That PSU got great reviews.

Note that it's build by someone else than the previous (crappier) Ultra PSUs. And it's really a pretty good quality build.
Read the review on Jonnyguru.com
Will do guys. Thanks.
PeDrO305 is offline  
post #46 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Micke_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 49
Rep: 0
Can you guys name any PSU with 8-pin PCI-E connector, please!

Micke_2000 is offline  
post #47 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Retired Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Too close to Microsoft
Posts: 24,372
Rep: 1172 (Unique: 570)
Here's the list of PSUs certified for Crossfire 2900's (thus two PCI-E 8-pin connectors, or adapter included with PSU):
http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossf...dyourown2.html


From the list, I would recommend the following PSUs, and I added some PSUs with one connector that I recommend (obviously not on the Crossfire list ):

One connector:
  • Silverstone OP and DA series (OP is fixed wires, DA is modular. Otherwise identical)
  • http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817256022
  • I believe that you can get an adapter cable from Corsair with their PSUs. So, the Corsair 520W and 620W are also good options.

Two connectors:


Chozart is offline  
post #48 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Witchfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: near Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,580
Rep: 165 (Unique: 124)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Here's the list of PSUs certified for Crossfire 2900's (thus two PCI-E 8-pin connectors, or adapter included with PSU):
http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossf...dyourown2.html


From the list, I would recommend the following PSUs, and I added some PSUs with one connector that I recommend (obviously not on the Crossfire list ):

One connector:
  • Silverstone OP and DA series (OP is fixed wires, DA is modular. Otherwise identical)
  • http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817256022
  • I believe that you can get an adapter cable from Corsair with their PSUs. So, the Corsair 520W and 620W are also good options.

Two connectors:
Th PCP&C Quad 750 is already on the list, bro...

Some people live on this earth to do great things... Unfortunately, most are here simply because it's illegal to kill them.

12,277 in 3DMark06 on a mostly secondhand budget rig rolleyes.gif
Witchfire is offline  
post #49 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Retired Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Too close to Microsoft
Posts: 24,372
Rep: 1172 (Unique: 570)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchfire View Post
Th PCP&C Quad 750 is already on the list, bro...
I know... it was just an answer to the post right above me. Yeah, kind of off topic.. Sorry about that


Chozart is offline  
post #50 of 6812 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Micke_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 49
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Here's the list of PSUs certified for Crossfire 2900's (thus two PCI-E 8-pin connectors, or adapter included with PSU):
http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossf...dyourown2.html


From the list, I would recommend the following PSUs, and I added some PSUs with one connector that I recommend (obviously not on the Crossfire list ):

One connector:
  • Silverstone OP and DA series (OP is fixed wires, DA is modular. Otherwise identical)
  • http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817256022
  • I believe that you can get an adapter cable from Corsair with their PSUs. So, the Corsair 520W and 620W are also good options.

Two connectors:
Thank you very much

Micke_2000 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off