[Official] Seasonic X Series Owners Club - Page 185 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Seasonic X Series Owners Club

post #1841 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 07:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 64)
Hi guys

I have Seasonic X-1250 XM2 for about 2 years which is OK, no issues with power supply at all, running 3*GPUs and no issues

But what is bothers me is noise of the fan, under 100% load when I do render fan is very very loud, its loudest thing in my PC or case(Caselabs M8 with pedestal), there I have 4*360mm radiators etc and fans I run in rendering at 900-950RPM as max, sometimes I do run fans at 1000-1100RPM but still this PSU fan is just way to loud

Previously I run Enthoo Primo where I have same issue with loud fan on this PSU and several times I thought so my fans are loud etc but when I opened side panel and hear that fan I knew is PSU fan

Higher ambient temperature plays important role here, in low ambient temperature 16-18°C I just can't hear or fan is just not so loud like at 23-25°C where this fan just is too loud and if you are close to PC I measured 51-55dB just from this PSU

I thinking to replace there fan or remove grill on this PSU for time being, PSU works which is important for me, I do work from home

Lowering ambient is no option as I will be not getting AC is way to expensive

Thanks in advance for any help guys

Thanks, Jura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1842 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I know, I noticed it's been awhile since this thread was active. I have two Seasonic X Series, both purchased on eBay. Both of them working well. But I can't find replacement cables for one of them; SS-650KM, as it only came with the 24-pin, EPS and a SATA cable. I did manage to get an oem replacement set of cables for the SS-650KM3, but finding for the KM1 has proven to be difficult, perhaps impossible.

Can anybody help in locating a set?
post #1843 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:51 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 51 (Unique: 42)
Hello Flipicaneze,

Thank you for your message and in order to assist you the best about these old KM cables, would it be possible to let us know where you are located please?

Best regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1844 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Sea Sonic Rep View Post
Hello Flipicaneze,

Thank you for your message and in order to assist you the best about these old KM cables, would it be possible to let us know where you are located please?

Best regards,
All my mail and packages go to my family around Chicago and they ship to me. I currently live in the Philippines.
post #1845 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by flipicaneze View Post
All my mail and packages go to my family around Chicago and they ship to me. I currently live in the Philippines.
Hello,

Well, we have a reseller in the US for our cables but even for him, limited stock of cables for older KM units: https://www.btosinte.com/Cables-for-...-supply_c7.htm
After checking, same for our US office or HQ in Taiwan, we currently don't have anymore stock of them as these models have been phased out few years ago now. We are sorry for this. The only options is to make some customs ones. If you have any possibility like this, please drop us an email (support-at-seasonic.com) and we will see how to help you for cable info.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
post #1846 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 86 (Unique: 57)
If it is any help I have the following pinouts for the KM2 and KM3 cable sets which shows the drastic change in the PCIE/EPS connectors from 12 pin connectors with the row of ground wires opposite to the lug to 8 pin connectors with the row of ground wires adjacent to the lug, but apart from that the rest of the cable set remained unchanged. The KM1 cables were for the X650 and X750 Gold PSUs but if you examine the X760 image you will probably see the same outlets as your KM1 unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SeasonicKM2ModularCableSet_C.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	268208  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SeasonicX850KM3Pinout.png
Views:	9
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	268210  

post #1847 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Sea Sonic Rep View Post
Hello,

Well, we have a reseller in the US for our cables but even for him, limited stock of cables for older KM units: https://www.btosinte.com/Cables-for-...-supply_c7.htm
After checking, same for our US office or HQ in Taiwan, we currently don't have anymore stock of them as these models have been phased out few years ago now. We are sorry for this. The only options is to make some customs ones. If you have any possibility like this, please drop us an email (support-at-seasonic.com) and we will see how to help you for cable info.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Thank You for your help.

With that said, I was actually thinking of attempting to make my own custom cables for a mini-itx build to reduce down the cable presence (for a lack of a better word). Now the question is where to get the power supply side connectors??
post #1848 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by flipicaneze View Post
Thank You for your help.

With that said, I was actually thinking of attempting to make my own custom cables for a mini-itx build to reduce down the cable presence (for a lack of a better word). Now the question is where to get the power supply side connectors??
Hello,

Well, you have up your last post something, else, contact us by email (support-at-seasonic.com) and we will see how we can assist you on this.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
post #1849 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 12:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
don't know how I missed this thread back in 2011 when I purchased my X760! I still use it to this day with my GTX2070.. it powered my gtx570, gtx670,gtx1060. Was thinking about moving up to the seasonic focus gold 650 late summer or so.

post #1850 of 1851 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:59 AM
Chief of Snark

Rep: 123 (Unique: 111)
Quote: Originally Posted by middydj View Post
don't know how I missed this thread back in 2011 when I purchased my X760! I still use it to this day with my GTX2070.. it powered my gtx570, gtx670,gtx1060. Was thinking about moving up to the seasonic focus gold 650 late summer or so.
@middydj There are multiple ways you can do cables.

If you need something specific, I went through https://www.moddiy.com/ in Hong Kong. I did this because after contacting three places, they're the only ones that have the true EPS (8-pin to 8+4 pin) cable I wanted. All other vendors have told me I should get an 8-to-8 and an 8-to-4 pin and just use them that way; I preferred to use the single standard connection on my Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP. Going through them should be close to you too, so you may be able to ship direct to the Phils (I have family there myself). My cable is en route to me, it just shipped the other day; my new mainboard has EPS power delivery, so I'll be happy to see it. The price was very reasonable in US dollars, so I'm assuming HK dollars would be equally so.

Another vendor if you want an entire custom set (not cheap, but very nice is Mod-One:
https://mod-one.com/custom-pc-cables/

Finally, I'd check out a very favorite long-standing company of mine, FrozenCPU, who carries pretty much the best selection of mod gear here in the States (including cables and cable-making materials):
http://www.frozencpu.com/

I got my Seasonic Platinum 1Kw in a closeout sale of a PC building firm, brand new retail for $100, one of the best purchases I've ever made. It is still the perfect unit for my system, having served through Crossfire and SLI configs. My X-750 Gold went in my SO's system where it also has performed reliably through three system boards and Sandy Bridge, Haswell, and Kaby Lake platforms. I can't think I'd ever buy a power supply from anyone else.

Quote:Originally Posted by Syrillian http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
First clown that makes a labia joke is gonna get a wet-willy.... wait a second... that don't sound quite right. https://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by catmmm http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
My butt > yours.
DARKPHOENIX
(21 items)
CPU
Intel i9 9900k @4.7GHz (all cores)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
GPU
MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8GB
RAM
G.Skill RipJaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 PC-3000
Hard Drive
2x HP EX920 1TB NVMe PCIe x4
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Optical Drive
NEC OptiArc 3500A
Power Supply
Seasonic Platinum I SS-1000XP F3 1Kw
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Cooling
BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm, 230mm
Cooling
Noctua NF-A20 FLX 200mm
Cooling
Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP 120mm
Case
Corsair 650D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell Gaming S2719DGF 27" 1440p
Keyboard
Gigabyte Force K83
Mouse
Logitech MX-1000 cordless
Mousepad
RatPadz XT
Audio
Onboard ALC-1220 7.1
Other
Lamptron FC5v2
Other
AFT card reader
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in