HowTo : Recover Intel RAID "Non-Member Disk" Error.. - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

HowTo : Recover Intel RAID "Non-Member Disk" Error..

post #11 of 293 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 144 (Unique: 119)
Thanks, I appreciate the share.

Running a RAID0 array without a back-up is akin to playing Russian Roulette with no empty chambers.

I can't stand phonies, liars, and thieves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 293 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 144 (Unique: 119)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ictinike View Post
Update to the original post c..........
Another success story here!
https://www.overclock.net/hard-drives...ml#post6837244
~Ictinike
I gotta hand to ya Ictinike, ...

You went way beyond the call of duty!

I'm from Massillon and if you ever get close to my area, I'd be honored to buy you a refreshing beverage.

This Bud's for you!

I can't stand phonies, liars, and thieves.

post #13 of 293 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
two questions, i'm having same issue with Raid 1 setup does anyone know if this will work for this?

Also the first step which is to make all the drives non member using intel utility, how do you do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 293 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 42)
I went ahead and followed the instructions but sadly it says the drive is corrupt. No Windows (7) installation can be found. I think I'm screwed...

-Tyler

"Energy can be neither created nor destroyed by ordinary means"
-Law of Conservation of Energy

"A woman's scorn can be created by anything but destroyed by nothing"
-Law of Conservation of my Relationship
post #15 of 293 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Eh... this post lead me to 'confidently' erase all my data. I followed the directions, booted into safe mode but it seems apparently the Raid had been initializing anyways in the background (even in safe mode). After I ran TestDisk and wrote the partition to the drive it recognized the Drive Letter, but said it was corrupt. When I booted to Normal Mode I checked the Raid Status and it was already on 50% of initialization... I could have chose a different route, but I trusted this method based on the post's responses, but it led me to confidently flush all my data down the drain. Not good.
post #16 of 293 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

An absolute life saver! Thank you very much biggrin.gif
post #17 of 293 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

I read this post, and saw similar in other places. Sadly, the first post does not mention that the RST program will start initializing the RAID once the O.S. boots.

In my case, I have a RAID 5 array that comprises of 5 drives. I deleted the RAID, and then recreated it as mentioned here. When the machine came up, RST said, initializing raid. I stopped it at 1%

So, the question is, was I too late? Perhaps 1 of the 5 drives was being initialized, and the other 4 are ok? What does the initialization do? Does it destroy all of the data on the drive?

Also, I am currently using Test Disk to identify partitions. It seems to find the partition on one drive right off. I am searching a second drive, but it is going to take a long time. A couple of questions here, if I find the proper partion on one disk, would the partition be the same on all disks? Also, what kidn of partiton does the Intel ICH10 create - Intel partion, but I see NTFS as a choice too? I am not sure what the difference would be. Sorry to be such a nooblette.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
post #18 of 293 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

I don't think you should delete the raid, but remove all drives from the raid. Don't gunner2.gif me when this ends up having the same result though. Then create a new one in the exact same config and use testdisk to analyze and recover the partitions from the raid volume that was just created.
Hope that helps confused.gif
post #19 of 293 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 110 (Unique: 97)
Same thing happened to me tons of times. All I have to do is power off, unplug, and replug my HDDs, boot up and it's fine.

Home Setup: X-Fi Elite Pro w/LM4562 HardMod / Fiio E7 -> Denon UD-M50 + Mission MS-50 Speakers + Boston Accoustics Subwoofer / Philips HP910 / Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro
Portable Audio: Meizu M6/iPod Touch 4G -> Fiio E7 -> Bose QC-15 / Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro

post #20 of 293 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Sadly, I had already started following the plan as written above. So I have already deleted the RAID from the BIOS and recreated. From what I read, TestDisk should have saved me at this point, but the RAID started to initialize - 1%. So I am not sure if I am cooked.

So that is really the question, does the Rapid Storage RAID initialization destroy the actual data on the drive, or does it recreate the RAID info on the drive, and leave the data as it was? At the very least, considering it only initialized 1% I am thinking I may still be able to save 4 of the 5 disks?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in