This thread is the Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase. thlnk3r and I have been thinking about starting this project for a long time now, and we've decided to finally share it with OCN. As the name indicates, it's a thread all about AMD's Socket 939 platform; it is meant to serve several purposes.
First, it's an informal gathering place for OCNers who have a true appreciation for AMD's classic S939 platform. So, anyone who has ever run a S939 Opteron, Athlon64 FX, Athlon64 X2, Athlon64, or even Sempron is welcome to join! In this thread, we'll hopefully have fun conversations about our beloved S939 CPUs, motherboards, and chipsets. We don't even have to restrict our talk to just about S939 while in here, too; all we ask is that we all have a true and mutual respect for each other.
Second, it's also designed to be a repository of S939 experiences. As time goes by, we hope this thread grows into an eminently useful knowledgebase that will help anyone who wants to use and overclock on a S939 system. We'll be including links to OCing techniques to this initial post imminently, once we get the ball rolling, but most of the really great stuff will come from YOU, as nothing is better than actual experience. I personally believe that there are some techniques and philosophies that hold true not just for S939, but for any other platform as well, so this will hopefully be a resource that can inspire solutions for other (non-S939) users too.
Finally, it's a gesture of goodwill. thlnk3r and I have been lucky to have been part of the OCN family for a significant time now, so this is one way for us to give back to the community.
How do you become part of this group? Simple: Just provide a CPU-Z link (preferable) or a CPU-Z screenshot of a S939 system, either in this thread or a PM to either me, thlnk3r, BlackOmega, Hueristic, or N2Gaming, and we'll add you to our roster as soon as possible.
Of course, everyone is welcome to contribute to this thread too.
So, thanks for everything! Let's all work together to make this good.
Roster (Click here for a more detailed list)
(All rigs marked with "Â¤" are S&M stable. See below.)
Socket 939 Nostalgics
- AMABFKCUO: Opteron 185 @ 2.6 GHz
- Animal Mother: Athlon64 X2 3800+
- Anqt31: Athlon64 X2 4200+ @ 3.0 GHz
- Biomech: Athlon64 3700+ @ 3.0 GHz
- Chuckclc: Athlon64 4000+
- CravinR1: Athlon64 3200+ @ 2.6 GHz
- DesertRat: Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.4 GHz
- Grim: Athlon64 3500+ @ 2.0 GHz
- JoBlo69: Athlon64 3200+; Opteron 170
- justin146: Opteron 165 Denmark @ 2.0 GHz
- krazieaznboi: Opteron 165 @ 3.0 GHz
- Mootsfox: Athlon64 3500+ @ 2.7 GHz; Opteron 170 @ 3.0 GHz
- Mr Pink57: Opteron 146 @ 2.9 GHz
- prosser13: Athlon64 3000+; (2x) Athlon64 3700+; Athlon64 X2 3800+; building an Opteron 146 presently
- SerenityKill3r: Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 3.0 GHz
- sgtdisturbed47: Athlon64 X2 3800+
- Sin100: Athlon64 X2 3200+ @ 2.6 GHz
- Slappa: Athlon64 X2 4200+
- Spamination: Opteron 185
- vwgti: Opteron 170 Denmark @ 3.1 GHz
Links to Recommended Stress Testing Programs and Overclocking Tools
*"S&M and rthdribl are presented "As is" with no warranty expressed or implied by txtmstrjoe, OCN, or any other party in this thread. If you run either program and it breaks a component in your computer, or makes you realize your Overclock is not stable, none of the aforementioned parties will be liable for your loss except yourself."