This guide pertains to people trying to install Eset Smart Security onto Vista x64, and are getting a error, such as "Installation has ended Prematurely". This is a very easy fix. I am not 100% sure if the error only exists in 64 bit environment or exists in the 32 bit environment as well.Useful Links:
1). The Error
(If you have this error installing the program, continue to follow this guide).2). Starting to Fix the problem:
- There are many ways the install could be going wrong, but the one I am talking about in this guide is the most common. Please before you continue this guide, Make sure you go to the ESET Website, and download the appropriate installation for your Operating System. (32bit, 64bit).
- Once you download the right installation package, remove the old program, reboot, and install this one, If you get the same error, or the program will not update automatically, continue on with this guide.
3). The Problem:
- The problem that I am making this guide around, involves disconnecting your internet connection to allow the install to go smoothly. The issue is still somewhat "unknown" per say. Around other forums, I have been hearing it has to do with a packet filtering driver of some sort.4). Getting it to install Properly:
First we need to disable our internet connections, those of you that have a broad range of knowledge about Windows, this should be a cakewalk for you. For others, don't worry, this is near impossible to screw up.
- First off, we need to locate our Network and Sharing Center. We can do this by clicking on the start tab, and in the search, type in (without the quotes) Network and Sharing Center. Click on it.
2. Now we need to go to "Manage Network Connections", In the left hand upper corner, 4th one under "Tasks". Click it, a new window will appear.
3. Click on your connection that supplies internet, and disable it, by clicking on the "X Disable this network device".
4. If you did it correctly, you should see this:
5. Install again. Note: You may have to restart your PC before you install again. Also, as I said before, you want to make sure that you have the correct installer for your Operating System Type.
6. If all goes well, you should get this message meaning you have successfully installed the program.
Told you it was a quick fix.
7. Last step, enable your internet connection and networks. To do this, Click on "Enable this network device".
For all of you that do not like long guides:
- Uninstall current version of the software.
- Restart Computer.
- Download the appropriate installer for your OS. (32bit, 64bit).
- Disable Networks and Internet connections.
- Run the installer and install.
- If it installs correctly, you win.
- Enable network connections and Internet.