[MIT/YT]This AI Senses Humans Through Walls - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MIT/YT]This AI Senses Humans Through Walls

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Every time I hear someone get frustrated and yell at our google assistant, I try to warn them they might be yelling at an advanced AI's grandpa. In 20 years, the first true AI will remember everything, including your tone of voice toward it's predecessors. Act accordingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post
Keep in mind your monitor cable is already broadcasting your desktop like a high power antenna.
People can record whatever you have on your display from across the street.
Apparently high profile companies in Japan have already covered their offices with a Faraday Cage.
It was a long time ago that I saw that report too (can't remember if it was on TV or Youtube.)
Wat

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:14 AM
Audiophile

Rep: 134 (Unique: 128)
Quote: Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post
I am not a conspiracy buff or intended that way but just posting technology news which could have serious ramifications because everyone these days has got their guard down when it comes to privacy and seems to be in lala land. We are forced to shed a bit of our privacy with the illusion that this stuff is going to keep us safe but it looks like just to spy on you and an another attempt to make money off you and exploit you. The scary thing is that this actually makes you less safe the more safeguards you put in place.

If you think this is scary, you haven't seen anything yet. Watch when AI becomes general intelligent and then super intelligent. That's when you get a psychopath controlling the human race. Think I am making stuff up? Well, the internet is only 30 years old . Let that sink in.
No I definitely agree, there's a lot of stuff I can put my mind around where I can see the potential ramifications and they're definitely worth putting time into thinking about. Definitely not of the "conspiratorial" type, but it's just common "hacker" mentality to want to find an exploit in the system, my assumption is, if something can go wrong, it will.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by littledonny View Post
You need therapy
Quote: Originally Posted by tombom View Post
No I definitely agree, there's a lot of stuff I can put my mind around where I can see the potential ramifications and they're definitely worth putting time into thinking about. Definitely not of the "conspiratorial" type, but it's just common "hacker" mentality to want to find an exploit in the system, my assumption is, if something can go wrong, it will.

I don't need therapy. I am doing just fine but I can look into the future and have a crystal ball. I have had a reality check on life. From the beginning, we are fed lies about how the world really is but the same pattern keeps repeating itself.People that are talented in science are exploited but they don't realize it. You are paid some meaningless arbitrary amount that loses value every single day. To me, this AI is just another attempt to brain wash the human race and control the human race and screw each other eventually and steal more control from you and try to make more wealth from you and steal your personality, your ideas, your soul and even you.

They already pry into our private lives and this is just another attempt to do more of the same. Pychopaths run this place and you are not part of this big club. With this, they can have vans running the street to spy on you when you are in your house but hey what do I know right? If there is money to be made or talent to steal or great ideas to steal, people will steal it.

Last edited by HowHardCanItBe; 10-18-2018 at 12:00 PM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 106 (Unique: 86)
This has been part of their plan all along to take control of the human race and maybe they'll now have full control. This AI breakdown technology is dangerous. It can be used to psychologically damage someone. They already use AI to prop up the share price and print money out of thin air but this is taking things to a whole another level. They already have the law on their side and get away with a lot of questionable things to get more what they want and less for us. They steal our wealth, our prosperity and soon, they'll own our thoughts and brain and pretty soon they could deactivate/disconnect you if you say something against the collective.
I am not a conspiracy buff or intended that way but just posting technology news which could have serious ramifications because everyone these days has got their guard down when it comes to privacy and seems to be in lala land. We are forced to shed a bit of our privacy with the illusion that this stuff is going to keep us safe but it looks like just to spy on you and an another attempt to make money off you and exploit you. The scary thing is that this actually makes you less safe the more safeguards you put in place.

If you think this is scary, you haven't seen anything yet. Watch when AI becomes general intelligent and then super intelligent. That's when you get a psychopath controlling the human race. Think I am making stuff up? Well, the internet is only 30 years old . Let that sink in.
I don't need therapy. I am doing just fine but I can look into the future and have a crystal ball. I have had a reality check on life. From the beginning, we are fed lies about how the world really is but the same pattern keeps repeating itself.People that are talented in science are exploited but they don't realize it. You are paid some meaningless arbitrary amount that loses value every single day. To me, this AI is just another attempt to brain wash the human race and control the human race and screw each other eventually and steal more control from you and try to make more wealth from you and steal your personality, your ideas, your soul and even you.

They already pry into our private lives and this is just another attempt to do more of the same. Pychopaths run this place and you are not part of this big club. With this, they can have vans running the street to spy on you when you are in your house but hey what do I know right? If there is money to be made or talent to steal or great ideas to steal, people will steal it.
These statements have a lot of truth, its only a matter of time before the system will be misused, human nature guarantees it

Quote: Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Can you use it to have undetectable wall hacks in CS:GO? Asking for a friend.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimir View Post
This cannot sense me for I am dead inside.
LOL, I hope not

Quote: Originally Posted by moonbogg View Post
Every time I hear someone get frustrated and yell at our google assistant, I try to warn them they might be yelling at an advanced AI's grandpa. In 20 years, the first true AI will remember everything, including your tone of voice toward it's predecessors. Act accordingly.
LOL

But can it run.... Angry Birds???

About the NVidia GTX 970
"When comes down to it, it's really a $250 card with lies printed all over the box."--Rexer
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post
These statements have a lot of truth, its only a matter of time before the system will be misused, human nature guarantees it

LOL, I hope not

LOL
My intention isn't to cause chaos but to alarm and create awareness of the dangerous path we are taking with technology. Most people don't realize it but technology should have limits set.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 06:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 101 (Unique: 82)
Quote: Originally Posted by littledonny View Post
Wat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Eck_phreaking

Big Blue
(14 items)
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Motherboard
P8P67 DELUXE
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 FTW
RAM
G.Skill
Hard Drive
Western Digital WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0
Optical Drive
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Power Supply
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER XT 775W
Cooling
SWIFTECH H20-320 EDGE HD APOGEE HD WATER BLOCK
Case
APEVIA X JUPITER S TYPE METALLIC BLUE
Operating System
WIN7 64bit
Monitor
ASUS VE258Q
Mouse
RAZER DEATHADDER 3500dpi
Audio
Creative Soundblaster Z
Other
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB for OS
▲ hide details ▲
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Artificial intelligence is a dangerous path because we know how important numbers play apart in this world and mathematics has no bias and math has no upper limit. In this universe, everything feels like a computer simulation, but most people don't see it like this. They are stuck in their own fantasy world. When you use mathematics, you can get dead accurate solutions to a problem, which will be summoning the demon as Elon Musk said, but in this universe, there are no solutions, just managing a problem and controlling a problem, but how do you control a problem when you have a system/being that's smarter than you? You can't and that's where it's going to create a bigger problem.

All the brilliant minds can see how AI is a dangerous path but all these super rich CEOs and scientists are just doing this to secure funding/future for either them or their offsprings which is just creating a more chaotic and messed up world that we already live in. They are just doing this knowing that their contribution is just going to make things worse.

Last edited by HowHardCanItBe; 10-19-2018 at 11:37 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 11:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
This doesn't quite make sense. There are lots of things that can make wifi signals just bounce off. How come they don't detect those objects too? Why only humans? What if there was a rat?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by clonxy View Post
This doesn't quite make sense. There are lots of things that can make wifi signals just bounce off. How come they don't detect those objects too? Why only humans? What if there was a rat?
It says so on the paper.
Excerpt.

Quote:
This paper presents a fundamentally different approach
to deal with occlusions in pose estimation, and potentially
other visual recognition tasks. While visible light is easily
blocked by walls and opaque objects, radio frequency
(RF) signals in the WiFi range can traverse such occlusions.
Further, they reflect off the human body, providing an opportunity
to track people through walls. Recent advances
in wireless systems have leveraged those properties to detect
people [5] and track their walking speed through occlusions
[19]. Past systems however are quite coarse: they
either track only one limb at any time [5, 4], or generate a
static and coarse description of the body, where body-parts
observed at different time are collapsed into one frame [4].
Use of wireless signals to produce a detailed and accurate
description of the pose, similar to that achieved by a stateof-the-art
computer vision system, has remained intractable.
In this paper, we introduce RF-Pose, a neural network
system that parses wireless signals and extracts accurate 2D
human poses, even when the people are occluded or behind
a wall. RF-Pose transmits a low power wireless signal
(1000 times lower power than WiFi) and observes its
reflections from the environment. Using only the radio reflections
as input, it estimates the human skeleton. Fig. 1
shows an example output of RF-Pose tracking a person as
he enters a room, becomes partially visible through a window,
and then walks behind the wal
l

Last edited by HowHardCanItBe; 10-20-2018 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in