[Papers, Please!]TSA announces “biometrics vision for all commercial aviation travelers” - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Papers, Please!]TSA announces “biometrics vision for all commercial aviation travelers”

post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:01 AM
WaterCooler

Rep: 70 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
nothing to hide.
The argument made by the ignorant.

The New Precious
(21 items)
My Precious...
(22 items)
CPU
[Intel] Core i7-4790k
Motherboard
[ASUS] Z97-DELUXE
GPU
[ASUS] GTX 980 Strix
RAM
[Corsair] Vengance Pro Series 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
[Crucial] M550 512GB
Hard Drive
[WD] Black 3TB x 2
Power Supply
[Corsair] AX750
Cooling
[EK] Supremacy EVO - Gold
Cooling
[EK] GTX 980 Strix - Fullcover w/ Backplate
Cooling
[EK] D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario
Cooling
[Monsoon] 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Compressions - Gold
Cooling
[XSPC] EX240 x 2
Cooling
[Corsair] SP120 x 5 / AF120 x 1
Case
[Corsair] Carbide Air 540
Operating System
[Windows] 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
[BenQ] XL2420TX
Keyboard
[Corsair] K70 - Red switches
Mouse
[Razer] Naga Epic
Audio
[Audio Technica] ATH-A700
Audio
[Antlion] ModMic
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2
CPU
[Intel] Core i7-960
Motherboard
[ASUS] Rampage III Formula
GPU
[EVGA] GTX 670 FTW 2GB
RAM
[Corsair] Dominator-GT 6GB DDR3-1866
Hard Drive
[Crucial] M4 128GB
Hard Drive
[Samsung] Spinpoint F3 1TB x2
Hard Drive
[WD] Caviar Black 750GB
Power Supply
[Corsair] AX850
Cooling
[XSPC] Raystorm
Cooling
[XSPC] EX360 and EX240
Cooling
[Scythe] Gentle Typhoon AP-15 x 5
Cooling
[EVGA] GTX 680 Hydro Copper w/ Backplate
Cooling
[XSPC] Dual-bay Res w/ [Swiftech] MCP655
Cooling
[Bitfenix] Spectre Pro Red LED - 140mm x 4
Case
[NZXT] Switch 810 Matte Black
Operating System
[Windows] 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Monitor
[BenQ] XL2420TX
Keyboard
[Saitek] Cyborg V.5 Red LED
Mouse
[Razer] Naga Epic Red LED
Audio
Audio
[ASUS] Xonar Essence STX
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2
CPU
[Intel] Core M-5Y10
GPU
[Intel] HD Graphics 5300
RAM
[Generic?] 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive
[Generic?] 256GB SSD
Operating System
[Microsoft] Windows 10
Monitor
1920 x 1080
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Senioritis Member

Rep: 513 (Unique: 323)
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir Beregond View Post
Exactly.

Jeannie
CPU
i7-3930k
Motherboard
ASUS P9X79 WS
GPU
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
GPU
Monoprice 1x2 powered HDMI Splitter
RAM
Kingston HyperX 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K8/32GX
Hard Drive
128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Optical Drive
LG 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive CH12LS28
Power Supply
Corsair HX750W
Cooling
COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Sleeve CPU Cooler
Case
Antec Two Hundred v2
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor
3 x Asus VG248QE
Monitor
Vizio VO320E 32" TV
Keyboard
Logitech G510s
Mouse
Logitech M525 with Unifying Receiving
Audio
Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card
Other
LSI 9211-8i HBA card
Other
HooToo® HT-CR001 3.5" PCI-E to USB 3.0 Multi-in-One Front Panel Internal Card Reader (6 Memory Slots, Genesys GL3220 Chipset) & SuperSpeed USB 3.0 3-Port Hub (VIA VL800 Chipset), can read & write: M2/MS Micro, High-Speed CF(UDMA), UHS-I, SD, SDHC,...
Other
StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane
CPU
i7-5930K Haswell-e
Motherboard
Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1
GPU
Visiontek Radeon 7870 2GB with 6 miniDisplayports
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaws 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SSDs
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 SSD boot drive
Power Supply
Corsair AX760
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S Cpu cooler
Case
Scratch built. Currently under construction at https://www.overclock.net/t/1602023/preparing-for-a-scratch-built-case
Operating System
Win 7 Ultimate
Mouse
Logitech M525
Mouse
El Cheapo Allsop hard plastic
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 62)
GE is $50/5 yrs. is marketing it like a club, wrong? because on the surface, it's exactly that.
US government wants more biometric data...no surprise there...the world police has been at war more often than its existence with a sizable list of enemies.

your post comes off rather ageist
I was born in the 80s and I don't even reside in the US, but thanks for the history lesson

a regulatory body for professionals vs a gov't agency, what difference does it make? why double-standards? one vets you to make sure you're not high-risk when working with vulnerables, the other assesses you're not high risk when you're confined in a tube 13000 ft in the air for 1-16 hours

lacking some empathy, sure, but you still haven't outlined how I have been pissy; I am not even mad in the slightest at this news...sounds like you're projecting?

trusted traveler program: minimizes my wait time at vehicle border crossings (which averages few times a month), the officers don't bark at me like i'm some most-wanted criminal, it's super handy for layovers, and I can show up at the airport a lot later and practically walk through #teamlasttoboard

you know what they say, don't knock on it until you've tried it. but maybe don't, can't have 'buh it's mah rite!!1' folks clogging the expediated lane.

Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
no i mean the $85 for 5 years lol. that tweet is a gem; looking like it's joining the auto club. last i looked AAA is not a government agency.

for a free citizen of the U.S.; the right to privacy and freedom of movement isn't anything about having something to hide. if they did, such as being a fugitive, then they are not a free citizen as set by the constitution and don't have those rights. so you, along with others, can stop at the fallacious argument of having "nothing to hide". for what an employer may need, is completely different than what a government agency is lawfully allowed to do. unfortunately, what illegal action the executive branch may impose that only takes a stroke of a pen, takes years if not decades to undo in the court system.

had you went to any public high school until '72, you would have had a hard time in a class called "civics", that every student needed to pass before getting their diploma. students had a difficult time with that; understanding the rights afforded by the constitution and each individual's duty to protect them making it being the hardest class in the curriculum. but it seemed the nixion (then ford) administration didn't like all the college campus protests, that right to peacefully protest, and [illegally] coerced most all states with replacing "civics" with "social studies". i can understand ignorance, that can be addressed with facts and evidence, but willful ignorance is an inexcusable trait of self deluded egomaniacs.

have law review of rights vs public safety. oh, i'm sure you don't care but there are other people, ya know.

in the meantime !CONGRATULATIONS! you have completed your indoctrination. your pissy attitude, willful ignorance and complete lack of empathy will help advance you well in the regime!

lol. you know it doesn't matter how fast you get through TSA, that plane isn't going to leave until the crew, plane and tower/traffic are ready.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir Beregond View Post
air travel is a privilege, not a right. It's always been this way. Either as a financial barrier or due to security measures. The few bad apples that weaponized this form of commercial transportation didn't help.

but seriously? why are you even connected to the Internet if you're worried about privacy? I sure hope you don't have a phone with equipped with a GPS or a camera...because that would be ironic and borderline comical . You realize what's public knowledge isn't even the tip of the iceberg right?

like I said, if you don't like it, there's always road trips, buses, trains, cargo ships.

You guys' vision of freedom sounds like living life in fear.

Nvidia Surround Gaming
My PC Hardware Upgrade CyclesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU: Athlon 1.3GHz | Core 2 Duo OC'd 2.0GHz | Core i5-3570K OC'd 4.8GHz
RAM: 2x256MB DDR-333MHz | 2x1GB DDR2-667MHz -> 2x2GB DDR2-800MHz | 4x4GB OC'd DDR3-2133MHz
GPU: GeForce2 MX 64MB -> Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB | Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB | GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB SLI OC'd

Last edited by twitchyzero; 10-28-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:33 PM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 761 (Unique: 441)
GE is $50/5 yrs. is marketing it like a club, wrong? because on the surface, it's exactly that.
US government wants more biometric data...no surprise there...the world police has been at war more often than its existence with a sizable list of enemies.

I was born in the 80s and I don't even reside in the US, but thanks for the history lesson

lacking some empathy, sure, but you still haven't outlined how I have been pissy; I am not even mad in the slightest at this news...sounds like you're projecting?

trusted traveler program: minimizes my wait time at vehicle border crossings (which averages few times a month), the officers don't bark at me like i'm some most-wanted criminal, it's super handy for layovers, and I can show up at the airport a lot later and practically walk through #teamlasttoboard

you know what they say, don't knock on it until you've tried it. but maybe don't, can't have 'buh it's mah rite!!1' folks clogging the expediated lane.

air travel is a privilege, not a right. It's always been this way. Either as a financial barrier or due to security measures. The few bad apples that weaponized this form of commercial transportation didn't help.

but seriously? why are you even connected to the Internet if you're worried about privacy? I sure hope you don't have a phone with equipped with a GPS or a camera...because that would be ironic and borderline comical . You realize what's public knowledge isn't even the tip of the iceberg right?

like I said, if you don't like it, there's always road trips, buses, trains, cargo ships.

side note, you need a dictionary:
Spoiler!

oh the irony!

first of all, pointing out others' wrong(s) doesn't make anything right. and also rights are not given due to any "financial barrier" nor is air travel a privilege and that was covered in the law review i linked previously. what you have shown is a lack of understanding what a right is; a person is BORN with then, not earned such as a privilege. well, besides needing a dictionary (you should also look up ageist and then compare it to what i posted). but i doubt you are willing to help yourself especially concerning freedom and fear. psst you GIVE UP one for the other.

though thanks for pointing out you don't reside in the u.s. and likely not a citizen, though your location is canada under your avatar, i wasn't going to assume such. but now that's it's mentioned; your viewpoints or opinions do not matter in the least.

"Name as many uses for a brick as you can in one minute." - interview at graphics-chip maker Nvidia for a campaign-manager job
Fermi: it's better to burn out than fade away.
Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
"The more you buy, the more you save." - Jensen Huang GTC 2018
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

thank you, English isn't my first language, learned a new word today...though youre showing your true colours by using what's classified as a vulgar slang

nope, international travel is not a right. Because you need valid documentation, like a passport. You did not pop out of a woman with passport in-hand.

and to use a passport, you need to fully comply to the terms set forth by the issuing government. and if their terms are changing and you don't like it, don't leave the country.

of course my viewpoints don't matter, the great US of A is the center of the universe. I only frequent often, have a house there, and have family there, pay my dues to the IRS, no big deal. My input isn't worth a lick even if I am more trusted of a traveler than you are into/out of the US.

Nvidia Surround Gaming
RAM: 2x256MB DDR-333MHz | 2x1GB DDR2-667MHz -> 2x2GB DDR2-800MHz | 4x4GB OC'd DDR3-2133MHz
GPU: GeForce2 MX 64MB -> Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB | Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB | GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB SLI OC'd

Last edited by twitchyzero; 10-28-2018 at 01:48 PM.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 02:59 PM
professional curmudgeon

thank you, English isn't my first language, learned a new word today...though youre showing your true colours by using what's classified as a vulgar slang

nope, international travel is not a right. Because you need valid documentation, like a passport. You did not pop out of a woman with passport in-hand.

and to use a passport, you need to fully comply to the terms set forth by the issuing government. and if their terms are changing and you don't like it, don't leave the country.

of course my viewpoints don't matter, the great US of A is the center of the universe. I only frequent often, have a house there, and have family there, pay my dues to the IRS, no big deal. My input isn't worth a lick even if I am more trusted of a traveler than you are into/out of the US.
yes it CAN BE vulgar but since no one was talking about urine and we were arguing (another word for debating) i clearing was using it in the PROPER term. yeah, english is a horrible language, esp the way we U.S. citizen use it, so i don't mind at all helping other's here on OCN to decipher it.

see the problem is that you are comparing what rights you *think* you have, that are stated to you by your country's constitution with the rights of others stated to them by their constitution. again i'll point out that here in the U.S. international travel is a right -which AGAIN is shown, in case law, of that law review i linked before.

so yeah, you're comparing apples to oranges man. that is why your opinion is irrelevant and doesn't matter.** i know its a tough pill to swallow but you'll live.

**well, unless you want to do a compare and contrast.

"Name as many uses for a brick as you can in one minute." - interview at graphics-chip maker Nvidia for a campaign-manager job
Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 03:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Why not also require a yearly full medical check-up with extensive cavity search and an 8k 4d 360 degrees photo of your fully nude body saved on TSA database, since you have nothing to hide right? :-D

post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 03:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

^i'm OK with the NSA to know that I have anal polyps..maybe they'll even help pay to remove them.
oops, tmi.

Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
see the problem is that you are comparing what rights you *think* you have, that are stated to you by your country's constitution with the rights of others stated to them by their constitution. again i'll point out that here in the U.S. international travel is a right -which AGAIN is shown, in case law, of that law review i linked before.
guess who wrote the US constitution that has already been amended dozens of time?

the US government

the same entity that issues your travel documentation, and hence dictate how and where you can travel. They want you to believe it's a right...sure doesn't sound like it to me.

if you know any other ways to leave the country without said documentation that doesn't involve trafficking, i'm all ears.

Nvidia Surround Gaming

Last edited by twitchyzero; 10-28-2018 at 03:46 PM.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 04:20 PM
professional curmudgeon

^i'm OK with the NSA to know that I have anal polyps..maybe they'll even help pay to remove them.
oops, tmi.
guess who wrote the US constitution that has already been amended dozens of time?

the US government

the same entity that issues your travel documentation, and hence dictate how and where you can travel. They want you to believe it's a right...sure doesn't sound like it to me.

if you know any other ways to leave the country without said documentation that doesn't involve trafficking, i'm all ears.
sorry man, another fail. the u.s government is made up of three separate branches; executive, legislative and judicial. only one of them wrote and amends the constitution. any need for a passport or any other governments issue documentation is regulated not just by the issuing country by also the country being entered; well you know that thing called sovereignty.
Spoiler!

i can leave the u.s. anytime i want, its easy to take a boat past the 12 and 1/2 mile limit into international waters. (E: oops i typed 2 instead of 12, my bad) pre-9/11 i could walk or drive into either canada or mexico and simply state i was a u.s. citizen by an agreement among those governments (countries). seriously man, you're a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. so any discussion on why or how U.S. citzens are ok with a reasonable suspension of their rights to privacy and freedom of movement (which again is in that law review) would be far above your head.

loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 06:36 PM
WaterCooler

Rep: 70 (Unique: 63)

a regulatory body for professionals vs a gov't agency, what difference does it make? why double-standards? one vets you to make sure you're not high-risk when working with vulnerables, the other assesses you're not high risk when you're confined in a tube 13000 ft in the air for 1-16 hours

Expedited lane? Let me just expose how much of a farce this whole thing is in the name of so called "security". The same TSA that misses 90% of things in test too, btw.

So my mom travels a lot so she did the TSA pre thing. Fingerprints and whatever else they do. I told her, great, now's the perfect time for you to become a terrorist. How are they gonna catch you now?

The whole system is designed to make you used to this as so called "security", give up your biometrics willingly for "convenience", and somehow all that is supposed to make us safer when they can't even catch 90% of things and are more interested in frisking grandma and touching my crotch without buying me dinner first. Does anyone else see the stupidity here and how we have slowly gotten used to it as a society?

Quote:

So it's an all or nothing thing? Because it's near impossible to be private anymore I should just say the heck with it and just finish the whole thing up by giving away the rest of my biometrics they don't have yet?

Thanks, no thanks. I'm not that deluded.

And I don't live in fear. I haven't had a reason to fly in years, and when I do, I will sit through the long lines to avoid giving anything more than I have to. That's me exercising my freedom. I also have the freedom to take road-trips...which I have, because I enjoy it. So...not sure what your point there is supposed to be.

The New Precious
(21 items)
My Precious...
(22 items)
CPU
[Intel] Core i7-4790k
Motherboard
[ASUS] Z97-DELUXE
GPU
[ASUS] GTX 980 Strix
RAM
[Corsair] Vengance Pro Series 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
[Crucial] M550 512GB
Hard Drive
[WD] Black 3TB x 2
Power Supply
[Corsair] AX750
Cooling
[EK] Supremacy EVO - Gold
Cooling
[EK] GTX 980 Strix - Fullcover w/ Backplate
Cooling
[EK] D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario
Cooling
[Monsoon] 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Compressions - Gold
Cooling
[XSPC] EX240 x 2
Cooling
[Corsair] SP120 x 5 / AF120 x 1
Case
[Corsair] Carbide Air 540
Operating System
[Windows] 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
[BenQ] XL2420TX
Keyboard
[Corsair] K70 - Red switches
Mouse
[Razer] Naga Epic
Audio
Audio
[Antlion] ModMic
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2
CPU
[Intel] Core i7-960
Motherboard
[ASUS] Rampage III Formula
GPU
[EVGA] GTX 670 FTW 2GB
RAM
[Corsair] Dominator-GT 6GB DDR3-1866
Hard Drive
[Crucial] M4 128GB
Hard Drive
[Samsung] Spinpoint F3 1TB x2
Hard Drive
[WD] Caviar Black 750GB
Power Supply
[Corsair] AX850
Cooling
[XSPC] Raystorm
Cooling
[XSPC] EX360 and EX240
Cooling
[Scythe] Gentle Typhoon AP-15 x 5
Cooling
[EVGA] GTX 680 Hydro Copper w/ Backplate
Cooling
[XSPC] Dual-bay Res w/ [Swiftech] MCP655
Cooling
[Bitfenix] Spectre Pro Red LED - 140mm x 4
Case
[NZXT] Switch 810 Matte Black
Operating System
[Windows] 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Monitor
[BenQ] XL2420TX
Keyboard
[Saitek] Cyborg V.5 Red LED
Mouse
[Razer] Naga Epic Red LED
Audio
Audio
[ASUS] Xonar Essence STX
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2
CPU
[Intel] Core M-5Y10
GPU
[Intel] HD Graphics 5300
RAM
[Generic?] 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive
[Generic?] 256GB SSD
Operating System
[Microsoft] Windows 10
Monitor
1920 x 1080
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in