[CBN News] Israeli Scientists Claim to Create Miracle Drug That Completely Cures Cancer - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[CBN News] Israeli Scientists Claim to Create Miracle Drug That Completely Cures Cancer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:50 AM
I <3 narcissists
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,077
Rep: 208 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
Are you implying aliens or God?
No. Aliens are always a possibility but I will leave that other option to the flat earthers.

Man has made things that increase our risk of getting cancer (some of it by a HUGE amount), but we didn't create cancer. Even if we ignore the fact that we don't really create anything (everything we have is from nature, we just remix in very creative ways) how would skin cancer from laying on the beach everyday be man made?

I have a hard time accepting that people believe cancer is man made, it has to be some sort of misunderstanding or difference in opinion of what "man made" means. Maybe some confusion between "discovering" forms of cancer and creating it?

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲


bigjdubb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:07 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
white owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 5,347
Rep: 135 (Unique: 102)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
No. Aliens are always a possibility but I will leave that other option to the flat earthers.

Man has made things that increase our risk of getting cancer (some of it by a HUGE amount), but we didn't create cancer. Even if we ignore the fact that we don't really create anything (everything we have is from nature, we just remix in very creative ways) how would skin cancer from laying on the beach everyday be man made?

I have a hard time accepting that people believe cancer is man made, it has to be some sort of misunderstanding or difference in opinion of what "man made" means. Maybe some confusion between "discovering" forms of cancer and creating it?
It's a man made problem, I don't think anyone was saying the the government was deciding which kids were getting cancer with their vaccinations.
People didn't really get cancer from smoking until big tobacco started adding chems to it, it's a possibility but I think the chems are 99% to blame there.
Did you know silver didn't tarnish before the industrial revolution? We're the silver, cancer is the tarnish.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
white owl is offline  
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:46 AM
I <3 narcissists
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,077
Rep: 208 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
It's a man made problem, I don't think anyone was saying the the government was deciding which kids were getting cancer with their vaccinations.
People didn't really get cancer from smoking until big tobacco started adding chems to it, it's a possibility but I think the chems are 99% to blame there.
Did you know silver didn't tarnish before the industrial revolution? We're the silver, cancer is the tarnish.
The increase in cancer rates is from man. Death rates rise when we have a war, does that mean that man created death? Man did not create death, man made war and war increases the rate of death. Man has made many things that increase the rate of cancer, some of those increases are severe. Lung cancer is one of those but the second or third leading cause of lung cancer comes from radon which is natural and been causing lung cancer since before we even knew what it was.

Death will happen, with or without man on this planet. Cancer will happen, with or without man on this planet. Both will happen less without us.

It's a lot like climate change, something that has occurred naturally throughout the earths history. We didn't create it, but we have increased it's rate and exacerbated the effects.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲


bigjdubb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:32 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
MasterBillyQuizBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 666
Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
It's a man made problem, I don't think anyone was saying the the government was deciding which kids were getting cancer with their vaccinations.
People didn't really get cancer from smoking until big tobacco started adding chems to it, it's a possibility but I think the chems are 99% to blame there.
Did you know silver didn't tarnish before the industrial revolution? We're the silver, cancer is the tarnish.
Cancer has been around for millions of years. Are you really suggesting it is a modern disease? It's been documented in humans for 5000 years and in other animals at least 240 million years back. With all due respect, you are spreading misinformation and false facts.

Also your statement on silver tarnish is very misleading. Actually it's false. The sulfurs that tarnish have been in the environment since volcanoes. The coal plants etc. are a different type of sulfur and while contributing to the oxidation, are in no way solely responsible.

If you have evidence refuting the ancient Egyptian cancers found and those found in prehistoric animals like reptiles, then by all means lets hear it.

Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
The increase in cancer rates is from man. Death rates rise when we have a war, does that mean that man created death? Man did not create death, man made war and war increases the rate of death. Man has made many things that increase the rate of cancer, some of those increases are severe. Lung cancer is one of those but the second or third leading cause of lung cancer comes from radon which is natural and been causing lung cancer since before we even knew what it was.

Death will happen, with or without man on this planet. Cancer will happen, with or without man on this planet. Both will happen less without us.

It's a lot like climate change, something that has occurred naturally throughout the earths history. We didn't create it, but we have increased it's rate and exacerbated the effects.
This is correct. The fantastic journey of a neutrino as it passes through everything to finally shoot through your skull and interrupt cellular function is fun to think about too.

People are under the impression that before the industrial revolution, things like cancer and the like weren't an issue. Mortality rates are way down from then but of course as you pointed out the frequency and types of cancer are quite ugly these days.

"wind tunnel cat is watching you reduce drag"


Last edited by ryan92084; 04-12-2019 at 05:24 PM.
MasterBillyQuizBoy is offline  
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Not a linux lobbyist
 
rluker5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,564
Rep: 42 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBillyQuizBoy View Post



Quit being stupid and look at the MSDS posted for each chemical on your job site.
I was being facetious and mocking the lack of thought given to the quantitative aspect of health hazards by many. I'm well aware of the SDS (replaced MSDS a few years ago) for those chemicals that have them, and they are quantitative as well in terms of levels of exposure.

L5
(19 items)
Lea2
(12 items)
L7
(11 items)
CPU
5950hq
Motherboard
z97 Classified
GPU
Aorus 1080ti Waterforce
GPU
Aorus 1080ti Waterforce
RAM
16 G Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
RAM
16 G Team Extreme @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
Hard Drive
2xSamsung 840 EVO 250G
Hard Drive
seagate barracuda 3T
Hard Drive
Optane 900p 480G OS
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
Cooling
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 120 (cpu)
Cooling
2 140mm case fans, 2 120mm
Case
Fractal Design R4 (no window)
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
panasonic TC-58AX800U
Audio
Focal Elear
Audio
SoundbasterX AE-5
Other
Megatron
CPU
4770k
Motherboard
Asus Z87 Deluxe
GPU
Asus 780ti DC2OC
GPU
Asus 780ti DC2OC
RAM
8Gb patriot 1600mhz
Hard Drive
ROG Raidr 240Gb pcie
Hard Drive
1Tb WD blue
Power Supply
Pc Power&Cooling silencer Mk2 950w
Cooling
Deepcool Lucifer V2
Case
DIYPC P48-W
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
40"tv
CPU
4980hq
Motherboard
Asus H81T/CSM
RAM
16GB 1600 generic
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 evo 120gb
Power Supply
Skyvast 90w brick for hp pavilion something
Cooling
SilverStone Tek Super Slim
Case
SilverStone Tek PT13B
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
50" samsung plasma 720p
Keyboard
Logitech K400+
Other
Intel wifi ac card and noname antennas
▲ hide details ▲
rluker5 is offline  
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
MasterBillyQuizBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 666
Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post
I was being facetious and mocking the lack of thought given to the quantitative aspect of health hazards by many. I'm well aware of the SDS (replaced MSDS a few years ago) for those chemicals that have them, and they are quantitative as well in terms of levels of exposure.
Heh you're right. I get that way at work too. This MSDS shouldn't even be on this wall right now, probably why I said MSDS instead of SDS.

"wind tunnel cat is watching you reduce drag"

MasterBillyQuizBoy is offline  
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:53 AM
OC...D
 
Jpmboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 26,198
Rep: 1273 (Unique: 561)
They need to publish in peer-review journals and have the science vetted (which they curiously have not). There have been too many similar claims which later fail when tested properly using the appropriate controls. If you are not skeptical of any "breakthrough" claim (from anywhere) and forget the null hypothesis, seek a career outside science.
Besides, they are 7+ years in, angel seed money must be running out, and a little publicity may help them get enough cash to extend the runway to enable a valid proof-of-concept.
Wish them luck.
Start-up Nation

ASUS Z370/Z390 Motherboard Support Thread, Coffee Lake OC Guide
Rampage VI Apex / 7980XE / 2 Titan V / 32GB 4000C16/Corsair AX1500i/Intel 900P

GPUs For Sale
X299
(26 items)
x99
(18 items)
Z370 Z390
(23 items)
CPU
7980XE
CPU
7740X
CPU
9900X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage VI Apex
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus G9
Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
2x Nvidia Titan V
GPU
GTX 1080
RAM
G. Skill 2x(2x8GB) 3600c15 @4000c16
RAM
Team Group
RAM
Two 4x8GB GS 3600c16 kits @ 4000c16
Hard Drive
INtel Optane 900P
Hard Drive
2x256 Plextor Raid 0
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Hard Drive
Samsung Sm 961
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G3
Cooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420)
Cooling
Koolance EXC-800
Case
Microcool Banchetto 101 (Alu)
Case
Corsair 570X
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
ROG Swift
Keyboard
Ducky
Mouse
Spatha
CPU
6950X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme-10
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
RAM
G Skill 8x8GB 3200c14 @3400c13
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
ASUS BR/DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
2x360 Aq Copper Rads
Cooling
Aquaero 6
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U (9-fan mora)
Cooling
Ek Full Cover MB waterblock
Case
CaseLabs Mercury S8
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
AGON 32 inch
Keyboard
Das Pro
Mouse
Logitech G700
CPU
8700K
CPU
9700K
CPU
8086K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Apex
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
GPU
GTX 1080
GPU
GTX 1070Ti FTW2
GPU
Titan V
RAM
2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19
RAM
G.Skill 3600c16 4x6GB
Hard Drive
Intel 750
Optical Drive
PLextor DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1200i
Power Supply
Seasonic Titanium 850W
Cooling
360Rad + Chiller
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U
Case
Corasir 570
Operating System
Win 10
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Monitor
55" 4K
Keyboard
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival
▲ hide details ▲


Jpmboy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off