[NASA] Black Hole Image Makes History; NASA Telescopes Coordinated Observations - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[NASA] Black Hole Image Makes History; NASA Telescopes Coordinated Observations

post #61 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Newb to Overclock.net

Rep: 164 (Unique: 122)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
descartes walks into a restaurant and the waitress asks if he wants anything.

he replies, "i think not." and disappears.
I get it: He thinks, therefore he am!

CPU: Q6600 X5470 2100T 1680V2 9900K 5950HQ
GPU: 8800GT 9800GTX+ 750Ti 1080Ti
RAM: 2x8GBTZ
Gentoo64 in Water
(14 items)
LGA775 X5470
(6 items)
CPU
9900K 5GHz 1.224v
Motherboard
EVGA Z370 Micro
GPU
MSI 1080TI GXEK 2100.5/12627
RAM
16GB Trident Z 4000C16
Hard Drive
970 EVO 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic X850 Gold
Cooling
480mm Radiator Custom
Case
Silverstone FT03
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Operating System
Gentoo Linux 64 Multi-Lib
Monitor
Acer Predator XB271UH 165Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Sound Blaster Z
CPU
X5470 4GHz (stock v)
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UD3P
GPU
EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512MB
RAM
8GB 4x2GB GSkill 1066MHz DDR2
Cooling
XSPC Rasa, D5 + Res, 240mm Rad
Case
Lian-Li PC7-HX
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:14 PM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 207 (Unique: 131)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
Alex Jones doesn't even think the earth is flat...
That made my day.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #63 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Science has long way to go and I will always remain its avid fan. I never thought that black holes have halo and that what I've seen in text books are not actual photos. The image looks really amazing and scary at the same time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 521 (Unique: 293)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
That made my day.
Glad to be of service to you.

I mean, when the man who sees clockwork elves and inter-dimensional demonic child molesters without drugs tells you the earth is round, you stop questioning it.
post #65 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
I forgot you were the guy who has mistaken me for someone else. Go about your business.
No mistake kid. It's super obvious.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #66 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

If the universe is over 13.8 billion years old made up of things with quantifiable "mass", then how can something such as a black hole that has zero volume, with "infinite" density and gravity that is eternal exist in that same finite universe ?
post #67 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:52 PM
I Love this Hobby!

Rep: 584 (Unique: 488)
Quote: Originally Posted by NewType88 View Post
If the universe is over 13.8 billion years old made up of things with quantifiable "mass", then how can something such as a black hole that has zero volume, with "infinite" density and gravity that is eternal exist in that same finite universe ?
Math.

Nikola Tesla - “Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.”

-Guide to 1st Case Modding for Better GPU(s) Performance/Cooling-
https://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...ing-guide
-Guide to 2nd Case Modding for Better GPU(s) Performance/Cooling-
https://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...e-fan-mod
Bit'O'Heaven
(16 items)
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
CPU
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Rog Gene
GPU
Gigabyte AMD R9 290 @ 1160GHz Core/1350GHz Mem
GPU
Gigabyte AMD R9 290 @ 1160GHz Core/1350GHz Mem
RAM
G.SKILL Trident X DDR3 16GB 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 256GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer Black Blu-ray 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300W 80PLUS Gold Fully Modular
Cooling
Open Water Loop
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Operating System
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27" Freesync 1440p 144Hz
Monitor
Samsung 245BW 24" 1200p 60Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G15
Mouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X5
Mousepad
ALLSOP Redmond Mouse Pad
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX
GPU
Sapphire AMD HD 7990
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 8GB 1600MHz
Hard Drive
Crucial SSD 128GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB
Optical Drive
LG DVD R/W
Power Supply
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 Fully Modular
Cooling
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100
Case
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black Case
Operating System
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Monitor
Samsung TV 52"
Keyboard
Logitech K330 Wireless
Mouse
Logitech M215 Wireless
Mousepad
Corsair Vengeance MM200
Audio
Yamaha RX-V681 PSB/PolkAudio 5.1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X4 640
Motherboard
ASRock N68C-GS
GPU
NVIDIA 6600GT
RAM
G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM
Optical Drive
LG Optical Drive
Power Supply
Thermaltake TR2 600W
Cooling
Thermaltake Max Orb
Case
Cigar Boxes
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT
Keyboard
Gigabyte GK-K6800 103
Mouse
Zalman ZM-M300
Mouse
Corsair Vengeance MM200
▲ hide details ▲

post #68 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
The actual object has a volume and is a physical object with mass. The actual object is much smaller than the black sphere you are seeing. That is only the event horizon. You are assuming the universe is finite. Which it may be, but you may actually be able to go in 1 direction and never stop because of the shape.

I don't understand what you mean by "gravity that is external".

These objects exist.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post
Math.

Nikola Tesla - “Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.”
OK Mr. Tesla, what sort of subatomic experiment involving up-quarks do you have for us today? Remember, these particles we are looking for only exist in the conditions 10 million years after the Big Bang, so you're going to need to fit an accelerator in your apartment.

The math has been worked on for a long time now. We now have instruments capable of proving a lot of these concepts. Gravitational waves come to mind.

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
actually, this is clearly a fake image as well, just like all earth images, cuz multiple telescopes were used to form an inter dimensional space alien composite image.

also, this ping pong in a cup of water on my desk proves everything!

its funny, these statements always remind me of the "anti conformist" kids in school, they all ran around parroting the same nonsense.

"err mrr grrrd, you silly not wise folks that think you're wise, you'll never be as wise as me! I got a degree in flat earth on youtube from folks that couldn't even graduate from high school! I R WOKER THAN U!"

your existence is still just a theory too the "fact" we're "here" does nothing to prove we exist.
He doesn't understand that in science, nothing is higher than theory. Theories are supported by facts, which are proven through experiments which are devised from an initial hypothesis.

I'd like someone to tell these people gravity is "just a theory!" while kicking their dumb asses off the planet.

"wind tunnel cat is watching you reduce drag"

Last edited by ryan92084; 04-22-2019 at 04:16 AM.
post #69 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 03:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBillyQuizBoy View Post
The actual object has a volume and is a physical object with mass. The actual object is much smaller than the black sphere you are seeing. That is only the event horizon. You are assuming the universe is finite. Which it may be, but you may actually be able to go in 1 direction and never stop because of the shape.

I don't understand what you mean by "gravity that is external".

These objects exist.
I am not questioning whether the object in the photo exists - it does. I mistakenly used eternal interchangeably for infinity.

I'm referring to stars original mass that is quantifiable pre- black hole…..then a finite mass collapses and creates infinite density, infinite gravity within a volume that is infinitely small.

According to the big bang theory the universe is finite. Black hole theory presumably lives within this big bang universe. So if the universe itself is finite, and the stars are finite, while functioning according the laws of physics… all am asking is how can something exist within a finite universe that creates "infinite" gravity, density and size ? In order to get the characteristics of a black hole mathematically you have to divide by zero…..now if the definition of infinite is - "limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.", then using science is impossible outside of simulations based on these theoretical mathematical assumptions. Because there is an never will be a way to test these concepts….however we can observe our universe and this is where it gets interesting….

"ALMA has revealed the telltale signs of eleven low-mass stars forming perilously close -- within three light-years -- to the Milky Way's supermassive black hole, known to astronomers as Sagittarius A* (Sgr A*). At this distance, tidal forces driven by the supermassive black hole should be energetic enough to rip apart clouds of dust and gas before they can form stars."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1128123259.htm

Also, a gas cloud "G2" came within 36 light MINUTES of the black hole mentioned above and survived….
Astronomers watched in fascination as an object called G2 appeared to edge closer to our Milky Way’s central black hole. But G2 survived!

https://earthsky.org/space/how-g2-su...lky-ways-heart

As you know, one of the test of a sound theory is how accurately can it make predictions…there are many examples like the ones above, of observations that are unexpected given what the current paradigm of cosmology expects to find…

Last edited by NewType88; 04-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.
post #70 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 177 (Unique: 117)
This is based on General Relativity, which we already know is not completely correct in all regimes. The center of a black hole is probably one of these regimes. Don't get stuck on the infinity, it probably is not real. We have several theories for what it actually is and a true singularity is not one of them, when your equations return infinity you are probably missing something.

I like the idea that is is simply getting smaller and smaller faster and faster, forever, but it never reaches a true zero size before infinite time. Not that I think it is the most likely but it is so simple and yet outside human understanding. This is not the only theory that does not expect a singularity.

I don't think the universe is finite either, of course we cannot know for sure, but we do know it is a lot bigger than the observable universe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in